Pelfrey wearing rally cap on national tv right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelfrey wearing rally cap on national tv right now

They just showed Mike Pelfrey wearing a rally cap on FOX. The Mets and Cardinals are in a 17 inning 0-0 tie.

It is quite a game. The Cardinals have left the bases loaded at least 3 times in extra innings and have left a guy on third at least 4 times. In the bottom of the 16th inning, a Cardinal player made the third out trying to come home on a ground out ball to the 2nd baseman.

The Cardinals have left 19 men on base and the Mets have left 9 men on base.

These guys are being paid millions of dollars and they can't get a timely hit, they strike out looking and they make stupid base running errors.

Re: Pelfrey wearing rally cap on national tv right now

Originally posted by shocker3

These guys are being paid millions of dollars and they can't get a timely hit, they strike out looking and they make stupid base running errors.
    I believe that is acceptable when your competitor is at the same level of competition as you.

Of course if you want us to just accept that WSU baseball program is equivalent to Indiana's states program then today was "heck of game" and the boys in black and gold gave them a good run for the money and WSU almost upset them in their home park. Good effort guys.

Comment

Hey the Mets finally scored the first run of the game in the 19th inning.

They did it because St. Louis has run out of relief pitching. They used a potistion player to pitch in the 18th inning but the Mets still couldn't score. They put in another position player in the 19th inning who can't seem to throw a strike and he's hit a player.

That's what it took for the Mets to finally score one run in 19 innings.

Comment

Cards just tied it up 1-1 in the bottom of the 19th. On to the 20th. It's on Fox.

Pelphrey is 2-0 for the 3-7 Mets.

View the profile of Chicago White Sox Starting Pitcher Mike Pelfrey on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

"The addition of a split-fingered fastball to Pelfrey's arsenal appears to have done the trick as he has opened the season with two excellent outings after closing the spring with a solid start. Pelfrey is currently the Mets' fourth starter, but given his fine pitching along with the current struggles of John Maine, look for him to possibly be moved behind Johan Santana before too long."

Comment

What a strange game.

Comment

Outfielders pitching to MLB hitters and only 2 runs?

Craziness...
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

Nah. The threw a shortstop too.

Comment

Mike Pelfrey is now pitching for the Mets. It is the 20th inning.

Comment

The Mets really must be a pathetic hitting team. They faced two postiion players in 3 innings (the one that pitched 2 innings was absolutely terrible, the only way he could throw a strike was to throw it right over the middle of the plate at a very hittable speed).

It should have been like 3 innings of batting practice for them and they could only score 2 runs.

Comment

Mike now is leading the Mets in saves with one.

Comment

Congrats to Pelfrey! Game was almost 7 hours....wow

Comment

1st career save!!

Comment

Glad to see somebody representin' nicely today!

What a game. I switched through it around 4:00 and then got a text telling me Pelphrey was pitching. I was astonished to see the game had made it to 20.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Re: Pelfrey wearing rally cap on national tv right now

Originally posted by SB Shock
                            Originally posted by shocker3

I believe that is acceptable when your competitor is at the same level of competition as you.

Of course if you want us to just accept that WSU baseball program is equivalent to Indiana's states program then today was "heck of game" and the boys in black and gold gave them a good run for the money and WSU almost upset them in their home park. Good effort guys.

I made absolutely no comparison between these 2 major league teams and WSU vs. Indiana St.

I was just pointing out that even these highly paid baseball players make running mistakes, fail to compete at the plate and fail to make timely hits. Actually the more I watched, the more I realized just how pathetic the Mets hitters are.

But since you brought up the comparison, I will point out that Indiana St. did beat us two out of three games in the regular season series at home last year.

Indiana St. also finished 15-7 in the MVC last year compared to WSU's 11-7 (a full 2 game lead for the Sycamores over the Shockers).

And having seen Indiana St play 2 games this year (and 5 times last year), I would say that this year's Sycamore team is better than last year's team.

I will also say that I was very nervous about this series before it started. Indiana St has been playing very well lately having taken 2 out of 3 games at the Citadel (a top 20 rpi team) and having a former Shocker (Max Hutson) on their coaching staff. They also get up for playing us (as pretty much all the Valley teams do) so all of their players play a little better against us then they do against he rest of their schedule.

Having said that I still thought the Shockers would win this series this year. But Indiana St appears to be even better than I thought they were and we have lost two very close hard fought games.

Although I very much wanted us to win, the team has played well and no one should say that WSU played pathetic or embarrasing baseball. We made no errors today, our starting pitcher pitched well until he ran out of gas and our relievers did fine. We also got several hits today, we just fell one run short. It's time to put this game behind us and move on.

I am very hopeful that we can pull out a win on Sunday and then return home and get a win against Kstate (rpi 37).
                            :posterwsu:

Comment

I haven't checked the Mets record or Pelfrey's, but from this thread...

...Does Pelfrey actually have 2 wins and a save out of the Mets 4 wins?
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                              X