No announcement yet.

This Program Has Officially Fallen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is the rest of the schedule, unless they turn things around quickly I say the Shox end up 11-13 for the rest of the year.

Fri, Apr 16 at Indiana State - L
    Sat, Apr 17 at Indiana State - W
    Sun, Apr 18 at Indiana State - L
    Tue, Apr 20 Kansas State - L
    Wed, Apr 21 Bethany College - W
    Fri, Apr 23 San Jose State - W
    Sat, Apr 24 San Jose State - W
    Sun, Apr 25 San Jose State - L
    Tue, Apr 27 Kansas - L
    Wed, Apr 28 Oklahoma State - W
    Fri, Apr 30 at Illinois State - L
    Sat, May 01 at Illinois State - W
    Sun, May 02 at Illinois State - L
    Tue, May 04 Oral Roberts .- L
    Fri, May 07 at Creighton - W
    Sat, May 08 at Creighton - L
    Sun, May 09 at Creighton - L
    Fri, May 14 Missouri State - W
    Sat, May 15 Missouri State - W
    Sun, May 16 Missouri State - W
    Tue, May 18 Oral Roberts - L
    Thu, May 20 Dallas Baptist - W
    Fri, May 21 Dallas Baptist - L
    Sat, May 22 Dallas Baptist - L
    Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

• Well thank god there's no more midweek road games. We just had to wait for our schedule to get easier so we could win some games.

Isn't that what Shocker Baseball is all about?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt
        Here is the rest of the schedule, unless they turn things around quickly I say the Shox end up 11-13 for the rest of the year.
        While I'm not holding out any hope for a miracle finish, I don't see the remaining MVC schedule yielding a 6-6 record. 7-5 or 8-3 are probably more realistic. Yes, 3 of the 4 remaining series are on the road, but still ...

WSU is sitting at RPI 67, InSt (134), IlSt (125), sCUm (119), and MoSt (182) just aren't that awe-inspiring either; those 4 teams are a combined 63-56 overall and 12-15 in conference. Plus Kelley and Cooper are still in the top 5 or 6 starters in the conference and should have 8 starts in-conference left.

I'm pessimistic, but not 11-13 pessimistic.

--'85.
        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Maybe we should go the steroids route.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt
            Here is the rest of the schedule, unless they turn things around quickly I say the Shox end up 11-13 for the rest of the year.

Fri, Apr 16 at Indiana State - L
            Sat, Apr 17 at Indiana State - W
            Sun, Apr 18 at Indiana State - L
            Tue, Apr 20 Kansas State - L
            Wed, Apr 21 Bethany College - W
            Fri, Apr 23 San Jose State - W
            Sat, Apr 24 San Jose State - W
            Sun, Apr 25 San Jose State - L
            Tue, Apr 27 Kansas - L
            Wed, Apr 28 Oklahoma State - W
            Fri, Apr 30 at Illinois State - L
            Sat, May 01 at Illinois State - W
            Sun, May 02 at Illinois State - L
            Tue, May 04 Oral Roberts .- L
            Fri, May 07 at Creighton - W
            Sat, May 08 at Creighton - L
            Sun, May 09 at Creighton - L
            Fri, May 14 Missouri State - W
            Sat, May 15 Missouri State - W
            Sun, May 16 Missouri State - W
            Tue, May 18 Oral Roberts - L
            Thu, May 20 Dallas Baptist - W
            Fri, May 21 Dallas Baptist - L
            Sat, May 22 Dallas Baptist - L
            well so far your prediction is perfect. I tried to find fault but if anything you might be to positive.

Comment

• Bump
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Pretty accurate so far Shirley Ducksnort.

Comment

• Except today`s prediction. :D

Comment

• Except today`s prediction.
                    I hope that I am wrong for the rest of the season, nothing would make me happier than running the table or winning a big majority of games left.

I hope the beating that they gave KU wakes them up and they realize what they can do, it was not Bethany last night but a fairly decent KU team.

GO SHOX!
                    Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

• Bump.

We just got mercy-ruled by Illinois freaking State.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• As bad as last year and this year have been (by Shocker standards) I think next year could be even worse.

We lose the following position players for sure:

Ryan Jones
                        Cody Lassley
                        Travis Bennett
                        Brett Bascue
                        Will Baez
                        Clint McKeever

We lose the following pitchers:

Logan Hoch
                        Cobey Guy
                        Tyler Fleming

The following are possible losses to the MLB draft:

Tim Kelley
                        Preston Springer
                        Jordan Cooper (I think he is draft eligible)
                        Johnny Coy (I think he is draft eligible)

If Kelley, Cooper, Springer and Coy go in the draft the cupboard will indeed be bare.

So, yes, things can get worse especially if the draft eligible players all move on.

Comment

• Perhaps the old saying. "it will get worse before it get's better" fits this program. Our rebuilding mode is going to take a little while longer I'm afraid.

Comment

• Let's hope it will be a rebuilding mode and not just the status quo.

Comment

• The landscape of college baseball has changed, that alone would make
                              it difficult for the current staff to rebuild to the level that we all long for.
                              The problem is the current staff can't build the same product they could
                              years ago and they are probably only a few years from a change of leadership. Sadly this combination of realities means that we had a good
                              long ride and it is now grinding to a halt never to return to the heights we
                              came to expect after the early 90's :cry:
                              THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

• I watched the Goddard vs. Maize games last night at Goddard.

There were at least 3 players who could definitely help WSU out next year!

Levi Meyer - Senior (C) Goddard, almost single handedly changed the outcome of the games with defensive presence. Great job of calling pitches, blocking balls in the dirt and tremendous arm/pop time 1.89 on a throw out last night. Unbelievably tough competitor!

Dillon Kerans - Senior (P) Maize, command of 3-4 pitches, ability to work around 5 errors on routine ground balls and still win. Both 2 seam and 4 seam fastballs mostly 86-89mph, we did get several 90 & 91's. Straight changeup was best pitch IMHO at 76MPh. Breaking ball appeared to be an after thought last night. It was not necessary. Looks thin at 6'2" 180LB but exceptionally long arms and legs. Could project to 6'3"-6-4" 215-220lb. Extreme mental toughness and gritty as hell!

I guess my 3rd player can't help them out next year but the year after. Gage Byers, Junior (P) Maize, fast ball last night 86-88mph, 2 @ 90 mph. Appears to be developing a straight change up along with a breaking ball.
                                Appears to be 5'10-6' with a very thick lower half. My guess is 210lbs. I have heard others rave about him for a couple of years now. Last night he started to make a believer out of me. The when you absolutely need a strike pitch is not necessarily a fastball anymore. The straight changeup was very good and the breaking ball above average. He is fast becoming a warrior!

Comment

Working...
                                X