This Program Has Officially Fallen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock49
    Hey 22, If things are so bad & embarassing maybe YOU should find somethig else to follow!The Royals are looking for some fans.
    49...I have put time, money, and energy into our baseball program for many years. As a fan we all deserve to see a product of baseball that at least shows mental preperation and is fundamentally sound.

Comment

• Here ... Here ... Not to be a snob or anything, but this year's team is embarrassing. Just look at their record against 'good' teams.

We are suppose to be an elite program, but somehow we get beat by Kansas and Kansas State almost every year .... What's that say?

How long since we have been to the CWS? Is our current coaching philosophy up with the 'current' times or is it too much 'old school'?
      We were suppose to have a lot of talent this year, but it sure isn't playing out like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapshot9
        How long since we have been to the CWS? Is our current coaching philosophy up with the 'current' times or is it too much 'old school'?
        We were suppose to have a lot of talent this year, but it sure isn't playing out like that.
        '96 was the Shox last CWS appearance.

I was dumbfounded with Gentle Gene on his coaching show talk about how he's more concerned about putting "consistent" players on the field than the "best" talent. Look like he's achieved what he was looking for - consistency.

After listening to about 10 minutes (that is all i could manage) of him talk about how managing a baseball team was like managing a corporation it was clear he is losing his way and is a walking "dilbert" cartoon.

Comment

• Going to have to respectfully continue to disagree with the "embarrassing" tag. A team with a 21-11 record... 37 HRs... ranked as high as 21 earlier in the season... is far from being "embarrassing" as a whole. Sure, some of the "W"s have come from fluff games but certainly not all of them.

There are approximately 275 (I think) Division I baseball teams across the country. The competition out there is tough.

WSU has a reputation for having a great program and for having extremely tough fans that truly love and understand the game. I, for one, will continue to be a "Sunshine Pumper" and darn proud of it. I'm looking past last night's game and onto this weekend.

:wsu_posters:
          ** aka Sunshine **

Comment

• Originally posted by WSU_Mom
            extremely tough fans that truly understand the game.
            that statement is in doubt. maybe it you put "think they" in front of "understand" then it would be a true statement.

Comment

Going to have to respectfully continue to disagree with the "embarrassing" tag. A team with a 21-11 record... 37 HRs... ranked as high as 21 earlier in the season... is far from being "embarrassing" as a whole. Sure, some of the "W"s have come from fluff games but certainly not all of them.

There are approximately 275 (I think) Division I baseball teams across the country. The competition out there is tough.

WSU has a reputation for having a great program and for having extremely tough fans that truly love and understand the game. I, for one, will continue to be a "Sunshine Pumper" and darn proud of it. I'm looking past last night's game and onto this weekend.

:wsu_posters:
              I am not talking about the record or stats for this team. What I am embarrased about is what I see on the field. If this team was prepared mentally and executed fundamentals we would have a far better record. My embarrasement comes from lack of execution and inadequate fundamental baseball. We have come to expect alot out of WSU baseball and unfortuantly the team we put on the field is an embarrasment to me. With the talent we possess, the resources we enjoy there is no reason we shouldn't have a better product on the field.

We are the third best team in the state and any WSU fan that says that's not an embarrassment is just being foolish.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22
                All I know is the way this team plays is embarrasing.
                Correction... the way the team PLAYED last night was disappointing at best, embarrassing at worst. I'll be the very first to admit it. However, I certainly would not go as far as to say "the way this team plays is embarrassing" as a whole.
                I know that you probably have blood ties to the team, but let's cut the crap. The team is embarrassing. Their record has been inflated with NAIA wins and Valley bottom dweller wins. They have ONE good win over a decent team -Washington State. That's it.

It's more than looking at the 21-11 record (which is barely better than average against the competition we've played). Watch the majority of our games and just like others have said, fundamental baseball is lacking. Baseball IQ is non-existent with this team.

Sorry the truth hurts. :cry:
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Hey 22, If things are so bad & embarassing maybe YOU should find somethig else to follow!The Royals are looking for some fans.
                  Yep. 14-0 and getting two-hit by some young Nebraska scrubs was not embarrassing. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Are you some of you people seriously blind?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by lostshocker
                    Originally posted by WSU_Mom
                    extremely tough fans that truly understand the game.
                    that statement is in doubt. maybe it you put "think they" in front of "understand" then it would be a true statement.
                    Your posts have contributed to that statement.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• The winds of change of change are blowing, well a breeze before the brewing storm anyway.

Go Shocks!
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• AGAIN,If You feel embarassed by your team,find a different place to hang your hat!No One Makes you follow them.

Comment

AGAIN,If You feel embarassed by your team,find a different place to hang your hat!No One Makes you follow them.
                          If our team is playing embarrassing baseball it is our right to say so. We are fans of the Shox and if it insults you that we say the play is embarrasing then you just have thin skin. We are fans and will continue to follow them. Bailing now would make us band wagon fans and there are few Shocker baseball fans that are bandwagon fans.

If you don't like to hear our opinions on how our team is playing then maybe you should hang your hat somewhere else. No one makes you read our posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker22
                            Originally posted by shock49
                            AGAIN,If You feel embarassed by your team,find a different place to hang your hat!No One Makes you follow them.
                            If our team is playing embarrassing baseball it is our right to say so. We are fans of the Shox and if it insults you that we say the play is embarrasing then you just have thin skin. We are fans and will continue to follow them. Bailing now would make us band wagon fans and there are few Shocker baseball fans that are bandwagon fans.

If you don't like to hear our opinions on how our team is playing then maybe you should hang your hat somewhere else. No one makes you read our posts.
                            +1

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker22
                              Originally posted by shock49
                              49...I have put time, money, and energy into our baseball program for many years. As a fan we all deserve to see a product of baseball that at least shows mental preperation and is fundamentally sound.

22, I agree with your comment here. I have mostly stayed away from baseball discussions this year as it seemed to me as things started downhill this level of discourse was inevitable.

However, I STRONGLY disagree with using the word "embarrassing".

I think many, if not most, of WSU baseball fans are frustrated, disappointed, mad, angry, sad....any number of emotions. I don't believe embarrassed should be one of those.

I am embarrassed when we don't graduate student athletes. We should hold ourselves and our kids to a higher level. I would be embarrassed if and when our kids or staff run afoul with the law or draw un-needed attention for activities they should be avoiding (Ahem). Those things are embarrassing.

I realize it's just words and semantics.........but sometimes words like that make people believe things are worse than they really are.....

Just one man's perspective. Everyone certainly has the right to say whatever they wish......I'll just state for the record that the student athletes are in no way shape or form anywhere close to an embarrassment to me.

I do wish we'd perform better.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

• Then STOP Whining!

Comment

Working...
                                X