X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
    Originally posted by lostshocker
    Originally posted by WSU_Mom
    extremely tough fans that truly understand the game.
    that statement is in doubt. maybe it you put "think they" in front of "understand" then it would be a true statement.
    Your posts have contributed to that statement.
    you are an amusing person. the only time you show up to support the baseball team is to ***** about their poor play. you were virtually non-existent on this forum during a 6 game winning streak. you did make a nice appearance during some rough spots in the OSU game.

as for my posts contributing to my statement, sure to an extent. i believe i have stated that i dont get to see the baseball team play, as of today i have seen them once on tv (disheartened i wasnt able to attend the NU game as it is a 30 min drive) and "seen" them on the radio a few times. the comments i have made have been tempered with questions of what others have seen and a couple comments regarding widely held beliefs about baseball situations, ones you dont need harold reynolds to tell you either. but yes there is a lot about baseball i dont know. i admit that.

apologize about the long post.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
      Are you some of you people seriously blind?
      Originally posted by ShockerFever
      Originally posted by shock49
      I'm simply responding to the dribble.
      The "dribble"?

Comment

• Originally posted by shock49
        AGAIN,If You feel embarassed by your team,find a different place to hang your hat!No One Makes you follow them.
        Looks like people have already been taking your advice:

Attendance per game

2007 - 4257
        2008 - 4187
        2009 - 3839
        2010 - 3124

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock
          AGAIN,If You feel embarassed by your team,find a different place to hang your hat!No One Makes you follow them.

Attendance per game

2007 - 4257
          2008 - 4187
          2009 - 3839
          2010 - 3124
          I smell what your cookin' but we have to take into consideration KU,KSU and OSU have yet to visit the Eck.That should push the numbers up quite a bit.

Comment

• Local recruits are beginning to look elsewhere as well. Unable and unwilling to go any further than this at this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnieBallgame
              Local recruits are beginning to look elsewhere as well. Unable and unwilling to go any further than this at this time.
              If that is happening and we start losing out on quality local players, that may be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Gene may need to quickly plan his graceful exit.

Comment

• Originally posted by tru2thaduce
                Originally posted by SB Shock

Attendance per game

2007 - 4257
                2008 - 4187
                2009 - 3839
                2010 - 3124
                I smell what your cookin' but we have to take into consideration KU,KSU and OSU have yet to visit the Eck.That should push the numbers up quite a bit.
                The attendance also tends to go up once the weather warms up.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock

Attendance per game

2007 - 4257
                  2008 - 4187
                  2009 - 3839
                  2010 - 3124
                  It is a snapshot right now, nothing more or nothing less. Things could change very easily with 14 more home games + MVC tournament.

If WSU finishes strong in the MVC and the weather is good and this team can generate some positive vibes, then there are some good series that could easily boost the attendance (San Joes St. Series, KSU, OSU, Dallas Baptist and MVC tournament).

But it something worth watching and is possible metric on community support.

Comment

• I looked into 2009 attendance starting with the K St game on April 15th. Games also included KU, ORU, Ok St, Creighton, Indiana St, and Tabor along with 2 of the 4 MVC games that I found numbers for. The average attendance was 4,396 for those games. If the Shox get the same numbers for the remaining regular season games this year, the average to that point would be about 3,830. That would be about the same attendance as the previous year, yet this team would/should have a better record. We'll see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by lostshocker
                      you are an amusing person.
                      Thanks, I try.

Originally posted by lostshocker
                      the only time you show up to support the baseball team is to ***** about their poor play. you were virtually non-existent on this forum during a 6 game winning streak. you did make a nice appearance during some rough spots in the OSU game.
                      Why don't you try reading the place before you call me out. I've been here since DAY ONE. After the Oral Roberts debacles, I made a post stating that I needed to take a break from this team because it was extremely painful to follow. The team managed to go on a little win streak after I had already said that I was taking a break. And I've been here when they hit their fake little "warm period". So don't even go there, buddy.

Some people have no clue what being a fan is all about. To accept things that could put your program in jeopardy, is not being a good fan IMO. Being blind/ignorant/naive is not an excuse.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I wish this team had as much fire as this board does.

Comment

I wish this team had as much fire as this board does.
                          +1
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I have been as frustrated by this team's play as anyone. However, I am going to go out on a limb and predict a very strong finish from this group...40-16 regular season record is what I'm calling. And no, you can't have any of what I'm smoking.

We have exactly zero midweek road games remaining (thank god). Fifteen of the last twenty four are at home, and after this weekend, Creighton is the only "difficult" road foe left on the plate.

Obviously this weekend is pivotal for us. Taking at least two of three in Terre Haute sends us home with some momentum for a seven game home streak. Even the most vocal critics will agree that we are an infinitely better team at home than on the road.

I would love nothing more than to be proven right, just as I was more than happy to be proven wrong when Coach Marshall pulled the hoops team out of its malaise towards the end of the basketball season. I'm certainly no sunshine pumper on this board. However, I do believe we are in store for a very respectable finish to this season.

Blast away.

Comment

• I hope you are right.This team is far better at home.Bad part is that if we want to get to where we want to go,it will have to be done on the road.This team isn't mentaly tough enough to win on the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89
                                40-16 regular season record
                                If that happens, I'll personally buy wsumom a bouquet of roses.

Of course, I would give anything for you to be right, but lose 5 games the rest of the way? With our bullpen woes and inconsistency behind the plate and on defense, I don't see how it's humanly possible for us to lose just 5 more games.

If your prediction comes true, we'd still be on the at-large bubble IMO. I guess that assumes we don't add any key RPI games to the win column (KU, KSU, OSU?, ORU?, DBU)
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X