Johnny Hits A Bomb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree

I agree with that totally. I told Coach Marshall on the phone yesterday that I would never have taken a 2 sport athlete.

Comment

Thanks for the explo r20.

It is a crappy situation but I wish the best of luck to Johnny in the baseball season and am glad that he's still a Shocker one way or the other.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

rc20 - Thanks for taking the time to give your explaination of what happened. Unfortunately, when you have a player with a higher profile (transferring in from AZ, amount of press and fandom talk, being a two sport athlete) these type of things breed speculation when coaches have either not had the time to explain or may not let the fans know what happened at all. I'm just sorry to see that things did not work more smoothly. I'll miss not seeing Johnny on the court, but will definitely catch him on the diamond.

Comment

Coach Marshall

I just want everyone to know that I really like Coach Marshall. I just wish things worked out differently. When Johnny committed we were 0-8 in conference and heading in the toilet. Just got blown out at Missouri State. Things got much better fast and his need for Johnny probably decreased and that is why I believe he had a change of heart in many areas. He gets paid to win. I think everything will work out for the best. Johnny really likes Gene, but like anything else, if you produce you'll play if you don't you'll sit.

Comment

Thanks for the "rest of the story". It helps understand what really happened.instead of trying to read between the lines of what is being reported in the paper.

Comment

For all I care JC could knock up two creighten cheerleaders as long as he drops some bombs this spring :D

The shocks need a bombdropper so bad....or maybe i need them to have a bomb dropper....whatever

Hopefully 100 percent focus on baseball will get him where he needs to be this spring.

As for the one and done possibility. Who gives a crap! Good for the kid if he signs a fat contract in summer of 2010. Just means something positive happened for the shocks in spring of 2010.

Comment

Good move Johnny.

If you were a gifted player which would you want on your resume?

Baseball player at Wichita State

or

Basketball player at Wichita State.

Pretty obvious to me that Baseball is the more prestigious of the two on the national scale.
                Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt
                  Good move Johnny.

If you were a gifted player which would you want on your resume?

Baseball player at Wichita State

or

Basketball player at Wichita State.

Pretty obvious to me that Baseball is the more prestigious of the two on the national scale.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I think its important with all of the 'crap' going on that Johnny Coy knows we are VERY happy to have him at WSU and part of the athletics program REGARDLESS of what sport it is! I for one wish him the best and hope he has a long productive Shocker career and looks back on his days at WSU as a positive experience.

Comment

I want JOhnny but dont want anymore of his brother

Comment

Re: Coach Marshall

Originally posted by rc20
                        I just want everyone to know that I really like Coach Marshall. I just wish things worked out differently. When Johnny committed we were 0-8 in conference and heading in the toilet. Just got blown out at Missouri State. Things got much better fast and his need for Johnny probably decreased and that is why I believe he had a change of heart in many areas. He gets paid to win. I think everything will work out for the best. Johnny really likes Gene, but like anything else, if you produce you'll play if you don't you'll sit.
                        Thanks for your comments. I'm glad Johnny is a Shocker and hope he has a great season. I also am glad to have you visit SN and comment.
                        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Go Johnny and Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse
                            Go Johnny and Go Shocks!
                            :clap: :wsu_posters:

I can't wait for baseball season to start!

Comment

Working...
                            X