Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice Field

Haven't seen this posted yet: WSU Eclipses $1 Million Campaign Mark

WICHITA, Kan. ? Wichita State has eclipsed the $1 million mark for the $3.2 million Phase One of the "Building Excellence for the Student-Athlete" campaign, Wichita State University Director of Athletics Jim Schaus announced today.

Think it will be ready for use in the fall of 08? I was quite surprised that they raised this much this quick.

Good news, do we have enough to start phase one yet?

Comment

Re: Practice Field

Originally posted by KC Shox Grad
      Haven't seen this posted yet: WSU Eclipses $1 Million Campaign Mark

WICHITA, Kan. ? Wichita State has eclipsed the $1 million mark for the $3.2 million Phase One of the "Building Excellence for the Student-Athlete" campaign, Wichita State University Director of Athletics Jim Schaus announced today.

Think it will be ready for use in the fall of 08? I was quite surprised that they raised this much this quick.
      I was surprised that that was all they raised in the first 50 days. I'm sure this includes actual money contributed plus monies pledged to be paid over the next 3 years.

This money came from only about 50 donors for an average of about $20,000 per donor. So some of the bigger Shocker backers have stepped up. Is there a real big boy (or girl) waiting in the wings to give this project a big boost? I hope so.

Usually, your best results in a fund-raising campaign are your initial and early efforts. The more time passes the tougher it gets. That may or may not be the case here. Maybe I'm just too impatient.

We had more than 8,000 fans attending the Super-Regional games and so far only 50 or so have made contributions/pledges. I'm not sure if that is a cause for concern or a reason to be hopeful that many fans have yet to step up to the plate, but will. (I just sent my pledge in a couple of weeks ago).

On the bright side we probably have enough for the new artificial field turf.

We need another $2.2 million to add the Practice facility and then another $2.3 million for the stadium upgrades.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman
        Good news, do we have enough to start phase one yet?
        According to Gene's quote in the press release:

We have to secure the necessary resources before we are able to consider the opportunity to build anything.
        I'm not sure if this means they need to have the entire $3.2 million for Phase 1 raised/committed before starting. Phase 1 includes the Practice Facility and the new field turf.

Hard to tell how it is going for sure. May need a really big donor to give this project a big boost.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Any new news about the indoor practice facility????

Comment

Originally posted by shocky
            No news appears to be not good news. The money is probably only trickling in now.

Comment

I'm assuming all here have done their part (or at least those who have often bemoaned the lack of such a facility) ....Even if its a small amount in the big picture, regardless of how much, it all adds up.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                Originally posted by shocky
                No news appears to be not good news. The money is probably only trickling in now.

Maybe, or maybe not, but generally good news is not held back, so it does make you wonder if things have bogged down.

This would be very disappointing if we fail with this fund raising effort.

On the plus side, neither Gene nor Jim Schaus accept failure very easily and I think we will get this done.

Comment

Watch for an announcement this month on who nabbed the naming rights to the indoor practice facility.

Comment

Hmmm, could it be the Darren Dreifort Indoor Practice Facility?

Just a wild guess.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                      Hmmm, could it be the Darren Dreifort Indoor Practice Facility?

Just a wild guess.
                      And it has a great ring to it. Really rolls off the tongue.

We would then have the Chuck, the Eck and the Double D!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                        How about, The 'Fort? :lol:

Comment

I like the fort better

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                            Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                            How about, The 'Fort? :lol:
                            I like it! :good:

Comment

Even though I have already contributed/pledged to the New Practice Facility I did receive another fund raising letter today (although it is dated October 25, 2007) over Gene's signature.

I hope this is not as ominous as it sounds:

However, we are still short of our goals and additional funding must be secured soon if this dream can become a reality.
                              The Big One, Naming the Indoor Practice Facility, at $1,250,000 is still available.

Darren should be able to hand that without any problem I would think.

Hopefully, Shox32 is right and this has been sold. If so then we should be in pretty good shape.

Comment

Working...
                              X