• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump...any news?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman
      Bump...any news?
      JS was interviewed by BH at the half... there was too much chatter at my house to hear what was said about the project.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I think he said they had raised about 3 mil of the 7 they need. Said they need to get to about 4.5 mil before they start the first of the two phases.

Comment

I received a couple of fund-raising letters in mid-December from Jim Schaus (although I made my commitment a number of months ago).

The have raised $2.65 million to date. They need $4.5 million for Phase I (replacing the artificial turf and build the new indoor practice facility). They will need another $2.75 million for Phase II.

The money raised so far has come from 114 donors. Yes, that's right. We have 8,000 plus fans show up for post-season games and yet only 114 individuals and businesses have contributed to trying to maintain and grow our baseball program.

Hopefully, we at least get the new artificial turf, but at this point the new practice facility project seems to be stuck in nuetral as we are only within 60% of funding Phase 1.

Jim Schaus stressed in his letter that contributions of any size are needed and appreciated.

Again, only 114 donors so far? What's going on with that? Perhaps that is about all we can expect at WSU, but I would expect we are capable of attracting much broader support than that for a very good baseball program. I sure hope that proves to be the case going forward.

Comment

They announced the project in July, after baseball was over. I have a feeling that fundraising will pick up once baseball season gets going.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
              They announced the project in July, after baseball was over. I have a feeling that fundraising will pick up once baseball season gets going.
              Hopefully, that will prove to be the case.

Comment

....and last time some here thought their was a slight pause in the action, next thing you know an airplane maker gives a cool million plus. Thanks Bombardier and let's hope that snowballs to other gifts.

Let's all chip in at any level we can and make it happen....

Happy New Year.

Comment

Working...
                X