Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not too early to discuss next season is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Year

I agree with that lineup. How do you guys see the batting order looking? Here is how I see it:
    1st- Hall-LF
    2nd- Grimes- SS
    3rd- Jones- CF
    Cleanup- McKeever- 1B
    5th- Engrav or Bascue- DH
    6th- Caster- RF
    7th- Williams- 3B
    8th- Lassley or O'Brien- C
    9th- Sisney or Brown- 2B
    I think that Rosecrans will be in the mix somewhere in their as well.
    I know that there are a lot of unknowns in the lineup, but I still feel that we wil be very good next season. Our bullpen will be young, but deep, and I like Kelley, Maldonado, and Cooper as our weekend starters.

Comment

Matt Smith pitching for Ogden. Dodgers rookie league team.
      First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

I was not impressed with Sisney's defense this last year, and would think that 2nd base is up for grabs.

Comment

Our 09 schedule is out and sadly, no Wichita State. We do have an open date on April 28...

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog
            Our 09 schedule is out and sadly, no Wichita State. We do have an open date on April 28...
            Yours is out already? Wow..

Ours probably won't be out for another month or two... oh wait, that's basketball. Ya um, we'll have to get back to you around the first of the year on the April 28th offer..
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog
              Good, you wouldn't want to play us anyway, we won't be very good next season. Rebuilding is an understatement.

Comment

KC Shox,

Do you always have to play "devil's advocate" or "Chicken Little?" That can't be much fun. Come over to our side. :D
                Here, have some Kool-Aid. You'll like it, it's good...
                "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                  I was not impressed with Sisney's defense this last year, and would think that 2nd base is up for grabs.
                  i'm with you there. his offense wasn't too solid ethier. i expect someone else to take the starting spot there.
                  leaving sisney to be a backup.
                  veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Since I changed my signature to one of my all-time favorite quotes, it's time for me to put up or shut up. I first saw Sisney when he played in the Fall World Series. It's all kind of fuzzy now, but I remember that he impressed me enough to wonder why he didn't get to start. He had his shining moments during the season ( and not so shining), but I would venture to guess that he didn't play enough to really get in any sort of groove.
                    P.S. He is NOT related to me in any way, but is now one of my adopted sons. So there! :P
                    I TOLD you I was going to work on my attitude... :)
                    Now it's your turn.
                    "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

Lead Off: LF Kevin Hall

2 Hole: C Cody Lassley

Batting 3rd: CF Ryan Jones

Clean Up: DH Clint McKeever

5th: First base Chris O'Brien

6th: RF Mitch Caster

7th: SS Tyler Grimes

8th: Third base Josh Rosecrans

9th: Second base ?

Starting Pitcher: Tim Kelley

Opening day? Just a thought.
                      First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Im not sure Mike W has the range to play 2B.

Comment

How about Lassley at second Rosecrans catching and Williams at 3rd is that possible?

Comment

Williams only hit in the .240's for the broncos this summer and played juco div II last spring. I'm not ripping him at all but who is to say he will earn a starting spot?

Edit: I thought I had seen in the final jayhawk stats listed in sundays paper that he hit in the .240's. I apologize as I just checked the broncos website and it shows him hitting .263.

Comment

O'Brien looked solid at 3B for the Sluggers.I'd like to see him get a look there.Here's what ive come up with for what it's worth.
                              1.Lassley C (I like experience and wheels at the top)
                              2.Hall LF (May be called on to bunt a ton in 09)
                              3.Jones CF (check out the speed in the top 3)
                              4.Keeve DH (15 hrs 20 doubles)
                              5.Engrave 1B (i think hes the breakout hitter in 09 for WSU)
                              6.O'Brien 3B
                              7.Caster RF (love his arm)
                              8.Soss/Brown
                              9.Grimes (I think he will have better #s than DC did as a frosh)
                              Not an imposing lineup but not as feeble as some may think.I also think Cody Lassley will get a look at 2B in the fall if O'briens Knee is healthy enough to catch.If you think back just a few years to 05 when we only hit .289 as a team loaded with freshmen in the lineup,you may have a guage on how this team should be measured.Of course that team couldn't bunt and only hit 28 home runs.I dont think we will be that bad.That team also had Pelfrey and a sensational Frosh Banwart along with a couple of hammers in the pen.

Comment

Juco All American infielder joins shockers Will Beaz

Comment

Working...
                                X