Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not too early to discuss next season is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not too early to discuss next season is it?

Who are we starting:

1B - McKeever
    2B - Workman
    SS - Coleman
    3B - Muncrief?
    RF - Jones
    CF - Hall
    LF - Caster?
    C- Lassely

Friday starter - Kelley
    Saturday starter - Maldonado
    Sunday starter - ?
    4th - Huston
    5th - ?

Nebraska, OK State, and Arkansas were all "supposed" to be rebuilding this year but stepped up to make the postseason. Does anyone think we can do the same? Our lineup will certainly lack power, the speed will be there however.

Pitching will be the real questionmark. Will any of freshman come in and immediately make an impact like Pelfrey and KJ? I'm hoping or our 40+ wins streak is going to come to an end.

anybody got a list of our imcoming recruits, sorry i dont keep up with baseball recruiting like i do with basketball
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Closer: McKeever??
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Not sure workman is coming back but I could see it happening.I could see Watkins or Grimes at 2B.We will always lack power hitting into a north wind until May so ill take our speed anyday.Maldonado will be a stud and I think he will be our best starter.Go check him out in El Dorado this summer.I think Flemming could be our sunday guy following Kelly and Cameron.Don't forget Tyson Fugett got some valueable midweek experience in 07 and should be back in 09.I can't wait to track the fellas in summer ball.We will be alot better than most people think.

Comment

DH

Is Engrav the probable dh next season?

Comment

I think Engrav will get a shot.I think that kid is going to be a stud at the plate.

Comment

Anybody have a good guess as to the odds of Coleman coming back? I would think as late as he got drafted, plus the advantage of still having the underclassman leverage next year, that he would have to get an offer that is well above his draft position to leave. Anyone have any better insight?

Comment

does lassley have some game experience at catcher? i wouldnt be so much worried about kemnitz knowing the pitchers as how well the starting catcher knows them.

Comment

Bascue will be fighting for a spot in the outfield, but needs to take the bat off his shoulder to do so. I'm a big Bascue fan based on what he does when he makes contact, but needs to be less selective.

Comment

caster would be the RF... he has the best arm. i'd prob put jones in center and hall in left
                    Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Anyone who has seen pregame warmups knows that Caster does have the best arm of all the outfielders. Jones has a very good arm, but Mitch can reallly gun the ball to the plate. Jones should play center next spring.

Comment

I think some folks may be underestimating the incoming class. I think several of the new guys are gonna challenge for starting spots from the get go especially in the weekend rotation. I'm not going to bother to take guesses at what the lineup may look like next year or the 1-5 starting rotation may be until I watch fall ball. I think there is going to be some very very happy fans when they realize just how good some of these kids coming in really are.

Comment

If we get Cooper and Flynn in here I think our pitching will be just fine.

Here would be my guess at the lineup right now. I'm assuming that Workman signs.

1B- McKeever-Jr
                          2B- Watkins-Fr
                          SS- Coleman-Jr
                          3B- Grimes-Fr
                          RF- Jones-Jr
                          CF- Hall-So
                          LF- Caster-So
                          C- Lassley-Jr
                          DH- Engrav-So (Just a guess, I have no idea on this one)

Friday Starter- Kelley-So
                          Saturday Starter- Maldonado-Fr
                          Sunday Starter- Cooper-Fr
                          4th Starter- Flynn-Fr
                          5th Starter- Huston-Sr

Other contributing pitchers: Hoch, Fleming, Banwart, McKeever, Coleman, Muncrief

Comment

Just a hunch but because McKeever is valued as a relief pitcher so much, he might be utilized most of the time as the DH (just like the Reg and SR) and they may find someone else (Engrav or Muncrief maybe) to plug in at first base most of the time.

Comment

Shocks 771,

You left Justin Kemp off the list of pitchers. Is he not still on the team?
                              "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                              X