No announcement yet.

Florida State fans, please read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, well, there's a reason my FH has both Jordy Nelson and Michael Beasley jerseys...but no K-State baseball jerseys. ;)

He's an eastern Kansas boy, more concerned with the flint hills than with which neighbor has the latest John Deere contraption. (That said, my mom grew up on a farm in Alabama, so I can't really say much about that.)

Comment

I recall a recent NIT basketball game which went into double OT right here in Koch Arena.

It was WSU v. FSU. The crowd was absolutely unbelievable that night, as much into the game as I have ever, EVER experienced in many games I've witnessed at Koch Arena. WSU led for most of the game, FSU hit a miracle, off-balance trey to tie it and send it to the first OT. FSU went on to win the game....something like 91-88.

Neither team played like it was a meaningless, second-rate, first-round NIT post-season game.

With much more at stake, I hope to see WSU "return the favor" in front of FSU's crowd this weekend.

:wsu_posters: :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by NOLANoleGal

(That said, my mom grew up on a farm in Alabama, so I can't really say much about that.)
        Which part? I live in 'Bama..

Comment

Originally posted by rayc
          SB Shock:

I have to disagree. There is a cumulative effect and plenty of studies that talk about pitcher fatigue (visit baseball prospectus or Boyd's world and look up PAP).
          I looked up PAP as you suggested, interesting subject, and am still not totally clear on it. Let me ask a question or two:

If the same pitcher had started EVERY game this year, remained in until his pitch count hit 100 and was then removed, what would his PAP be?

Would that be considered pitcher abuse?

What would you estimate the team PAP to be, in that case?
          If there was a team that would start a pitcher every game, then they would probably come up with a new metric called BOP (Butcher of Pitchers).

The use of the PAP metric assumes a starting pitcher is being used in normal fashion and has no ability to evaluate quick turnarounds of pitchers.

Comment

Pickett was drafted by the New Orleans Hornets but was small for a two-guard and didn't have the skillset of a point, so he was cut pretty early on. He went overseas and has played a few different places. He is in the Italian League (at least contractually speaking).

I have a video clip of his double pump three against you guys if you want me to post it to bring back those memories.

Also, I think any FSU fan who knows college baseball respects WSU and what they have accomplished especially under Stephenson.

Comment

I have a video clip of his double pump three against you guys if you want me to post it to bring back those memories.
              Thanks, but no thanks animal. Once was enough. :cry:
              "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

I still have bad dreams about that shot... :-x
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

SB Shock:
                  If there was a team that would start a pitcher every game, then they would probably come up with a new metric called BOP (Butcher of Pitchers).
                  Agreed, however the PAP philosophy/metric would not consider this, nor pitching both ends of a double header, abuse.

The use of the PAP metric assumes a starting pitcher is being used in normal fashion and has no ability to evaluate quick turnarounds of pitchers.
                  Yet in the development of its current cubic formula, they make an argument that shorter turnaround times are more effective, although I’m sure that was not their intent.

I think PAP is a good topic for an off season discussion, but for now I’m enjoying this thread and its topic related discussions which PAP really is not. That said, my final comment on PAP until the off season is that, in and of itself, PAP is worthless as a metric. Its value has been to draw attention to the abuse that has occurred in many, many instances, and nothing more. Hopefully it is just a step in the development of a usable metric that can reliably identify abusive scenarios. All my humble opinion, of course.

GO SHOCKS, now go sweep those Native American COWBOYS!! Wait… they are ‘gator destroyers and ‘cane hunters not cowboys…my bad. Oh well, GO SHOCKS.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolefan23
                    Originally posted by NOLANoleGal

(That said, my mom grew up on a farm in Alabama, so I can't really say much about that.)
                    Which part? I live in 'Bama..
                    Eufaula.

Comment

Working...
                    X