Major League Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major League Draft

With the Major League Draft approaching on Thursday, is there anyone, besides the big lefty pitcher in OK (his name slips my mind), recruit wise that we might lose to the draft?

I dunno, but I hope Capra gets drafted and goes high so he can relax and start throwing like he is capable of doing instead of IMO, trying to impress the scouts and overthrowing.

Comment

Just about all of them depending on what round they require to go. Some will have higher expectations than others. Although I believe Lutz did an article about Grimes from North High and said he was locked into coming because his dad made the mistake in his day and regrets that decision. So I think Grimes is a lock but beyond that who knows. Several could go very very high... Sossamon, Cooper, and Flynn are the biggest prospects to my Knowledge to go very very high.

Comment

Something really needs to be done about having this draft while the season is still going on.

Imagine if the NBA did their draft after the first weekend of the tournament. Or if the NFL did their draft the day after Christmas.

It is just stupid. How can you expect a guy who just got drafted and is about to make stupid money focus? It just seems so goofy. Just wait a few weeks MLB. You already screw up college baseball enough as is.

Comment

kc, why the constant Capra remarks? Everyone knows he wasn't his best nor has he been, but he did leave the game with the lead while only having one pitch working. He is a bull-dog not to mention an All-American so for your own sake try believing in the big 3 not 2

Comment

from Baseball America, good news for you guys:

Teams who covet size and velocity love lefthander Brian Flynn, a 6-foot-8, 235-pounder who has touched 93 mph this spring. Flynn, who does everything righthanded except for pitching, threw in the mid-80s in 2007. He has won the last two state 6-A championship games for Owasso High. He's a long-term project who is raw in every phase of pitching, so clubs might let him develop for three years at Wichita State before making a big run at him.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog
              from Baseball America, good news for you guys:

Teams who covet size and velocity love lefthander Brian Flynn, a 6-foot-8, 235-pounder who has touched 93 mph this spring. Flynn, who does everything righthanded except for pitching, threw in the mid-80s in 2007. He has won the last two state 6-A championship games for Owasso High. He's a long-term project who is raw in every phase of pitching, so clubs might let him develop for three years at Wichita State before making a big run at him.
              We can hope!

Thanks, Charlie!

Comment

That would be splended :D
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Baseball america released their state by state reports today. Looks like a total of 5 shockers maybe 6 (including incoming frosh) could be drafted. Now it all comes down to where and $$ for some of these kids

It looks like Kozma made the right decision to skip college last year as he is tearing up the Midwest League.

Norris, the catcher from Goddard, is only hitting around .200 but has been on a tear lately. He is playing in the Gulf Coast league.

Comment

It's good to see them doing well.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

it would have been nice to have Kozma on this years team
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by lawmaker

Norris, the catcher from Goddard, is only hitting around .200 but has been on a tear lately. He is playing in the Gulf Coast league.

Dude, isn't the Gulf Coast League a Rookie League? Those haven't even started yet.

Comment

Originally posted by lawmaker
                          Baseball america released their state by state reports today. Looks like a total of 5 shockers maybe 6 (including incoming frosh) could be drafted. Now it all comes down to where and $$ for some of these kids

It looks like Kozma made the right decision to skip college last year as he is tearing up the Midwest League.

'Law, are you saying that the difference between 5 and 6 is one freshman or that the total is 5 or 6 and there is no breakdown and the total could be a combination of all of the classes. I am just curious, thanks.

Comment

Anyone have a copy of the article they can post?

Comment

Originally posted by wsualum
                              kc, why the constant Capra remarks? Everyone knows he wasn't his best nor has he been, but he did leave the game with the lead while only having one pitch working. He is a bull-dog not to mention an All-American so for your own sake try believing in the big 3 not 2
                              Can I not make an observation on his performance on this board. What are you his daddy? I'm a Capra fan - have been since he first stepped onto the campus - all I'm saying is that he's picked, so-to-speak, the wrong time of the year to slump. Especially when our bullpen sucks to high heaven.

In my opinion, he's got 'draftitis' and I can't fault him - he's just a kid who's on the verge of living his dream and getting paid. However, in terms of focusing on the team and what he contributes to it, not the draft, he's been average in his past 6 starts.

He's not an all-american this year and didn't pitch like one at OSU. Despite his bulldog performance as you call it, he still only went 6 innings, had 5 wild pitches and gave up 6 runs. Past 6 starts, 50+ baserunners allowed in 31 innings? Not very good. This is not Capra-esque.

Believe me, I'm one of the first to want Capra to get out of his funk, not only for himself, but for the team. We need him and he needs to do well to increase his draft stock. I got no ill-will toward the brotha'.

Comment

Working...
                              X