Shox versus Frogs - Part 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KC Shox
    Either way, I believe their Ace - Oliver, is throwing the 2 game. Regardless if it was Lyons or Oliver, they are both good and they both throw left handed so it is a good matchup against our lefty lineup. I'm hoping OSU gets really burned by WKU for not throwing their Ace.
    With the way things are going this year that is a real possibility. Although with the wind blowing out it could also get ugly. I would love to see OSU have to use their ace tomorrow in an elimination game.

Comment

• Wow.. what a fun time!

Easy trip too.. did it in about an hour 45.

Glad we upset the real No.2 seed TCU. Yay us taking the underdog role.

Bout time we got a couple of bombs in postseason play. I loveee it. We gotta keep doing it. I'm thrilled we got 8 runs out of this supposed 'all-everything' TCU pitching staff.. Good sign.

I hate when people try to eek out anything they can.. aka OSU using their No.2. I hope WKU turns it around in their faces and makes em pay!

I was lucky enough to sit by the TCU section today. Not too bad of fans, but one comment jumped out at me. When TCU homered right off the bat to take the 1-0 lead, one of them shouted.. "Yes, that's all we need."

Ya.. that's all you needed alright.

I smiled at the guy after the game. I like when other people look like idiots.

:posterwu: :posterwsu:

Wow.. it would be nice to win tomorrow..
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
        Wow.. what a fun time!

Bout time we got a couple of bombs in postseason play. I loveee it. We gotta keep doing it. I'm thrilled we got 8 runs out of this supposed 'all-everything' TCU pitching staff.. Good sign.

I hate when people try to eek out anything they can.. aka OSU using their No.2. I hope WKU turns it around in their faces and makes em pay!

I was lucky enough to sit by the TCU section today. Not too bad of fans, but one comment jumped out at me. When TCU homered right off the bat to take the 1-0 lead, one of them shouted.. "Yes, that's all we need."

Fever, if you live on the 'Westside' and you made it there in 1 hour and 45 minutes, how fast were you driving, 100mph?

Comment

• KC - layoff, Fever is an excellant driver! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
            Wow.. what a fun time!

Fever, if you live on the 'Westside' and you made it there in 1 hour and 45 minutes, how fast were you driving, 100mph?
            Literally I left at 10:15ish and exited Wichita at around 10:30.. got into Stillwater at 12:15.. So I guess technically it was two hours, but it seemed quick.. :good:
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89
              KC - layoff, Fever is an excellant driver! LOL
              If we woulda lost, it woulda been about 45 minutes quicker even.. :good: :clap:
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by beatmu
                :yes:

Congrats on the win, Shocks!
                Thanks man, are you going to root for your Big 12 brethren OSU should we face them or your in-state pal WSU?
                That's a tough one... my dad and several cousins are O-Staters, but I will be pulling for the hometown Wheatmeisters

:goshocks:
                At Ballard’s Sporting Goods in Aggieville, this season’s popular purple T-Shirt with the “Welcome to Huggieville” greeting had already been replaced with a newer line known as “Welcome to Traitorville.” “Welcome Back to Loserville” might be a more appropriate selection. - msnbc 4/7/07

Comment

• And what about the Miami-Mizzou game tomorrow? .. :lol:
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• On a list of good days, May 30, 2008 is going to rank pretty darned high.

Great day at Allie P. Reynolds. Fun game, fast paced, good guys win.

I hardly saw a mention but Shocker Nation was out in FULL FORCE today. I'd have to say well over 1000 WSU fans in attendance and it was GREAT.

Eskimoe Joes was over flowing with black and yellow after the game.

OSU should be ashamed of that stadium.

1)No way those distances are right. NO way at all. The softball stadium dimensions may be bigger.

2)Can anyone say (fill in the blank) upgrade? (Feel free to use, seat, scoreboard, logo, netting, ticket window, bullpen, dugouts etc etc).

3)Nice parking.

4)Thanks for not letting me bring in a water.

5)You're a Big12 program with superior history. How about diverting .0000001 of Boone Pickens football donation to the only program worth a damn?

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

• KC,

Not to bust your balls, but man look at today. You predicted doom and gloom and didn't even want to listen to the game as if you had any control of the outcome.

All you managed to do was not enjoy yet another great Shocker moment and one hell of an exciting and fun Shocker postseason win.

Someday this great run will come to an end and you are going to be one sad hombre for missing some of these great moments.

A wise man once said it's better to have lost at love than never to have loved at all.

ENJOY THE RIDE.....THE WINNERS BRACKET FINAL AWAITS!

COME EARLY

BE LOUD

WEAR YELLOW

GO SHOX!

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

• One down and a bunch more to go.
                        First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

• Top of the order 4 for 11 one sac bunt 3 RBI. Middle of the order 5 for 11 one sac fly and 4 RBI. BOTTOM of the order 3 for 11 1 RBI. I call that production up and down the order.
                          First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

• Saw these nice words about Conor and WSU baseball from the Texas Christian coach in the Stillwater newspaper:

The Shockers are led by senior Conor Gillaspie...

“That’s a guy who’s got a chance to be an All-Star in the Major Leagues,” Schlossnagle said. “We tried to really elevate our schedule (in 2008) so when we get in this situation, we’re not freaked out by playing one of the most storied programs in the history of our sport.

Comment

• Props to those of you who were able to make it to the game yesterday. Kennedy and his partner on the radio mentioned several times the impressive turnout of Shocker fans.

Although he mentioned it was a little warm to be in black.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Working...
                              X