Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alec Bohm has been on a tear in the month of July hitting at a .426 average, with 23 hits, 2 homers, 2 doubles, 1 hr and only 7 strikeouts.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
      Alec Bohm has been on a tear in the month of July hitting at a .426 average, with 23 hits, 2 homers, 2 doubles, 1 hr and only 7 strikeouts.
      Update for July: .434 / 23 hits / 2 doubles / 1 triple / 2 HR / 10 RBI / .623 SLG / 1.088 OPS from ESPN.

Comment

• He ends up the monthly of July .434, 33 hits, 4 doubles, 3 HR, 13 RBI, .632 slugging, 1.088 OPS

Now batting .299 for the reason. H was 4-5 yesterday with a double and a HR.

Comment

• Go Shockers - Ladwig Makes MLB Debut With Marlins

WICHITA, Kan. – Former Wichita State pitcher A.J. Ladwig made his Major League Baseball debut on Saturday night, becoming the 42nd former Shocker to reach the game's highest level.

The right-hander worked 3.1 innings out of the bullpen in Miami's 6-2 loss to Atlanta, allowing six hits and four runs. He did not issue a walk or record a strikeout.

Ladwig was called up as the Marlins 27th man for the second game of the doubleheader. He had been pitching at Double-A Pensacola, where he was 6-3 with a 4.43 ERA in 11 starts.

The native of Omaha, Nebraska joins Alec Bohm of the Philadelphia Phillies and Sam Hilliard of the Colorado Rockies as former Shockers active in the Majors. He is the first Wichita State player to make his MLB debut since Codi Heuer did so for the Chicago White Sox in 2020.
          Not the greatest debut, and it was only a temporary assignment, but it counts.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Comment

• Doesn't look like he's ever made it to the majors.

Comment

• I believe he was on the White Sox 40 man roster at one point but never played in an MLB game.

Comment

• As feudal lord over my most humble fiefdom, with serious prospects of becoming overlord as family nobility pass on, I have strong negative emotions due to the name Monarchs.
                  Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    As feudal lord over my most humble fiefdom, with serious prospects of becoming overlord as family nobility pass on, I have strong negative emotions due to the name Monarchs.
                    Why do you hate butterflies?
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Why do you hate butterflies?
                      They are but a nuisance, distracting my peasants from their toil. Two reasons to loathe the name "Monarchs". Now be a good lad and fetch me some crumpets.
                      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• What the **** are crumpets? Is that like a stale cracker?
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Not many folks in the seats in Philly.

Comment

• Comment

• Alec Bohm loves it in Philly now. Inside Alec Bohm's rehabbed rep in Philly (espn.com)

He hasn't had a great post-season so far, at least offensively, though he was 2-5 vs the Cardinals in the first round.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                                Alec Bohm loves it in Philly now. Inside Alec Bohm's rehabbed rep in Philly (espn.com)

He hasn't had a great post-season so far, at least offensively, though he was 2-5 vs the Cardinals in the first round.
                                Love Alec but hope his post-season slump lasts about 6 more games...

Comment

Working...
                                X