Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7-10 Bradley now.

Comment

Gee, so much for the new pitching coach coming in and cutting the team ERA in half. I knew that wasn't gonna happen. It was a good start, but now we're seeing the real Shockers.

Comment

Noah Croft with his 2nd home run a day, this one a 3 run shot with 2 outs in the 7th that ties that game at 10-all. Those are also his 1st two home runs of the year.

Noah seems to be starting to figure things out. His batting average is up to .321.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
          I wonder what @ShockerFever: would say if he were here right now...
          Don't you know I bet Uncle Mike would have gotten a kick out of the fight.
          SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
          gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

Reagan Biechler gives up a solo homer to Derek Bangert, his 2nd of the game, in the 8th inning to put Bradley up 11-10.

Shocks 3-up, 3-down in the 9th.

Final: Bradley 11 - Wichita State 10
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 15, 2017, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
              I know Bradley has an RPI of 84 but they really don't look good at all! I really think we should sweep this series, even on the road!
              The possibility of a sweep this weekend remains intact. Just not for the Shocks.

Comment

Dugas has now shown for 2 days in a row that he can hit something.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Good
                  Grief

Comment

Not to worry. Shocks will have it together by the tournament,
                    win it and exit the MVC on top.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      Dugas has now shown for 2 days in a row that he can hit something.
                      Dayton certainly had a couple of very hard hits both yesterday and today. Based on the hit he had yesterday I'm thinking Dayton might out to take his remaining 2 years of eligibility and see what he can do on the gridiron.

Comment

• We need more info on the shoving match. The player that shoved the assistant should be praying the volunteer assistant isn't hurt. Dude got his back thrown into the bench awkwardly.
                        What a joke of a team right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                          We need more info on the shoving match.
                          According to Sully's report we have heard all we are going to hear.

Mike and Shane talked about it on the first 4 minutes of the pre-game show today. They really had little to add because for one thing they weren't even aware of the incidents until after the game. HCTB also commented on it about 14:30 into the podcast but didn't really have much to say (HCTB had previously been ejected so he wasn't in the dugout).

Here is the link to the podcast if you care to listen but it won't tell you much.

It wasn't a volunteer assistant. It was a graduate manager, Zach Redding, who played with most of these guys last year. Hard to know what precipitated things but from what was available on ESPN3 Zach Redding "appeared" to be the instigator of the post-game shoving. But who knows. It's been dealt with. Quite frankly this team has bigger problems than a shoving match between players and a student manager. The shoving match can and has apparently been addressed. Now on to trying to fix this baseball program.

Comment

• 4-0 Shockers
                            Top 3rd

Comment

• A Boyer single to RF, Jenista Home Run to RC, Ritter single to RC, Alec Bohm single to CF, Wille Schwanke RBI ground out and Noah Croft RBI single to LF produces 4 runs for the Shocks in the Top of the 3rd.

Cody Tyler looking good so far but Shocks were in a similar (and somewhat better) situation yesterday and blew it.

Comment

• Shocks add to in the 4h to go up 6-0. Oh, oh!

With two outs Jordan Boyer walked. Greyson Jenista followed with a line drive down the RF line for a double. The throw to the plate was cutoff by Bradley and they got Jensita hung up between 2nd and 3rd. A bad throw by the 3rd basemen back towards 2nd went into RC allowing Jenista to score.

Shane described it as a little league home run.

Comment

Working...
                                X