Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baseball 2017 Edition - What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They can try to spin it anyway they want. And maybe Kemnitz isn't what he used to be. But at the end of the day:

-Kemnitz has 20+ years of experience producing nationally relevant to nationally elite results. On the field. In real life. Actual results.
    -Since his ability to recruit, teach, influence game-calling and schedule have been reduced, the once-proud WSU pitching program has fallen from nationally relevant to national bottom-dweller.
    -The head coach who seems to know better really has 10 years of jack crap producing anything but losing results.

Now, I'm no genius, but that's about the easiest equation I've ever looked at.

I will have a hard time hanging too much on Boatright if Butler isn't fired. He is an interim AD, and I'm guessing he doesn't have $1.2MM laying around much more than I do. I will certainly be disappointed. But it may not be his call to make at this point. Having said that, they simply have to get this done. This was year 3 and the team finished 6th in a decidedly down year for an already weak conference. The win percentage under the current regime seems to pretty closely reflect the amount of impact still remaining from the Stephenson era in each year. It's uncanny.

I changed my mind. Boatright very well may not have $1.2MM sitting around. But if he wants to be a successful AD, he better figure out where to find it. I have $20. It's a start.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
      Actually ANY OF THE ABOVE except A would work.
      This gets my vote as well.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
        Yep. Shocker. So HCTB is recruiting the pitchers and making the pitching changes and ASBW is calling the pitches but it's BK's fault the pitchers suck?
        Some people will throw anyone under the bus to try and save their job.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          Gene Smithson?
          I think barcl was unintentionally suggesting that Smithson could probably have produced better results the past three years than Butler has, and I don't know that I disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            Boatright very well may not have $1.2MM sitting around. But if he wants to be a successful AD, he better figure out where to find it. I have $20. It's a start.
            I've said before I would kick in $100. However, I calculate the buyout at $320k + $340k + $340k + $340k = $1,340,000. That is the remaining base salary over the final 4 years of Butler's contract.

Suellentrop specifically mention in his article that a program that has lost its swagger, its stature and its fan base. All will negatively impact recruiting going forward. Losing the fan base makes raising the money to buyout Butler problematic.

I realize the equation is essentially how much more will I spend over the next 4 years if I buyout Coach Butler. That essentially boils down to what I pay the replacement coach less (hopefully) whatever incremental revenues I can achieve over the next 4 years under a different regime. If we could get Kevin Hooper or Mark Standiford for a total of $800k over 4 years and generate incremental revenues of $100k a year (which theoretically should be very doable with either of those guys) the buyout is really costing you a total of $400k over those 4 years. Now whether or not I can find the funds for the buyout is the 1st step. I don't know if the buyout has to be paid as a lump sum or spread over the 4 years in the same manner as it would have been paid as salary if Butler was here.

If I was convinced it would cost me an extra $100k per year over the next 4 years to save Shocker baseball I would do that in a heartbeat.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 27, 2016, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Who are the 5 idiot trolls who voted A?

You need to make these polls public.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                Our idiot interim AD already said HCTB will be back next year. Can we fire him too?

Interim athletic director Darron Boatright backed Butler, who has four years remaining on a guaranteed contract, earlier this week, saying that Butler has his full support.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy
                If you call him an AD. Marshall is the AD.

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                You are the AD - what is your move?
                Any of us would make better AD's than what is already in place.

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I own one of them.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                    I'm glad they put this giant dumpster fire aboard a ship, took it out to see, and scuttled it.

Comment

I voted for A. But only because a 10 year extension was not an option.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                        I voted for A. But only because a 10 year extension was not an option.
                        I can see how a MSU fan would think Butler has things going in the right direction. Given that his team won the series and finished ahead of them this year.

Comment

I voted for E. Of course a pipe dream, but he would 'rattle some cages' and get things back on the right track quickly.

"Wedge has plenty of baseball and experience to offer the younger players, as he worked his way from Northrop High School to Wichita State University to nine years spent as a minor-league catcher and 39 games in the majors."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I'm one of the 'idiot trolls'.

Call me what you want, but I have faith that Shocker baseball will be improved next year with Butler, Kemnitz and crew. Simply kicking them out after 3 years (to me) isn't a fair assessment. In my humble opinion, Butler only truly has 2 years worth of recruits and those kids (to me) are doing well. You may argue that HCTB has 3 years worth of recruits, but (again, my opinion) the vast majority of those were actually recruits that originated and signed with Gene, were they not? Butler was handed the program in June '13 thus recruiting was pretty much over for the upcoming season wasn't it? You/we shouldn't assign those guys to Butlers classes, should we?? Just my two cents.

As you can see this is my first post as I don't want to muddy the waters with worthless dribble on this forum. I read threads here to simply try and get info on Shocker sports, but I wanted to defend my vote this morning. And also to defend being called an idiot for my opinion by someone who only seems to type negative comments about others (mainly Shocker admin and coaches). Dude, you gotta chill out! It's people like you that give sports fans a bad name. B*tch, b*tch, b*tch, that's all you're doing, man. Our team is young but we do have talent. We'll get there soon. Quit complaining about the admin, the coaches and the players; we're talking about 18,19, 20 year old kids here, not major leaguers (not yet, anyway :)) Again, I do have confidence that Butler and crew will get it rolling next season. If he/they don't, then I suppose that you may call me an idiot.......again.

Go Shocks!

Comment

Perfect.

Now we have Butler family members posting here.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Perfect.

Now we have Butler family members posting here.
                                big man hiding behind a keyboard

Comment

Working...
                                X