Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delightful.

Comment

And we lose to KU 3-9 falling to 13-24 on the season and moving our road record to 2-13...

Comment

Freakin' disgusting! KU has beat us 7 straight games now? I'm sick of this bull$hit!

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
          Freakin' disgusting! KU has beat us 7 straight games now? I'm sick of this bull$hit!
          But we've beat them 1 straight in basketball.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Is anyone really surprised? In order for the Shocks to Evansville the Bears and the rest of the MVC, the trend of losses while stealing a couple of "should lose" games, are in order.
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Ok, can we finally ALL agree that this past weekend was a fluke?

Man, Missouri State should feel embarrassed.
              I think we all agreed while it was happening. Missouri State should definitely feel embarrassed. So should Butler.

Comment

KU increased their season home run totals by 25% against the Shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                  Is anyone really surprised? In order for the Shocks to Evansville the Bears and the rest of the MVC, the trend of losses while stealing a couple of "should lose" games, are in order.
                  That may be the only reason to actually show up and play the mid-week games. I can't see anything else worthwhile that is coming from these games. When you practice being bad you only get better at being bad.

KU at 14-20 coming into the game is not exactly a fearsome group this year. The Shocks could not even make this game close.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 20, 2016, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Greyson Jenista

Butler ripped the boys for half an hour after the game. Jenista allowing the infield fly ball really added to the fire.

Comment

Did he rip an umpire for blowing the call on the KU runner stealing 2nd?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        KU increased their season home run totals by 25% against the Shocks.
                        Fun Fact: The Butler Era has never beaten a KU baseball squad...

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerVille View Post
                          Butler ripped the boys for half an hour after the game. Jenista allowing the infield fly ball really added to the fire.
                          Somebody needs to rip Butler for half an hour - after every game.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerVille View Post
                            And how much time has Jenista spent playing 1B this year. I know a fly is a fly, but one play didn't lose the game.

Who did he rip for having a runner thrown out at the plate when we were getting hit after hit off of the KU pitchers? Who did he rip for constantly bringing Hayes in to blow leads and leaving him in too long. John has either got his stuff or doesn't and all the fans can tell after two hitters so why does it take the coaching staff 8 hitters and 4 runs to figure it out?

My point is not to single out Hayes but to give examples of other mistakes that are made. Maybe you just used Jenista as an example, and I know you said ripped the boys (plural), but one player or one play is not the reason we lost.
                            Last edited by shockfan89_; April 20, 2016, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Is a coach really proud of "ripping" his team. HCTB needs to probably take a long look in the mirror. I bet at this point in the season most of the players have tuned him out and it goes in one ear and out the other.

Comment

Yes

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                                Did he rip an umpire for blowing the call on the KU runner stealing 2nd?
                                Sitting behind home plate it was obvious it was a foul ball. Sadly enough that runner came in to score later that inning. Butler screamed out of the dugout and objected the call, but the umpire did not recognize it.

Comment

Working...
                                X