No announcement yet.

Shox vs Cal Poly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching on ESPN 3. Absolutely embarrassing. Empty stadium on a sunny Saturday. Some of the worst AB's I have ever seen. No attacking mentality, swinging at breaking balls in the dirt and taking fastballs. More defensive swings than swinging with a purpose.

Just my 2 cents, but I also question the kids that Butler and staff are bringing in. Sure they are big, look good in a uniform and have a "presence" but there is more to it than that. When you have kids on roster that were not even born the last time we went to Omaha, those numbers on the fascia become less and less relevant. Hopefully we are looking to get some kids that have grown up in the program....kids that have been to games at Eck, gone to camps, grown up as FANS of WSU and the baseball program. These are kids that you can win with. Kids that are at WSU because they WANT to be there, not because it was the only D1 offer, or whatever else...but because they have WSU #1 on the list of schools they want to play for. I see a team with no heart, no fight, no energy or pride, but more disturbing...mentally weak. It's been a long time since we had a class that had the mentality of wanting to leave the program better than what they found it, and it shows.

Comment

Sad thing is Dugas,Jenista,and Bohm could have probably went anywhere they wanted to.Just look like they don't get it yet. I say that and Jenista hit one to the moon today.I see a lot of good potential just not getting coached well.Maybe Butler has the knack for recruiting but just not coaching.

Comment

Let me get this straight... you're team is struggling on the year, you have to be feeling the heat. Your team fights back and gets within 1..so you turn to a kid that has struggled to get outs all year. Bam...6-3. Now 7-3. When your team fights back, give them a chance. I dont understand the move to Hayes there.
        -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

Tink could tie or win it

Comment

7-6
            2outs, runners on 1st and 2nd

Comment

Walked.
              Loaded up for Sanagorsky

Comment

Grounded out to first.

Comment

Shox battled, but lose again

Comment

Originally posted by MizzouShockerFan View Post
                    Watching on ESPN 3. Absolutely embarrassing. Empty stadium on a sunny Saturday. Some of the worst AB's I have ever seen. No attacking mentality, swinging at breaking balls in the dirt and taking fastballs. More defensive swings than swinging with a purpose.

Just my 2 cents, but I also question the kids that Butler and staff are bringing in. Sure they are big, look good in a uniform and have a "presence" but there is more to it than that. When you have kids on roster that were not even born the last time we went to Omaha, those numbers on the fascia become less and less relevant. Hopefully we are looking to get some kids that have grown up in the program....kids that have been to games at Eck, gone to camps, grown up as FANS of WSU and the baseball program. These are kids that you can win with. Kids that are at WSU because they WANT to be there, not because it was the only D1 offer, or whatever else...but because they have WSU #1 on the list of schools they want to play for. I see a team with no heart, no fight, no energy or pride, but more disturbing...mentally weak. It's been a long time since we had a class that had the mentality of wanting to leave the program better than what they found it, and it shows.
                    your post is true and so sad...the local players we have lost these past couple of years, who had the heart and the pride for WSU, and their community, is doubly sad. I hope we can find a coach in the near future who has the Shocker passion and pride to bring back what we are missing in all aspects of the game...Size does NOT matter in the game of Baseball

Comment

Who would have ever thought that we would be 7 -16, with a 223 RPI and have the worst record of all MVC teams despite having the best facilities, fan support and highest salaried coaches. Are we even the best D1 program in the state?

Something has to change quickly. Today's recruits weren't even born the last time we went to the CWS, to them that is an eternity and has no cache'. The faster this program sinks to oblivion and irrelevancy, the longer and more impossible it's going to be to dig out of this hole.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                        Who would have ever thought that we would be 7 -16, with a 223 RPI and have the worst record of all MVC teams despite having the best facilities, fan support and highest salaried coaches. Are we even the best D1 program in the state?

Something has to change quickly. Today's recruits weren't even born the last time we went to the CWS, to them that is an eternity and has no cache'. The faster this program sinks to oblivion and irrelevancy, the longer and more impossible it's going to be to dig out of this hole.
                        Salaries we are paying to the wrong guy. In a way it's the equivalent of giving Mike Cohen 3G money.

Comment

Originally posted by MizzouShockerFan View Post
                          Watching on ESPN 3. Absolutely embarrassing. Empty stadium on a sunny Saturday.
                          Unfortunately there is only one really effective way for fans to convey their feelings about a program to the powers that be. Is our attendance now based on how many family and friends show up.

If that is the case then size does matter. The size of the players' families. So the new recruiting emphasis should be on local players with large families.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 26, 2016, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            Unfortunately there is only one really effective way for fans to convey their feelings about a program to the power that be. Is our attendance now based on how many family and friends show up.

If that is the case then size does matter. The size of the players' families. So the new recruiting emphasis should be on local players with large families.
                            well if TV is any indication, the message has been signed, sealed and delivered - only thing we don't know is if the message was received.

Comment

Predictable.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X