No announcement yet.

Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant help but feel this has become a personal vendetta by a couple of you. You can say it is just avoiding apathy. I disagree. And then you guys go after ADDB? Shows how out of touch you are.

I think it is more just hoping you can share your need to feel important by living on a message board. You guys are famous!! If he is fired, it will be the best day of your lives!

But what if he is retained? Are you really no longer going to support the program? No longer come to this forum rooting for the players to fail?

I can think of several positives that could result from this.

Comment

• Personal vendetta with 98% of evidence in support, sure.

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
          I cant help but feel this has become a personal vendetta by a couple of you. You can say it is just avoiding apathy. I disagree. And then you guys go after ADDB? Shows how out of touch you are.

I think it is more just hoping you can share your need to feel important by living on a message board. You guys are famous!! If he is fired, it will be the best day of your lives!

But what if he is retained? Are you really no longer going to support the program? No longer come to this forum rooting for the players to fail?

I can think of several positives that could result from this.
          He has had 5 years to accomplish something and he has accomplished literally nothing whatsoever. If Gregg Marshall leaves and we hire a new coach that finishes nearly last in the conference every year for 5 straight years this place would blow up. Yet in regards to baseball (the sport that put us on the map) some of you are totally fine with a trash team every year. It boggles my mind.

I haven't gone to watch a game in person since they fired Gene. So yes, since he has been retained another year I will continue to not go out to the Eck and watch in person.

Plus, you've posted over 6k times since 2007 and you are calling the rest of us lame for posting on a message board? Come on. That's over once per day yet you talk trash on us for "living on a message board". What a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post

He has had 5 years to accomplish something and he has accomplished literally nothing whatsoever. If Gregg Marshall leaves and we hire a new coach that finishes nearly last in the conference every year for 5 straight years this place would blow up. Yet in regards to baseball (the sport that put us on the map) some of you are totally fine with a trash team every year. It boggles my mind.

I haven't gone to watch a game in person since they fired Gene. So yes, since he has been retained another year I will continue to not go out to the Eck and watch in person.

Plus, you've posted over 6k times since 2007 and you are calling the rest of us lame for posting on a message board? Come on.
            1. Basketball and Baseball two different worlds when it comes to recruiting.
            2. Not totally fine, but we have finally turned the needle back upwards. Felt it was time for a change, but don't feel like we are headed off the cliff.
            3. That sucks. But respect your opinion.
            4. 6k vs 30k in same time. Not calling everyone lame. But for some, it is crazy that their online persona is the best part of their life. But good for them.

Comment

• Doc and DSB are right and everybody else is just wrong about everything. Period.

When the argument turns to post counts, I feel the argument was lost about a century ago.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

1. Basketball and Baseball two different worlds when it comes to recruiting.
                2. Not totally fine, but we have finally turned the needle back upwards. Felt it was time for a change, but don't feel like we are headed off the cliff.
                3. That sucks. But respect your opinion.
                4. 6k vs 30k in same time. Not calling everyone lame. But for some, it is crazy that their online persona is the best part of their life. But good for them.
                1) No it's not. If anything, the head coach is more important in baseball because you're stuck there for 3 years before you can go pro. Plus baseball players transfer the least out of any sport in the collegiate ranks, so recruits are looking at a coach they can be with for three years of their lives.

2) We haven't won anything for FIVE YEARS and we couldn't even get a 4 seed in a regional with two 1st rounders and another two all conference members. Plus we completely tanked in the conference. That's unacceptable. You can't wait until you've driven off the cliff to press on the brakes. That's silly.

3) Great!

4) 6k is a lot. Don't sell yourself short. I'd stop throwing stones in your glass house. But yes, there are some incredibly lame people on this message board who post almost constantly, especially on the basketball board. I agree.

Comment

• Downtown Shocker Brown
                  Downtown Shocker Brown commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You underestimate the impact of not having full scholarships, and the fact many go pro straight from HS. Also the number of not only College coaches recruiting, but pro scouts in the field. Very few fall between the cracks.

• This thread can live on for at least another year. And then, after year 6, why change now? Extension???

Comment

• New 5 year deal, incentive based 400k per year with raises for assistants. #ALLIN

#You'reWelcome

Comment

• shockfan89_
                    shockfan89_ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Please tell me you are joking Doc. That isn't even funny! Okay, maybe a little funny but come on man!

• C0|dB|00ded
                    C0|dB|00ded commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Doc is on a roll. He's rounding back into ValleyTalk form. Playing us all for fools.

T

...:cool:

• That's disappointing if he is being retained, I think baseball will take a serious step backward next year and make it that much harder to come back. It seems like all other sports are doing well but baseball is getting a pass for another year. My dad told me he got a phone call from women's bball head coach Adams (NOT a recording) and she was calling all season ticket holders from last year asking them to double their tickets to support the team, and that they would be worth watching. If she is that committed to getting people to support the bball team why does no one there seem to care if nobody comes to the baseball games?

I'll admit I was in favor of moving on from Gene and really hoped Butler would be sucessful, but 5 years is enough and I just don't see any hope for things to get better.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    I just can’t believe Boatright isn’t even gonna utter a word on the subject like it’s a nothing burger.

That’s a communication failure and a sign of weak leadership.

Or he just doesn’t give a **** about baseball.
                    PaddlingUpShitCreekInHisOwnBoatright couldn't have a press release on something completely indefensible. Imagine you are him; what would you say? Everything coming out of your mouth would sound ignorant making you appear derelict. This is all politics now baby. The Boatster splashed into his cushy job and by golly, he ain't plannin' on rockin' the boat now.

We are flying totally blind.

Butler is LoLing...

T

Comment

• Keep in mind, everyone doubted how Marshall would replace each class of Seniors that got better than the last.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                        ShockTalk commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Big difference. Marshall was a successful head coach before he got here and has continued to be a successful head coach here.

Doubting Marshall was without merit.

• Downtown Shocker Brown
                        Downtown Shocker Brown commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They werent doubting Marshall. They were doubting the players. We can doubt Butler, but still support the players.

• ShockTalk
                        ShockTalk commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Maybe it's just the way I read things, but you said "everyone doubted HOW MARSHALL would replace each class of Seniors". That's doubting his skill as a recruiter and possible as a coach and motivator. Doubting the players, unseen, as you say, would be doubting Marshall. I believe that is exactly what's going on right now with Butler, except we have a positive history with Marshall, both here and Winthrop.

There was doubt about Butler by posters/fans from the beginning due to his past head coaching venture. He has done little to counter that. In fact, given the apparent skill level of some of the players this year, one could say Butler possibly can recruit, but not coach or motivate.

This has nothing to do with the players of either program. The buck stops at the top. Doubting Butler, regardless of who he is bringing in next year, has merit.

I supported the basketball program every game with my butt in a seat throughout the 90's and supported the players. However, any unsuccessful coach was gone after 3 years, so I had faith that the athletic department was actively trying. With the type and length of contract Butler has has put me in a very uncomfortable spot as to how to support the players, but make it clear I do not support the direction or handling of the program.

• Comment

Keep in mind, everyone doubted how Marshall would replace each class of Seniors that got better than the last.
                        LoL!

You just compared Butler to Marshall.

T

Comment

• So no extension just a lame duck
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                          X