Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boss1786 View Post

Do you happen to have the same stats for the previous season? I would seriously like to see how they compare.
    I borrowed these numbers from a post by Cdizzle a little over a week ago. These are the 5 year numbers for HCTB.
    Record vs. 1-50 = 22-65 (.253)
    Record vs. 1-100 = 52-101 (.340) 51-100 = 30-36 (.454)

Record vs. 1-200 = 95-140 (.404) 101-200 = 43-39 (.524)
    Record vs. 201+ = 46-9 (.836)
    Overall Record = 141-149 (.486)

Cdizzle keyed in on the 1-200 winning % at .404. I keyed in on the winning % against the 101-200 RPI teams being slightly better than .500.
    Last edited by ShockTalk; May 31, 2018, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• shockfan89_
      shockfan89_ commented
      Editing a comment
      It's actually 141-149 overall (.486)

• ShockTalk
      ShockTalk commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks

• There's only one question to be asked in my mind: (athletic admin & coaching staff included) will next year be better than this year? About the same? Or worse than this year?

Comment

• shockfan89_
      shockfan89_ commented
      Editing a comment
      I would think almost everyone, if wagering their own money, would say that next year is expected to be a step backwards. I think some would guess a small step while others would guess a pretty sizable step.

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      The size of the step could possibly be impacted by the upcoming MLB draft. IMO Codi Heuer, Luke Ritter and Keylan Killgore all could potentially go. Not slam dunks to go but not impossible either. I have no idea about the draft prospects of the incoming recruiting class.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 1, 2018, 09:58 AM.

• OregonShocker
      OregonShocker commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that's too soft a question. The real question should be: How long until the program gets back to respectable, fan appreciated status? Then we can decide if the answer is acceptable. It's already been 5 years.

• Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
    They can't seriously be dumb enough to keep the guy another year, can they? Just kick the can down the road?
    AD Schaus would not kick the can down the road. (Sigh).
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• This thread has the potential to rival the Orukpe thread for sheer length of both the thread and the duration of the thread.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• ShockTalk
        ShockTalk commented
        Editing a comment
        Only if Butler gets an extension.

• SB Shock
        SB Shock commented
        Editing a comment
        Do we know that he hasn’t? It seems like they no longer have to release the contracts anymore into the public domain.

• Might be time for a "this thread" thread... :poster_eo:

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Live NCAA baseball scores, schedules and rankings for all divisions from opening day to the College World Series.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post

AD Schaus would not kick the can down the road. (Sigh).

Jim ****ing Schaus...

T

...:cool:

Comment

• I think you overestimate the ultimate influence and maybe the importance of yourself and most on Shockernet regarding the Athletic Department. There is a little bit of listening to determine the pulse of most Shocker fans to make the experience good, but truly important decisions are not part of our wheel house for the most part. If this problem was in basketball and average attendance had dropped 60-70 percent, we hadn't made it to the NCAA Tournament for many years, there would be a lot more talk going on throughout the entire WSU community in Wichita/nation wide, SASO, the Alumni Association, sports shows, etc. However, baseball is much less in the spotlight than basketball is. In either sport, if enough of the influential supporters (who still foot a lot of the bills and give funds) begin to speak out, action will most likely follow. However, while everyone would like baseball to break even or make a little money, it isn't the sport where WSU's bread is buttered on and then to their way of thinking, we won this year again and are presently building our winning ways back. Paying a coach 1 Million to buy him out, probably isn't a decision that most INFLUENTIAL supporters are passionate enough about to spend that kind of money. Without the pressing needs seen by the influential supporter, we will have to wait one more year imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
            Paying a coach 1 Million to buy him out, probably isn't a decision that most INFLUENTIAL supporters are passionate enough about to spend that kind of money.
            WSU could make a move on the order of what the new CKA lighting system cost to install last year.

I know which would help my eyes more.

Comment

• Shockm
              Shockm commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree it could be done but it is a matter of "will" and priorities.

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

WSU could make a move on the order of what the new CKA lighting system cost to install last year.

I know which would help my eyes more.
            If we would have lost big this year, or if you had several million dollars and went into see ADDB saying you want to spend your money on baseball but first HCTB has to go, I have a feeling ADDB's ears would perk up. But in the absence of a bad RPI and a losing record, to nickel and dime this delimma won't get anyone's attention imo.

We have too many other pressing needs (paying off the loan for joining the AAC for one) to take resources away from them for this.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
              C0|dB|00ded commented
              Editing a comment
              It's not our responsibility to make coaching changes, that's Boatright's gig. If we don't have the money, that's Boatright's gig. Our job is to respond to a good product by buying tickets and cheering. The only reason anybody is even talking about blackmail is because Boatright is not doing his gig...

T

• Shockm
              Shockm commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't take on the responsibility either. However, if you don't believe that Big Money talks, your kidding yourself. The head coach was fired and Scott Thompson was hired by Big Money Alumni (they actually went after Jim Valvano), and not by the AD. Gregg Marshall was kept as Head Coach when a meeting (30 or so) of boosters gathered at Devlin's Country Club, and they put together the money to keep him. There was probably some AD influence in the meeting, but I'm not sure he even attended. We contribute too, but don't have the influence necessary to move the AD to action.

• I just can’t believe Boatright isn’t even gonna utter a word on the subject like it’s a nothing burger.

That’s a communication failure and a sign of weak leadership.

Or he just doesn’t give a **** about baseball.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
              C0|dB|00ded commented
              Editing a comment
              He's busy sharpening his pencils...

Jim Schaus would have planned out Todd's firing months ago. Everything would have been in place with the hammer cocked. Monday at 1PM there would have been a press release; by 1:30PM Todd and Family would be calling their Realtor.

T

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            I just can’t believe Boatright isn’t even gonna utter a word on the subject like it’s a nothing burger.

That’s a communication failure and a sign of weak leadership.

Or he just doesn’t give a **** about baseball.
            I disagree completely with this take. The mistake was saying something last near, not remaining quiet this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

I disagree completely with this take. The mistake was saying something last near, not remaining quiet this year.
              And that’s why he shouldn’t even have said what he said last year. Which again is an AD failure.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Cdizzle
                Cdizzle commented
                Editing a comment
                This one, I agree with. Unless the AD is going to give a public Report Card on every WSU coach at the end of their season, he should probably refrain from giving any.

• “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                do-you-want-butter-with-that-giant-bags-of-popcorn-await-who-sells-big-bags-of-popcorn-l-cdfbce584dbe450d.jpg
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                X