Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here’s your chance to vote

Comment

• Some people need to hit that poll. 61% believe he should be retained.

Comment

• Simple for me - make a regional and he earns the final year of his contact. Any less and he should be gone.
        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
          Simple for me - make a regional and he earns the final year of his contact. Any less and he should be gone.
          He has two years left, not just one, unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            Some people need to hit that poll. 61% believe he should be retained.
            Sad panda. I've never come so close to joining the tweetersphere.

I may have to find what else is on the radio dial next spring.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
              Here is the discussion of this poll and Shocker baseball on The Drive this afternoon. The discussion begins about 5 minutes in but kind of got off track talking about draft picks and who was better Wade Boggs or Billy Williams.

The did give the poll results and ask for callers to call in but only had one guy (at about the 12:45 mark) named Jerry who was a definite No on HCTB who said a lot of fans had already voted with their dollars.

The twitter poll results at the time of the show:

Yes, no doubt - 14%

Leaning yes - 45%

Leaning no - 24%

No, no doubt -17%

Not sure how many votes that involved.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 14, 2018, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• Sam Axe
                Sam Axe commented
                Editing a comment
                So tell me, I haven't lived in Wichita for more than a year... does Jeff Lutz still spend half the show talking about the Cleveland Indians? And I don't mean even during baseball season, I mean during football and basketball seasons.

• A Twitter poll will be polluted with votes from our adversaries.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Sam Axe
                Sam Axe commented
                Editing a comment
                That's exactly how the John McCain became the presidential nominee for the GOP.

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
              A Twitter poll will be polluted with votes from our adversaries.

T

Yep, his twitter poll is utterly meaningless.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Here is the discussion of this poll and Shocker baseball on The Drive this afternoon. The discussion begins about 5 minutes in but kind of got off track talking about draft picks and who was better Wade Boggs or Billy Williams.

The did give the poll results and ask for callers to call in but only had one guy (at about the 12:45 mark) named Jerry who was a definite No on HCTB who said a lot of fans had already voted with their dollars.

The twitter poll results at the time of the show:

Yes, no doubt - 14%

Leaning yes - 45%

Leaning no - 24%

No, no doubt -17%

Not sure how many votes that involved.
                So here's the final tally.

...and it's laughable. Obvious tampering. Maybe tayloreldridge can direct Bob to reference the SN poll when he covers the topic.

T

Comment

• I think it's best long term for this program if we go winless in the conference tournament. I will never root against any WSU teams, but this has to stop.

Comment

• I don't derive any joy out of a man losing his job. I liked this hire when it happened. One of the top recruiting assistant coaches in the country. What could possibly go wrong?

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                      I don't derive any joy out of a man losing his job. I liked this hire when it happened. One of the top recruiting assistant coaches in the country. What could possibly go wrong?

T

How could you like the hire of a guy that couldn't even get it done at McNeese freaking State? This hire had mediocre (at best) written all over it. And then the hire was compounded after consecutive losing seasons when a dumbass buyout clause penned down by an absolutely in-over-his-head athletic director.

Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I hear Brad Hill is available
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

How could you like the hire of a guy that couldn't even get it done at McNeese freaking State? This hire had mediocre (at best) written all over it. And then the hire was compounded after consecutive losing seasons when a dumbass buyout clause penned down by an absolutely in-over-his-head athletic director.
                          I can't really say I took the McNeese State record into consideration at the time. Perhaps I was not fully informed on the issue as I hadn't been reading this forum for 5 years. All I went on was what I read in the Eagle.

T

Comment

• N Crestway
                            N Crestway commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Echoes of KU football and a KU AD way in over his head, except that KU football is in much worse shape than WSU baseball. Not a good feeling when you are a national laughing stock.

• I heard Brian McRae say he wants to coach in college as an assistant locally... He's been coaching summer ball for several years now.

Hooper as HC and B Mac as an assistant sounds pretty cool.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Play Angry
                            Play Angry commented
                            Editing a comment
                            McRae is a pretty huge KU guy IIRC (along with his dad). Hard pass.
                        Working...
                        X