UNO Mavs at Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNO Mavs at Shocks

The University of Nebraska Omaha is 5-3 in 2016 with wins over Eastern Michigan, New Jersey Tech, Saint Louis, Morehead State, and Arkansas State and losses to Eastern Michigan (2) and Morehead State.

The Mavericks are hitting .288 as a team with 11 doubles, 6 HRs, and are 12-13 stealing. They have drawn 27 walks and have struck out 63 times in 8 games.

The Mavs have a team ERA of 4.75 and have given up 95 hits in 72.0 IP. They have walked 28, have 8 HBP, and SO 54. The Mavs are fielding .957 and have committed 14 errors in 8 games. They have not played a home game yet this season.

Offensively the Mavs are led by Senior infielder Clayton Taylor who is hitting .423 with 11 hits, 2 doubles, 4 HRs, and 17 RBIs. Clayton has struck out twice in 26 at bats.

I haven’t seen who they plan to start but thus far they have used a four man rotation and Tyler Fox is due up. Tyler is a 6’2” 190 Senior RHP who is 1-1 pitching against Eastern Michigan and Saint Louis. Tyler has 10.1 IP, 14 H, 10 R, only 3 ER, 2 BB, 10 SO, 3 doubles, no triples or HR, 1 balk for an ERA of 2.53.

I would tell you how the team numbers compare to WSU but for some reason the athletic department has chosen not to include our 17 run beating at the hands of UNM anywhere in our stats. Can’t say I blame them, I have been trying to forget about that game for the past 4 days too.

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
    I would tell you how the team numbers compare to WSU but for some reason the athletic department has chosen not to include our 17 run beating at the hands of UNM anywhere in our stats. Can’t say I blame them, I have been trying to forget about that game for the past 4 days too.
    Wow. That's just plain dishonest. Maybe an email campaign: "Maybe you have forgotten 2/26/2016 / 7-17 loss. We haven't. Update your stats."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      Wow. That's just plain dishonest. Maybe an email campaign: "Maybe you have forgotten 2/26/2016 / 7-17 loss. We haven't. Update your stats."
      Done. Don't know if I sent it to the right person, Scott Gurss, Director of Baseball Operations (sgurss@GoShockers:.com).

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
        I would assume it was an oversight more than anything but if your job is to update stats, how do you just miss a game? And wouldn't you realize our record is 2-5 but our stats say 2-4 on everything?

Comment

You guys were on the road so I'm guessing that whoever updates stats didn't have a chance to do it Sunday before flying back to Wichita and hasn't gotten around to it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog View Post
            You guys were on the road so I'm guessing that whoever updates stats didn't have a chance to do it Sunday before flying back to Wichita and hasn't gotten around to it yet.
            While there is probably some truth to that, the problem is that the games on Saturday and Sunday are listed but the Friday game is not. If those games' stats are shown, there shouldn't be a reason that Friday's game is not included.
            78-65

Comment

The stat guy erased 1 game from memory, I wish I could erase the rest of them from my memory.

Comment

I would assume it was an oversight more than anything but if your job is to update stats, how do you just miss a game? And wouldn't you realize our record is 2-5 but our stats say 2-4 on everything?
                Oh, I totally figure it was an oversight. I just don't think we should pass up any opportunity to let the baseball program and WSU know we're watching and getting very concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                  While there is probably some truth to that, the problem is that the games on Saturday and Sunday are listed but the Friday game is not. If those games' stats are shown, there shouldn't be a reason that Friday's game is not included.

Ohhh. I thought it was the Sunday game not included. My mistake.

Comment

Yeah, initially I thought they had not posted the final game of the UNM series but it was actually the Friday 17-7 loss on Friday that was missing. Maybe Brent ordered them not to post that game because it pretty much blows up already only so-so pitching stats. OTOH, the Shocks had 17 hits and only struck out 7 times in the game. The 17 hits tied the season high set in Game 2 of the UNC series and was only 1 off the season low in strike outs of 6 in the 2nd game of the UNM series.

It would be nice to be able to say we've got this one, but I am not sure we have an opponent on the schedule this year where we can say that. Who in the hell as any idea what we will see from the Shocks today?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Who in the hell as any idea what we will see from the Shocks today?
                      I have an idea. But I should probably refrain from posting it in an effort to remain as positive and supportive as possible at this time.

Comment

Not much of a pre-game write up on goShockers.com

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

I was surprised to see the UNO leads the series with the Shocks 7-2. Can that be right?

I wonder who will get the start on the mound for the Shocks? Is it time to give Taylor Sanagorski a shot behind the plate?

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          I have an idea. But I should probably refrain from posting it in an effort to remain as positive and supportive as possible at this time.

Not an easy task.

Comment

Zach Lewis getting his 1st start as a Shocker today and Taylor Sanagorski is getting a start behind the plate.

Comment

And why wasn't this game pushed back to tomorrow when the forecast is 71?

Comment

Working...
                              X