Keep the Faith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tru2thaduce View Post
    With Schwanke and Tewes this team would be dangerous right now.Im not going to be quick to judge based on this season.Tough circumstances for any coach.
    At least on the weekends. Not so sure the pitching depth is there to carry us through mid-week games even if those two were available.

At least Chase Rader is expected to make a relatively quick recovery and may be back in the lineup this weekend.

Comment

Not to mention starting SS out as well.The bullpen has been awful at the games I've seen(every home game).There doesn't seem to be a quick fix for this but next year Bargfelt and Jones will have loads of experience to draw on.Im leaning on the optimistic side,just not this season.

Comment

Injuries used to be how this program found freshman all-Americans.

Comment

Have we ever finished a season below .500?

Comment

Originally posted by mr_baseball View Post
            Have we ever finished a season below .500?
            Last time was in 1970, before Gene.
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Just no depth to survive the rash of injuries. I still think this team could win the Valley tourney... but it's obvious that 'next year' is going to be the year Butler HAS to show he can take this team to the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by kstarheel View Post
                Just no depth to survive the rash of injuries. I still think this team could win the Valley tourney... but it's obvious that 'next year' is going to be the year Butler HAS to show he can take this team to the next level.
                You have to have a lot of pitching to win any baseball tourney.

The Shox do not have any pitching.

Comment

The Shox do not have enough coaching, pitching, batting or fielding ability to win games. I have seen no reason to expect better next year. I hope for better but I have big doubts.
                  As a longtime season ticket buyer I will not be renewing my season tickets especially since I paid full price this year and then they sold season tickets for $25 and $35 a seat. That still chaps my a$$.

Comment

Originally posted by engrshock View Post
                    The Shox do not have enough coaching, pitching, batting or fielding ability to win games. I have seen no reason to expect better next year. I hope for better but I have big doubts.
                    As a longtime season ticket buyer I will not be renewing my season tickets especially since I paid full price this year and then they sold season tickets for $25 and $35 a seat. That still chaps my a$$.
                    I was wondering this too. I saw all of these great deals on goshockers.com so what is our incentive to renew our season tickets when we know they will run these specials again next year (and maybe even better ones)? Why don't we all just wait until the specials come out? To me this seems like a bad idea if they are trying to promote season ticket sales!

Comment

Sorry @engrshock:; just a ‘little dab’ will do... :)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

30 was the cheapest they did. Those are yellow seats. When I got them they said it was for new season ticket holders only. I'm guessing it will be full price to renew. They have to hook you somehow. Especially when you finish the season sub .500.

Comment

I went to my first game of the season this past Saturday. The atmosphere at the Eck was the worst that I have ever seen in my life. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_baseball View Post
                            30 was the cheapest they did. Those are yellow seats. When I got them they said it was for new season ticket holders only. I'm guessing it will be full price to renew. They have to hook you somehow. Especially when you finish the season sub .500.
                            Nope, $25 was the cheapest, but you could only get them at that price if you got a minimum of either 8 or 10 tickets in a bunch (don't recall if it was specifically 8 or 10). It was the first day's deal that week when they had a new deal every day.

Comment

Originally posted by WICK View Post
                              I went to my first game of the season this past Saturday. The atmosphere at the Eck was the worst that I have ever seen in my life. Sad.
                              Sucks to hear. I used to go to the games a ton when I was a student. I actually got season tics this year in one of those stupid cheap/desperate deals they had, and I haven't used them a single time yet due to the depressing reality of this season.

Comment

While the pitching isn't as good as we're used to, if you look at our pitching stats vs. opponents, it's virtually even, and that's with 27 more walks issued by Shocker hurlers.

It's the offense that is lagging behind opponents:

WSU - .270/.358/.375
                                OPP - .278/.373/.385

If an MLB team loses their top two starters early in the season, for the season, and replaces them with #5-level starters, they are toast unless they have the Tigers' lineup. I can't help but believe we would be around .500 and leading the Valley right now without those injuries.

This team has two seniors. I don't know if any of our juniors are draft-worthy in the top 15 rounds, perhaps Tinkham. There's no reason to think we won't be markedly better next year. If Butler can bring in another couple of contributing freshmen next year, and the year after, then the ball should be rolling in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
                                X