Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockerball05
    Originally posted by SB Shock
    Nice comeback win for the shox. Nice to see the hitters bailing out the pitchers.

Ryan Jones 3 for 5
    Conor G. 2 for 4
    Josh W. 2 for 4
    Tyler H. 2 for 4

Also good to see that Khol Nanney had a good bounce back with 2 shutout innings. Now lets hope that Capra heals quickly and is ready for this weekend.

Any word on how Capra is healing and when he will be back?

I don't know when he'll be back, but he threw for awhile in the pen during today's game and looked pretty good. Granted, it was just throwing in the pen, but he looked like he was feeling pretty good.
    www.myspace.com/clarensau
    it's what i do

Comment

Nice comeback.

A win is better than a loss, right?

We need to sweep this weekend.

Our pitching = :roll: thus far..
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Yes our pitching needs improvement and it will. It always will.

However we gave up two double plays that would have saved us 4 runs. (Ok so one was blown by the pitcher but that doesn't count as pitching issues.) Who knows how that would have changed this game.

As always, I would rather these guys get their WPs etc out of the way with the dolphins so they are ready to go against the mvc.

Comment

This is the kind of win that can really get the team going, especially on offense. The pitching does need to get better, and as stated it will. We really need Capra back and we need some people to step up and prove themselves for the midweek games. A win is a win to me, don't care if it is by 1 or by 10 it counts the same and them coming back twice the way they did is a good sign for the offense, we should however win about everytime we score 9 runs and should when we score more than 5.
          THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

I'd be more concerned early in the season if we were losing 2-1, 3-2 games. Capra will be here soon enough, an unknown arm will reveal itself and Brent will once again field a top 10 pitching unit.

Comment

Hopefully we see Cappy out on Sunday. However, I wouldn't be suprised if we don't see him to give him a little more rest. Harvard is a team we should handle very easily even without Cappy. But, on the flip side, Harvard would be a good tune up game for him to knock some rust off as well.

Comment

I agree. maybe capra can get 3 innings of work in against Harvard on Sunday, then let our rested (hopefully) bullpen take it from there.

Comment

So far pitchers out of the bull pen that I feel good about are Fleming, Nanney. I feel Iffy about Hoch, Muncrief, Smith, Womack, McKeever. Are Kemp, and Caster going to get a chance to pitch this year? I had not heard that Fugett was hurt to bad I thought he might be in the mix to start mid week games, and Maldonado looked real good last fall hope he gets healthy and gets a chance to pitch this year.
                  First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Neither Fugett nor Maldenado make the trip to Long Beach.

Capra threw a bullpen on Sunday. I expect he'll throw some in relief this weekend.

Don't judge our pitchers by last weekend. For now I'll just say it was a tough weekend for our pitchers and leave it at that.

Comment

LeMoyne Beat KSU 8-3

Comment

Working...
                      X