No announcement yet.

Apparel-Gate Final Resolution - Thursday Jan 29th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we still get to play in the Valley Tourney (that we are hosting)?

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
      If it stands, Gene will fall into third place on the all-time DI list behind Mike Martin.
      Still in some pretty damn good company between Garrido and Martin.

Comment

What a bunch of bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          Rank the following in order of disdain:

IRS
          Prius Drivers
          Congress
          NCAA
          CreightonFan

Damn... toughie.

Even worse if you try to rank them by order of hypocrisy.
          I laughed pretty hard.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Shocker baseball players improperly received discounts on non-baseball merchandise and must vacate wins.

Memphis' Derrick Rose cheated on his SAT in high school and the school had to vacate wins.

North Carolina created a fake class for its athletes to get A's and B's. Penn State essentially allowed a long time football coach to use its facilities to rape victims. Both schools get to keep their wins.

Sounds pretty fair to me.
            ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
            www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
              The NCAA is so mad at UNC for its phony classes issue it decided to vacate 70+ wins. Against Wichita State baseball, because UNC obviously stands for UNder armour Cheaters.
              How can they justify taking these wins after they give them back to Penn State?

I guess a coach ass raping a few players is not nearly as bad a getting a discount on some cheap clothing made in China.
              An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                How can they justify taking these wins after they give them back to Penn State?
                I guess they have to find some wins to offset what they gave back to Paterno State to balance the scales of justice.

Comment

So Gene and the program has to vacate up to 74 wins because the players got a few shirts at a discount from UA?

Yea, that punishment fits the crime.............

I'd say the chances of that part of the punishment getting erased is about 99%. This is just the NCAA trying to show what little muscle it has left.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                    Unless the NCAA vacates the last 20 years of UNC basketball wins, there is no basis for this decision and even then the lack of competitive advantage difference between the two situations means that if only one of the two programs should vacate wins, it ought to be UNC.
                    Bingo. My thoughts exactly. Heck, even if we win our appeal, i expect to see the initial punishment for UNC basketball and football to be about 20 vacated seasons.
                    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                      Bingo. My thoughts exactly. Heck, even if we win our appeal, i expect to see the initial punishment for UNC basketball and football to be about 20 vacated seasons.
                      They should nuke their entire Athletic Department off the face of the Earth.
                      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Wichita State decides it will not appeal decision by NCAA to vacate its wins from 2012 and 2013.

Wichita State President John Bardo released tonight the following statement on the baseball infractions appeal.

Disappointing but it is what it is.

Comment

I'm very disappointed that they aren't appealing. That punishes so many players and coaches that did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                            I'm very disappointed that they aren't appealing. That punishes so many players and coaches that did nothing wrong.
                            Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            Wichita State decides it will not appeal decision by NCAA to vacate its wins from 2012 and 2013.

Wichita State President John Bardo released tonight the following statement on the baseball infractions appeal.

Disappointing but it is what it is.
                            A bad decision by our school, IMHO. Gene and his team deserves better representation than that.

Edit: Even if you think you will lose, this is one you fight.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              A bad decision by our school, IMHO. Gene and his team deserves better representation than that.

Edit: Even if you think you will lose, this is one you fight.
                              Very surprising change of position. WSU seemed committed to appealing until just very recently. Plus you would think if Penn State could get their wins re-instated that the Shocks had a great shot at getting those wins re-instated. Even if they lose the appeal what have you lost?

Essentially, the bottom line is that Dr. Bardo stated he "decided that it is not in the best interest of the University to proceed with such an appeal."

To me the question is why and in what way is it not in the best interest of the University? Did something happen behind the scenes in recent days that caused this change of heart? Obviously, the relationship between Gene and WSU is icy at best. Seems like this will only make that ice a little bit thicker. I have to believe there is more to this than that they just decided that the committee acted within their authority. Some thing happened or someone got to Dr. Bardo and influenced his decision. I don't know what went on and probably will never know.

Notice that Dr. Bardo never said in his statement that he did not think they could win an appeal. He only said that the committee acted within their authority so I guess you could not appeal on the basis that the committee exceeded their authority. Not sure if that is the only basis of appeal or not. I doubt it.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 18, 2015, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Complete bullshit.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X