Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have time on my hands since the ball games suck so bad now

Comment

Casey has a lead off double. If they can't bring him home I am not going to another game this year.

Comment

It would be worth going to Eck just to see Casey play. The guy is going in the first round.

Comment

Nice job by Aaron LaBrie today. That could be useful in the Valley Touranment if Aaron is back on his game.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Nice job by Aaron LaBrie today. That could be useful in the Valley Touranment if Aaron is back on his game.
            http://giffer.co/g/CHLHwzw3

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
              During the commercial breaks, Kennedy sounds extremely frustrated on Shockervision.
              "I'd like to stangle the guy"
              "I'm so sick of this"

Did any of you "Gene Haters" really figure we'd be worse this year? Did you really? I doubt it. I sure didn't and I didn't even want Gene to go this year.
              Frustrated.
              Actually the team really isn't worse, it is just the same. Only difference is it went on 8-1 run at the end to get into the NCAA tournament in a dismal effort in 2013. This year they are 26-26 with 58 SOS, last year team was 30-25 with SOS of 125. As it has been pointed out ad naseum, WSU is the same team as last year except with less talent. Only impact player brough in was Tewes and he is because of Butler.

From the rumbles I have heard, Butler has fought an attitude of this is not how Gene did it and didn't buy into Butler philosophy. I expect that to change next year as we there will churn.

Comment

During the commercial breaks, Kennedy sounds extremely frustrated on Shockervision.
                "I'd like to stangle the guy"
                "I'm so sick of this"

Did any of you "Gene Haters" really figure we'd be worse this year? Did you really? I doubt it. I sure didn't and I didn't even want Gene to go this year.
                Frustrated.
                I don't know where you get this "Gene Haters" crap from. Gene was loved by most but it was time for him to go. I know you dislike Eric Sexton but he did what he is paid to do. Make a change if a change is warranted. Gene was a Shocker Baseball and Gene guy first all the way and only cared about the other athletics as far as they affected him. I expected them to actually be worse than they are this year because I really didn't expect the players left over to really buy into the new coach and his methods. Give it two more years and if it still looks like the same product then its HCTB problem.

Comment

Players, who can hit base hits, will solve a lot of problems and reduce debate about Coach Stephenson and Coach Butler.

While I am a Coach Hooper man, surely we can give Coach Butler more than one season, before we hang him high.
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    I don't know where you get this "Gene Haters" crap from. Gene was loved by most but it was time for him to go. I know you dislike Eric Sexton but he did what he is paid to do. Make a change if a change is warranted. Gene was a Shocker Baseball and Gene guy first all the way and only cared about the other athletics as far as they affected him. I expected them to actually be worse than they are this year because I really didn't expect the players left over to really buy into the new coach and his methods. Give it two more years and if it still looks like the same product then its HCTB problem.
                    Fair enough. 2 years. I hope it works out.
                    Because as of today, the preseason #1 team could end up #4 and under .500. You can't blame this year ALL on Gene.

Comment

Because as of today, the preseason #1 team could end up #4 and under .500.
                      That is more about the 15th ranked conference improved and is now the #6 ranked conference in 2014. Some of that is the help of DBU joining the league, but also Evansville and ISUB all improved while ISUR didn't drop off.

You can't blame this year ALL on Gene.
                      Sure you can, and I do. Gene is the one who left the program in the state where it was at. Still doesn't mean that Butler doesn't have to wear the wins and losses from this season, but he had to play with the hand dealt him.

Comment

No, 2 years is not fair enough IMHO and I'm not sure that is what is being suggested. HCTB will have maybe 3 core players (Tewes, Kihle and perhaps a good defense/poor offense Baker) leftover to build around with his 1st recruiting class (which he got a late start on coming in) next year. So basically he is starting from scratch next year and, accordingly, I expect next year to be as bad or worse than this year I think it is pretty clear he will need at least 2 more recruiting classes on top of that before we will be able to make an intelligent assessment of whether HCTB is the right man. By the 2017 season he will have 3 recruiting classes under his belt with his 1st class being Juniors.

Comment

Because as of today, the preseason #1 team could end up #4 and under .500. You can't blame this year ALL on Gene.
                          I'm curious, were you calling for Marshall's job after going 17-17 (5th in mvc) in his second year with a second round cbe loss that we really only got an invite to because we were playing in their preseason tourney?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxtop View Post
                            I'm curious, were you calling for Marshall's job after going 17-17 (5th in mvc) in his second year with a second round cbe loss that we really only got an invite to because we were playing in their preseason tourney?
                            No. Marshall started from scratch. Butler had the preseason #1 ranked conference team and part of the coaching staff returning. Additionally, I liked Marshall's passion and his head coaching record. He was a proven winner.
                            For the sake of the program, I want Butler to succeed. However, this start has been an absolute disaster and worse than I anticipated. Let's hope he salvages the season in the MoVal tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              No, 2 years is not fair enough IMHO and I'm not sure that is what is being suggested. HCTB will have maybe 3 core players (Tewes, Kihle and perhaps a good defense/poor offense Baker) leftover to build around with his 1st recruiting class (which he got a late start on coming in) next year. So basically he is starting from scratch next year and, accordingly, I expect next year to be as bad or worse than this year I think it is pretty clear he will need at least 2 more recruiting classes on top of that before we will be able to make an intelligent assessment of whether HCTB is the right man. By the 2017 season he will have 3 recruiting classes under his belt with his 1st class being Juniors.
                              I believe 2 years is what Pogo suggested. Hell, even Gene started stronger and he started from nothing. Why give Butler such a pass?

Comment

this start has been an absolute disaster and worse than I anticipated.
                                well, look at this way - had Gene been here this year would have been an abomination, and at least Butler gets a chance to start digging this program out of the crapper that Gene put it in a year earlier.

Comment

Working...
                                X