Gm 34 - at Evansville (2 of 3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gm 34 - at Evansville (2 of 3)

Shockers (16-17) have lost 7 in row and 10 of their last 12. Struck out 16 times in game 1. Can't get any worse - so tomorrow should be a good day - relatively speaking of course. I think the only question left to be answer is the legacy of this team to be the first Gene Stephenson team to finish below 0.500 for a season?

I somewhat expected to lose yesterday. A good streak is about to happen and it's going to begin with a run rule.
    Go Shox!

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      Shockers (16-17) have lost 7 in row and 10 of their last 12. Struck out 16 times in game 1. Can't get any worse - so tomorrow should be a good day - relatively speaking of course. I think the only question left to be answer is the legacy of this team to be the first Gene Stephenson team to finish below 0.500 for a season?
      Despite this team consisting of mostly players recruited by Gene this teams performance will not be attributed to Gene. Granted HCTB may have been dealt a bad hand in terms of what he inherited in terms of talent and suspensions, but fair or not he gets to wear this one, although there is a certain amount of tarnish that will attach to Gene's legacy. The rash of injuries we've had just adds another element of frustration.

Every one knew that outside of Casey G. we were a pretty weak offensive team but I don't thing anyone foresaw the total implosion with RISP that we have been witness to this year.

Probably weren't going to beat Freeland in any case. Howeve, time for the team to show some competive toughness and get after it these next two games.

Go Shocks! Time is of the essence.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 12, 2014, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Despite this team consisting of mostly players recruited by Gene this teams performance will not be attributed to Gene. Granted HCTB may have been dealt a bad hand in terms of what he inherited in terms of talent and suspensions, but fair or not he gets to wear this one, although there is a certain amount of tarnish that will attach to Gene's legacy. The rash of injuries we've had just adds another element of frustration.

Every one new that outside of Casey G. we were a pretty weak offensive team but I don't thing anyone foresaw the total implosion with RISP that we have witness to this year.

Probably weren't going to beat Freelander in any case. Howeve, time for the team to show some competive toughness and get after it these next two games.

Go Shocks! Time is of the essence.
        With those returning, I believe everyone expected the Shockers to be better this year than last. The terrible performance with risp gives me a little hope that the team is in a bad funk with bad luck, but I'll wait until the end of the season before I roast any of the current coaching staff. I wanted Gene to stay, but the program is bigger than any one person, so I will support Butler. But this year's record thus far is terribly disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Despite this team consisting of mostly players recruited by Gene this teams performance will not be attributed to Gene.
          Sure it will attributed to Stephenson by anybody knowledgable about the program (and those that don't are either haters or not very knowlegble). This is Stephenson team with what maybe 1 or 2 butler players? Just like Marshall first year was attributed to turgeon leaving the cupboard bare. It is very clear when u look at just the other valley teams wsu is no longer have the most talent and it is showing big time this year. Next year butler is bringing in I think 15 players - that is when he will start being judged if u don't see a in the way this program does it business.
          Last edited by SB Shock; April 12, 2014, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Shockers trail 1-0 after 1 inning.

Comment

Shockers go 1-2-3 with a k in the top of 2nd.

Comment

Shox trail 1-0 T3

Comment

1-0 UE B3

Comment

Shocks are not sharp at all. Not a very good feel so far.

Comment

Just not a very good baseball team right now. Actually, kind of a bad baseball team right now.

Comment

Shox trailing 3-0 still in B3

Comment

4-0 Evansville. Evansville have their big boys pants on and shox are wearing dresses.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            Just not a very good baseball team right now. Actually, kind of a bad baseball team right now.
                            I wish I could disagree. But it is what it is.

A 4-run deficit, even with the wind howling out to left field, seems like Mt. Everest.

Comment

Well if we are going to do any damage with the bats this is the part of the order most likely to do it.

Parker, Gillaspie, Bayliff, Siimpson and Baker.

Comment

Working...
                              X