Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoxPride View Post
    Here is the response I got back from my email to Sexton

Thank you for the feedback and I am sorry for the delay in returning your email as we appreciate and value your thoughts. We apologize that your experience was not what you were expecting, ultimately when that happens we didn’t do our job. I will attempt to address all of the concerns in your email. The ticket price in the outfield at Eck was raised two seasons ago because that area is a premium spot in our stadium and we wanted to have the ticket price reflect that. We consider it a premium because you can bring in your own food and beverage but it was also important to us that we keep it affordable and allow our season ticket holders to still enjoy it.

Your reference to beer in the outfield of Eck it is important to note the policy you are referring to is not new; however, we have not done a very good job of enforcing it in the past as well as educating our fans. There are many reasons we only allow 3.2% beer in the outfield, but the two of the main reasons are (1) to be consistent with campus policy and (2) to be in line with what is sold in the stadium. Premier Food Services, who is our concessionaire, is only allowed by law to sell 3.2% beer in the stadium and campus policy prohibits us from allowing higher than 3.2% beer for consumption on the hill. You are correct that we serve higher concentrations of alcohol in the All American Club and in the Coastal Room. Campus policy gives us the leeway to do that and this is also a way to provide extra value to game sponsors and those who join private areas of our facilities.

Even at $10 a person the hill is still a great value and we are excited about the energy Coach Butler has brought the team and we are looking forward to that once again spilling over into our stadium and the hill. We agree the hill is a very unique place and we are working hard to keep it that way; however, we do have policies and parameters that we have to fall within. Ultimately we failed in properly communicating and in enforcement in the past. We will fix those issues and look forward to a great finish to our season and hopefully warm weather!

Thank you for your support of Shocker Baseball.
    Great response, but doesn't address the shitty way they informed the fans this year...

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
      Great response, but doesn't address the shitty way they informed the fans this year...
      C'mon Marty he owned up to not enforcing the policy in the past and didn't do a good job of educating the fans. Didn't do a good job should really read "we did an absolute crappy job of enforcing and educating our fan base about the policies at Eck stadium.

Comment

I overheard at the last home game,Tiny Tim the security guy say you better enjoy food and any beer on the hill for now. They are going to eliminate letting[soon] us bringing both in entirely!

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxPride View Post
          Here is the response I got back from my email to Sexton

Blah...
          Blah...
          Just how we do things...
          Blah...
          Status Quo...
          Blah...
          Dear wifey, where are you keeping my balls...
          Blah...
          Blah...

Thank you for your support of Shocker Baseball.
          Cliff notes edit for everyone.

I should point out that I am neither an ADES detractor nor supporter, but that response is a pretty good example of how to use 500 words to say nothing at all. A finely-honed skill of every person possessing an executive position in our country.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
            Cliff notes edit for everyone.

I should point out that I am neither an ADES detractor nor supporter, but that response is a pretty good example of how to use 500 words to say nothing at all. A finely-honed skill of every person possessing an executive position in our country.
            In your mind, what should have been his response?

Comment

Originally posted by shock49 View Post
              I overheard at the last home game,Tiny Tim the security guy say you better enjoy food and any beer on the hill for now. They are going to eliminate letting[soon] us bringing both in entirely!
              He better enjoy having a job for now then, cause he a$$ would be grass if that happen.
              The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                In your mind, what should have been his response?
                -We have revised Hill ticket prices to reflect DEMAND commensurate to where the program is at.
                -We will look into the absurd 3.2 beer issue in a campus wide perspective.
                -We are reviewing our security subcontractor so that both customer service and safety are equally important.

Crazy stuff like that. Inane things that would happen in a business struggling to attract a clientele base.

I have never watched a WSU game from the Hill, and I can't remember the last time I drank carbonated urine (beer). This is not a personal vendetta.

Comment

-We have revised Hill ticket prices to reflect DEMAND commensurate to where the program is at.
                  -We are reviewing our security subcontractor so that both customer service and safety are equally important.

Crazy stuff like that. Inane things that would happen in a business struggling to attract a clientele base.

I have never watched a WSU game from the Hill, and I can't remember the last time I drank carbonated urine (beer). This is not a personal vendetta.
                  Probably had to do with the beer you drank.....on both points.

Comment

I think that is a pretty solid response. However, my curiosity forces me to ask how you know what carbonated urine tastes like? :bball_spin:

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        I think that is a pretty solid response. However, my curiosity forces me to ask how you know what carbonated urine tastes like? :bball_spin:
                        Prior consumption of beer. I have a white paper on the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by WSU Shocker View Post
                          Policies regarding Eck Stadium:
                          Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Alcoholic Beverages:

Alcohol is only allowed to be brought in for consumption on Coleman Hill or in a Skybox. Only 3.2 beer is permitted on Coleman Hill. Glass bottles are NOT allowed.
                          As recently as September 29, 2013, that policies page did not include the line about 3.2 beer. For anyone to tell you otherwise is simply untrue.

Using the good old "wayback" machine Internet Archive, here's a link to those same policies from that September 2013 date without that rule in it.

Comment

Originally posted by sdshox View Post
                            As recently as September 29, 2013, that policies page did not include the line about 3.2 beer. For anyone to tell you otherwise is simply untrue.

Using the good old "wayback" machine Internet Archive, here's a link to those same policies from that September 2013 date without that rule in it.

http://web.archive.org/web/201309292...CLID=204980012
                            OUCH!!

Comment

Security would go berzerk if this happened on our hill. Look at all that beer.

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X