No announcement yet.

KWCH Story On Eck Stadium Sucking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dare I say, protest by not going to games until they make the fan-experiance better?
    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
      Dare I say, protest by not going to games until they make the fan-experiance better?
      Pretty sure that protest has been going on for 5 years now. Not sure any additional 'protests' would make enough of a difference for anyone to notice.

I also dislike punishing the team for things that are completely out of their control.

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
        I understand the frustration, however why punish the new coach and players? I think there's other ways of making a point.

Start at the top and work your way down the list:

P.S. The team may be starting to come together; we don't want to throw out bad mojo.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          Pretty sure that protest has been going on for 5 years now. Not sure any additional 'protests' would make enough of a difference for anyone to notice.

I also dislike punishing the team for things that are completely out of their control.
          Originally posted by WstateU View Post
          I understand the frustration, however why punish the new coach and players? I think there's other ways of making a point.

Start at the top and work your way down the list:

P.S. The team may be starting to come together; we don't want to throw out bad mojo.
          I wasn't saying that's the option I would go with. Just tossing it out there for those who are frustrated with the experience.

I haven't had a chance to go to a game this season, so I haven't see these issues firsthand yet.
          The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
            The security guards aren't TSA rejects, they're just rejects. Security work is right up there with McDonald's fry cook and roadkill technician in the job market hierarchy. It is one of those jobs done by people who are just a hairline away from unemployable.
            I was wondering, are security guards one step above or below prison guards? I have known several of both, and at least one who has been both, and I'm not sure I can answer that question. Maybe they're equal.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              Is this where we talk about how hard it is to get cast concrete to make noise in the same manner as aluminum decking?
              Well there are still some metal bleachers left, and nobody does anything there. But you can also make plenty of noise clapping, beating the empty seat in front of you.

Comment

Policies regarding Eck Stadium:
                Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Alcoholic Beverages:

Alcohol is only allowed to be brought in for consumption on Coleman Hill or in a Skybox. Only 3.2 beer is permitted on Coleman Hill. Glass bottles are NOT allowed.
                "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                  Everyone who has had a bad experience should call into the next coach's show and make the show be about fan experience.
                  I respectfully disagree. Instead, email Eric Sexton with a cc to Todd Butler.
                  This is something Sexton should be addressing and Todd kept in the loop.

Comment

I've been to all but about 5 games in the last 10 years and to be honest,besides not being able to walk my 3 year old out to the hill and back I have no complaints.Oh,except that consession prices have almost doubled in the last 3 years.And the PA is usually way too loud.And also since I'm a season ticket holder I get a stupid card instead of a ticket book so that some guy that goes to 2 or 3 games a year gets a useable coupon on his ticket.I really used those several times to support the sponsors of Shocker baseball.But I'll admit,I haven't had a problem with security but That may be because I don't care to watch a game from the hill.

Comment

I am discouraged. I was gonna hit a couple of you up to buy a good ticket so I could try the WSU baseball experience with people that know the game. But this thread is turning me off. I can't stand events with over reaching security.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

So I risk breaking up a good thing here by running my mouth but what the hell, right?

A few years ago I noticed the old people in the sections around me would bring in big bags of blankets and such. In the grandstands even on nice 80F days it can be in the 60s in the shade. So this is never a problem. Most of the time they would bring in 'outside food and drink' but no one gave a ****. They knew the people at the gate. They knew the people working the section. So I made it a point to do the same. Now, every so often there will be a different guy at the gate. There is one goofy looking bastard that if I see him I know to avoid like the plague. He will go through my blanket bag, laptop bag, everything. I had 4-5oz of soda left once and he made me chuck it. But if I avoid that one guy, I'm fine.

So in my section I eat drink and am merry. For the last few years I have brought in cans of beer. I always thought it was stupid I could BYOB in the outfield but not in a season ticket spot. Now, it helps that I'm in the green seats and I think that is the real lesson here. Green seats are pretty chill -- no real seat enforcement (I had some Cal St F guys in my row Sat/Sun), no security nazis, just a good view and a good time.

Now, if they could just get the freaking guest wifi re-enabled I could get back to working at the games like I am supposed to.

Comment

Originally posted by WSU Shocker View Post
                          Policies regarding Eck Stadium:
                          Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Alcoholic Beverages:

Alcohol is only allowed to be brought in for consumption on Coleman Hill or in a Skybox. Only 3.2 beer is permitted on Coleman Hill. Glass bottles are NOT allowed.
                          I'm not surprised it's on there now, but I've been on that site before and don't remember seeing that part before...and either way, if that's how they were getting the word out to the fans: FAIL

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                            I respectfully disagree. Instead, email Eric Sexton with a cc to Todd Butler.
                            This is something Sexton should be addressing and Todd kept in the loop.
                            I would suggest adding Dr. Bardo to the cc list. I have had more than one occasion to contact Eric that went unanswered until his boss was included on the recipient list. Just a thought....
                            “Confrontation simply means meeting the truth head-on.”

Mike Krzyzewski

Comment

Originally posted by hoopsnut View Post
                              I would suggest adding Dr. Bardo to the cc list. I have had more than one occasion to contact Eric that went unanswered until his boss was included on the recipient list. Just a thought....
                              Shocked.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Here is the response I got back from my email to Sexton

Thank you for the feedback and I am sorry for the delay in returning your email as we appreciate and value your thoughts. We apologize that your experience was not what you were expecting, ultimately when that happens we didn’t do our job. I will attempt to address all of the concerns in your email. The ticket price in the outfield at Eck was raised two seasons ago because that area is a premium spot in our stadium and we wanted to have the ticket price reflect that. We consider it a premium because you can bring in your own food and beverage but it was also important to us that we keep it affordable and allow our season ticket holders to still enjoy it.

Your reference to beer in the outfield of Eck it is important to note the policy you are referring to is not new; however, we have not done a very good job of enforcing it in the past as well as educating our fans. There are many reasons we only allow 3.2% beer in the outfield, but the two of the main reasons are (1) to be consistent with campus policy and (2) to be in line with what is sold in the stadium. Premier Food Services, who is our concessionaire, is only allowed by law to sell 3.2% beer in the stadium and campus policy prohibits us from allowing higher than 3.2% beer for consumption on the hill. You are correct that we serve higher concentrations of alcohol in the All American Club and in the Coastal Room. Campus policy gives us the leeway to do that and this is also a way to provide extra value to game sponsors and those who join private areas of our facilities.

Even at $10 a person the hill is still a great value and we are excited about the energy Coach Butler has brought the team and we are looking forward to that once again spilling over into our stadium and the hill. We agree the hill is a very unique place and we are working hard to keep it that way; however, we do have policies and parameters that we have to fall within. Ultimately we failed in properly communicating and in enforcement in the past. We will fix those issues and look forward to a great finish to our season and hopefully warm weather!

Thank you for your support of Shocker Baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X