No announcement yet.

Gm 3 - vs SIU-E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wsu best game last year was 18 against Bradley, done once.

Comment

Error #3.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        Error #3.
        It would suck to sacrifice fielding for offense. We really need both if we wanna do what we wanna do this year.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          It would suck to sacrifice fielding for offense. We really need both if we wanna do what we wanna do this year.
          I know we probably have some defense sitting on the bench right now waiting out suspensions, so hopefully that will help. That said, what really concerns me is the terrible defense in no-pressure situations. That doesn't bode well for times when the game is in the balance and a play has to be made.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
            Just my opinion, but I don't agree with those bagging on Micah. He's one of our leading returning hitters (.286) had an errorless season in 2013 and is coming off a very good fall, according to Butler. He lost a ball in the sun. That's no reason to bench him in the third game.

“Micah Green is as physical of a centerfielder as you can have in college baseball,” Butler said. “We think he has the confidence to have the season he has been looking for. He can change the game with one swing and is also a plus runner and plus defender. He had a very good fall.

I'm glad Micah is proving me wrong today. I hope he has a great senior year. The reason I bag on him is that consistently throughout his career he has proven that he can't hit off speed. He has not changed his approach at the plate yet and it drives me crazy. He is always out front waving at the off speed. Also he has made way too many bonehead base running plays. He has the ability to be so much better but has been frustrating to watch over his career.

Comment

Shaping up to be a very nice win, headed to the 9th...I am switching to basketball now since it is well in hand. Listening to this reminded me of the good old days.

We will hit rough patches this year and there will be struggles, but I am very happy that we have the mental makeup to clobber the weak sisters.

Comment

Error #4.

At SS.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Harbutz and Parker getting back in the line-up should help shore up the defense a bit.

There is a different attitude at the ballpark. Guys are loose and squaring-up balls. Granted, SIU-E may not be very good, but it has been a while since the Shox took care of business this convincingly against inferior competition.
                  Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                    Just my opinion, but I don't agree with those bagging on Micah. He's one of our leading returning hitters (.286) had an errorless season in 2013 and is coming off a very good fall, according to Butler. He lost a ball in the sun. That's no reason to bench him in the third game.

“Micah Green is as physical of a centerfielder as you can have in college baseball,” Butler said. “We think he has the confidence to have the season he has been looking for. He can change the game with one swing and is also a plus runner and plus defender. He had a very good fall.

Sooner or later, everybody loses the ball in the sun.
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

When was the last time we scored 20+ runs?

Comment

Manos de piedra.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Top regional power KSU on the verge of getting swept by Cal Poly to open the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                            Top regional power KSU on the verge of getting swept by Cal Poly to open the season.
                            Coat-Tail kitty claws

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              Are they holding open tryouts for middle infielders this week? I may have to go try out.
                              I still have my glove, a Rawlings Playmaker.

I throw a lot of hedge apples every fall, so I still have the arm.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                                When was the last time we scored 20+ runs?
                                I believe it was February 25, 2012 against North Dakota. We won 26-0.

Comment

Working...
                                X