Gm 3 - vs SIU-E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gm 3 - vs SIU-E

WSU has a chance to start 3-0 versus the 0-3 start they had last year. Don't get me wrong I understand this is SIU-E and they should win these games, but Gene teams were notorious for dropping games they should have won, sometimes in inexplicable fashion.

Today's Infield

Butler said in the paper today he's going to make some changes in the infield. Based on what I've read in the past several months, I'm guessing he'll go with Wes Phillips at SS, & Cody Bobbit at 2nd base.

A neighbor of mine who had season tickets last year would like to see Green & Mucha trade positions. My neighbor said Green has a tendency to lose balls in the sun such as he did yesterday.

It will be interesting to see who is the starting pitcher today. Brummet can finish out his 3 game suspension today & still start tomorrow.

Comment

Apparently HCTB wasn't amused by the poor fielding either as was reported in the Eagle. Bayliff also credits hitting coach Walker and the extra work to his improved power at the plate. How long has it been since we have seen a statement that said the hitting coach helped. Another thought...Jeffrey Lutz has done a nice job reporting the Shocker Baseball games this year.

Comment

Oops just had another thought. I know, seldom and few but they talked about the power game yesterday versus the small ball friday. I don't mind small ball if that is what you have to do to win because some days its like that but in the past few years with the bat being dumbed down WSU still tried to play power ball and seems like they never could play the small ball. They would "attempt" it but I don't think they had an idea of how to really do it or as GS used to say "some of these guys are hard headed". Guess there is a new sheriff in town and hard headed isn't going to fly well.

Comment

Lineup today:

Dearman-DH
          Bayliff-RF
          Gillaspie-1B
          Simpson-3B
          Green-CF
          Kihle-LF
          Bobbit-2B
          Zimmerman-C
          Phillips-SS

Brummett-P

Looks like they're setting up the rotation for next week as: Tuesday (?), Friday (Ladwig), Saturday (?), Sunday (Brummet), Monday (Elam)

I would guess we'll be seeing Sam Tewes debut Tuesday. No idea on Saturday, as Gardner is likely serving his suspension now.
          Last edited by shocks02; February 16, 2014, 11:59 AM.

Comment

1-2-3 for Brummet in the first.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
              1-2-3 for Brummet in the first.
              Shocking.

Comment

Chase Simpson drives home Dearman and it's 1-0 Shocks. Green flies out into a double play. Seemingly really bad baserunning by Gillespie there...shades of WSU-Miami.

Correction, Gillespie is safe.

Kihle is HBP and they're loaded for Bobbit with 2 out.

Cody gets a hit and it's 3-0 Shocks.

Comment

Bobbit with 2 out bloop single, drives in 2. Shox lead 3-0

Comment

Bobbit drives in 2, 3-0 shox.

Comment

Why is green playing today? Ugh

Comment

Oh where, oh where have our SS gone? E6 is becoming way to much of an occurence.

Comment

When you make an error, it is helpful if you make a nice play and then get a hit to leadoff the next inning.

Have to cut out the errors. This pitching staff isn't built to overcome that sort of thing very frequently with strikeouts. I think they will be very good at pitching to contact and inducing a lot of weak outs, but they have to be handled by the defense.

Comment

Hit and run....stolen bases....aggressive on the base paths. Me like.

Comment

Casey G. hits 3-run HR into LF. WSU lead 6-0.

Comment

Working...
                              X