WSU Baseball Recruiting - Class of 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Baseball Recruiting - Class of 2015

Not sure how many early commitments Coach Butler will get but he is off to a good start with Garrett Hutson (subject to MLB draft or a change of heart). So I guess I will start the 2015 recruiting list.

Keylan Kilgore - LH Pitcher (6-3, 155), Wichita Heights (KS)

Clay Richards - Switch Hitting SS/3B (6-2, 195) - Home Schooled (OKC)

Clayton McGinness - RH Pitcher (6-1, 165), Savannah, MO

Greyson Jenista - RH Pitcher, LH hitting infielder/outfielder (6-4, 210) Desoto (KS) High School
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 22, 2013, 12:58 AM.

I read the article in today's Eagle. Pretty easy to get excited.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Circle doesn't have much of a reputation in baseball, but from everything I've heard, this kid carried them last year and is a phenomenal athlete. If he goes to college, this is a great get. Will be interesting to see where he gets drafted.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

When he got the job HCTB said the emphasis would be on pitching. Looks like his first commit of 2015 is within that emphasis.

Comment

The coaches are quite pleased about this commitment. However, judging from a variety of intel I conclude that they are

#NotSatisfied

Comment

Add another, this time it's Keylan Killgore, from Wichita Heights. MaxPreps profile.

Keylan Killgore⚾ ‏@Keylan_Killgore

Can finally say I'm a @ShockerBaseball player! Just committed and joined a tradition! On to the next dream! #livingdreams

Comment

How many on the roster now? 65 or 66?
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Coach Butler seems to be a man with a plan.

Comment

The Way-Out World of Baseball Commitments

Paul Suellentrop takes a looks at the trend toward earlier and earlier baseball commitments.

“If you’re not doing it now, you’re going to fall behind,” Butler said. “Fifteen years ago, kids would take their visits…and make decisions in October, right before the November signing period. Now, kids are taking unofficial visits as juniors and sophomores in high school and looking at schools and making decisions much faster.”

Comment

6-3 155? Hope the kid puts on about 50lbs before he shows up.
                    although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

Originally posted by tripleshock View Post
                      6-3 155? Hope the kid puts on about 50lbs before he shows up.
                      Not necessarily a problem -- see Chris Sale: 6-6, 180 -- but I'm sure it's nothing Kerry Rosenboom and a lot of milkshakes can't modify if need be.

Comment

At the end of his career Randy Johnson only weighed 225. I can't find what he weighed out of high school but it had to be a lot less than 225.

Comment

Kerry just ordered 100 cases of Sportshake last week so that won't be a problem.

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                          Not necessarily a problem -- see Chris Sale: 6-6, 180 -- but I'm sure it's nothing Kerry Rosenboom and a lot of milkshakes can't modify if need be.

Comment

Hutson has transferred to Augusta.

Comment

I thought that was Max Hutson transferring to Augusta Ga.

Comment

Working...
                              X