Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of incoming Shocker recruit doing his Bo Jackson imitation:

Kord ferguson breaks bat over his head like the great Bo Jackson

Unfortunately for Coach Butler he is Coach Rainbolt's prize bull. Still might not hurt to see if he can hit a D-1 curve ball.

Comment

• I'm guessing Kord is Alex Trebek's least favorite Shocker.

image hosting over 10mb
      Attached Files
      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• 2014 Recruiting Summary

1972 Shocker & whoever else has been keeping track of the incoming recruiting class, this is to let you know we missed two: The roster on Go Shockers has been updated with all of the names although bio's for the new players has not yet been added. I happened to check it today & found this to be the case. So, I compared the names on the roster to the 40 names I and others had tracked & made note of 2 or 3 weeks ago. From that, I found two more new names on the list: Bryce Colt, a LPH, 6-0, 185 lbs, from Owasso, OK & Zach Reding, a 6-2, 220 lb Jr, OF, who appears to be a transfer from Texas Tech, so he is listed as a redshirt jr as he will have to lay out a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by xazshox View Post
          1972 Shocker & whoever else has been keeping track of the incoming recruiting class, this is to let you know we missed two: The roster on Go Shockers has been updated with all of the names although bio's for the new players has not yet been added. I happened to check it today & found this to be the case. So, I compared the names on the roster to the 40 names I and others had tracked & made note of 2 or 3 weeks ago. From that, I found two more new names on the list: Bryce Colt, a LPH, 6-0, 185 lbs, from Owasso, OK & Zach Reding, a 6-2, 220 lb Jr, OF, who appears to be a transfer from Texas Tech, so he is listed as a redshirt jr as he will have to lay out a year.
          That roster will of course be cut back to 35 by the start of the season. My guess is that at this point both Bryce and Zach are walk-ons. If they are on scholarship they have to be counted as one of the 35 roster spots even if they do not play. My guess is since Zach Reding will be dropped from the roster at the start of the season and then added back to the roster after the end of next season. He may even go on scholarship the following year, who knows. If Zach is receiving a baseball scholarship this year then he will take up a spot on the 35-man roster even if he can not play. We will eventually find out once the roster cuts are made.

Comment

• Class breakdown of the 42 names shown on the roster (as @1972Shocker: noted, this will be pruned at a later date):

Seniors - 3
            Juniors - 15 (10 are newcomers)
            Sophomores - 6
            Freshmen - 18

This year will be an adventure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
              This year will be an adventure.
              I couldn't agree more. Very difficult to predict or handicap this coming season.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 18, 2014, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• According to Collegiate Baseball WSU's incoming class is ranked #2 in the nation.

Comment

• Wow.

Comment

• I'll believe it when one of them hits a D1 curveball.

Comment

• That is a great start!!!!!!!!!!!! Go stack one or two more top-flight recruiting classes on top of that, and you set yourself up to make noise in Omaha.

The goal is not to win now. The goal is to win from now on.
                      78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        According to Collegiate Baseball WSU's incoming class is ranked #2 in the nation.
                        But what does Baseball America say?

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Channel 12 lists the Collegiate Baseball recruiting rank of Wichita State from 1983 to the present.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                              Channel 12 lists the Collegiate Baseball recruiting rank of Wichita State from 1983 to the present.

http://www.kwch.com/sports/schockers...ation/28189466
                              Very interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                                But what does Baseball America say?
                                Baseball America says #21 recruiting class in the nation:

WICHITA, Kan. ? Wichita State's recruiting class has been ranked No. 21 by Baseball America. It is the second top-25 ranking for the Shocker class as Collegiate Baseball ranked WSU No. 2.
                                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                                X