Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think both schools don't want the other to be the clear #2 to KU. I have KSU friends who have a lot of respect for WSU who don't want to play WSU. They come right out and admit it that they can't afford to lose and be perceived as the #3 in Kansas. It isn't about RPI

Comment

Exactly. They don't necessarily dislike WSU or its fans, because we have a common enemy. It's that K-State fans feel as though they must impress upon KU fans that they are more like KU than they are like WSU. It's a sordid, complex line to walk, driving them to try to big-time WSU as often as possible, made especially complex by WSU's Final Four run. You can tell that really cuts to the core because it's what KU fans care about most.

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO View Post
        They don't necessarily dislike WSU or its fans, because we have a common enemy. It's that K-State fans feel as though they must impress upon KU fans that they are more like KU than they are like WSU.
        This is a BRILLIANT assessment. That's not meant to connote that it's unexpected from you, as it most certainly is not.

Comment

The only reason I jumped on this board is because of the first couple pages of the WSU vs KSU game thread. In those pages you guys made fun of our facilities, our program, our fans and our Title Town references. The absurdity of Wichita State Fans thinking that you were the favorite against a team that beat you twice was pretty funny. The only surprising thing was that the margin of the game was so lopsided not the result. We then continued to laugh as you guys were positive Arkansas would win the regional due to their pitching prowess.

I know it was a small portion of your fan base and we fired some shots back. I will stand by my belief that K-State is the more attractive Baseball Program (see Fire Gene Thread) but good luck on your Head Coach hunt.

Comment

Can somebody explain to me why KSU trolls are still posting here? The game has been over for 3 days. WSU is no longer playing. Is it just a sick, unhealthy obsession with WSU? Is it because the inferior program fans just want to be given some sort of self-absorbing respect?

You can say the sky is red for all I care. Just because you say it, doesn't mean it's true.

WSU has a far more superior baseball program. It's not close. Your flash pan success is clouding your judgment.
            Last edited by ShockerFever; June 3, 2013, 05:36 PM.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewVonLintel View Post
              The only reason I jumped on this board is because of the first couple pages of the WSU vs KSU game thread. In those pages you guys made fun of our facilities, our program, our fans and our Title Town references. The absurdity of Wichita State Fans thinking that you were the favorite against a team that beat you twice was pretty funny. The only surprising thing was that the margin of the game was so lopsided not the result. We then continued to laugh as you guys were positive Arkansas would win the regional due to their pitching prowess.

I know it was a small portion of your fan base and we fired some shots back. I will stand by my belief that K-State is the more attractive Baseball Program (see Fire Gene Thread) but good luck on your Head Coach hunt.
              What is the purpose of your visit today?
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                What is the purpose of your visit today?
                validation

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                  validation

Mostly curious about Gene Stephenson. He has been the Shockers Coach longer than I have been alive and I am wondering if K-State's hobby sport will become something greater or if you guys are going to make a great hire.

Comment

Mostly curious about Gene Stephenson. He has been the Shockers Coach longer than I have been alive and I am wondering if K-State's hobby sport will become something greater or if you guys are going to make a great hire.
                    Some of those things were worth making fun of, including the facilities and especially "Title Town" - it is almost as bad as EMAW and Eko-Cat.

Why do you call baseball a hobby sport? Just curious as to what other hobbies you have and what is your favorite hobby message board. I can only imagine.

Comment

Andrew, what did Coach Hill say when you asked if his job, his profession, his livelihood, was a hobby sport? Did he laugh in your face or punch you in the face?

Comment

Apparently it's a pretty big hobby for you to drag yourself in here and offer so much care and concern about it.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                          I think both schools don't want the other to be the clear #2 to KU. I have KSU friends who have a lot of respect for WSU who don't want to play WSU. They come right out and admit it that they can't afford to lose and be perceived as the #3 in Kansas. It isn't about RPI
                          ku and ksu are only in the same conference so they can decide which of the two is #2 and which is #3.

and i still have the text from a KU fan congratulating WSU on being the best team in kansas, albeit basketball.

Comment

Kittens are getting drilled by Oregon State now, 9-1 in the 3rd.

I knew their shaky pitching would finally catch up with them. Flash-in-the-pan U just doesn't have it for when it really counts. Oh well.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              Kittens are getting drilled by Oregon State now, 9-1 in the 3rd.

I knew their shaky pitching would finally catch up with them. Flash-in-the-pan U just doesn't have it for when it really counts. Oh well.
                              Haha. No updates last night? You know the good thing about freshmen pitchers? Next year they are sophmores! Just the same, thanks for watching!

Comment

Originally posted by shockkansas View Post
                                You know the good thing about freshmen pitchers?
                                Yeah, kinda. Often times ours are All America.

Good luck tomorrow in game 3.

And expect a return to status quo next year with the Shocks.

Comment

Working...
                                X