Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously, you boys take your snob hill v silo tech fight over to phog.ass or everydouchewantsanekocat.nonationalchampionships.o wned

Comment

• K-State fans are so hung up on trying to impress KU fans that they can't help themselves in trying to big-time WSU. They simply picked the wrong sport. Shoulda stayed on the WSU football forum, CatBackers, you would own it!

As for the game, I'm sticking with the number 8. If the Shox score that many runs...Hello Arkansas.

Comment

• Either start talking about the baseball game or I'm closing the thread. A new one can open when people want to discuss the game itself.

Arguing over this stuff is like flinging poo. You may hit them, but you still picked up a turd.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• As long as the Silo trash stays clear of this place or they conduct themselves of actual guests of this place, I don't think it'll be a problem.

I've never seen an invasion of trolls before quite like this, in the baseball forum of all places. They are a special bunch.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
            How does WSU's aeronautical engineering programs stack up with others in the area, or our business programs, etc?
            Well, last year WSU had to scrap their entire composites program in the Aeronautical Engineering department because the Department Chair, Enus, thought they said "composting" and after 20 years of research nobody could figure out how to get the **** to fly.

All was not lost though. The Dean of the Barton School of Business conned a bunch of ag professors at K-State into paying a premium for the manure on the basis that if they used it to grow corn, all of their corn fed chickens would be lighter and more aerodynamic.

KU immediately filed a lawsuit naming themselves as both plaintiff and defendant for negligence in failing to obtain the grant on this particular line of research.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
              Either start talking about the baseball game or I'm closing the thread. A new one can open when people want to discuss the game itself.

Arguing over this stuff is like flinging poo. You may hit them, but you still picked up a turd.
              Really? Part of the fun is the school vs school smack. Seems more than relevant to me (except for the KU vs KSU stuff)

Comment

• Kai, you may need to trademark edongs. :)
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Either start talking about the baseball game or I'm closing the thread. A new one can open when people want to discuss the game itself.

Gee.... Which would u rather have - shocker unity versus Heifer U or shocker fans discussing about whether Gene should be fired or not?

Comment

• I am copying a post I made on another thread over here where it probably really belongs:

The thing with post-season play is it really doesn't matter how you played during the regular season. What matters is how you are playing now. I think it is safe to say the Shockers are now playing the best baseball in all phases of the game that they have alll season.

We have several pitchers who have come on strong lately in Garrett Brummett, A.J. Ladwig and Kris Gardner to go along with Cale Elam in the starting rotation. Our bullpen has been pretty solid for most of the year.

The Shocks have won 8 of their last 9 games. During those nine games they averaged 6.56 runs with a team BA of 0.352 and a team ERA of 2.28 and committed no (as in zero) errors. Coming into that final 9-game stretch the Shocks had averaged 5.45 RPG with a team BA of 0.285 and a team ERA of 3.48.

Johnny Coy who had done nothing during the year is all of a sudden squaring up balls on a consistent basis and providing protection for Casey Gillaspie. Garrett Bayliff's confidence coming off a couple of injury plagued seasons is coming on and he is on fire and after struggling for a consistent leadoff hitter most of the year Tanner Dearman seems to have figured that out. Mikel Mucha is also playing the best ball of his young career.

Does this mean we will win this regional? Of course not. But we have a better chance of doing so now than we would have had at any other point this season. Yeah, we could go 2 and Que but so could any one of the other 3 teams in this regional. There is nothing better or more dangerous than a team that has found its confidence.

The thing is this has just been a special year for Shocker athletics. Did KU and Arkansas expect the Lady Shocks to go to Lawrence and a send them home packing from the NCAA Volleyball tournament? NO! Did KU and KSU expect to be sitting at home watching the Shocks battle and earn their way to the Final Four (and let's face it we probably should have beat Louisville)? NO! Does anyone other than the Shocks and their fans think they will make much noise in the Baseball regional? NO!

But then again, This is the Year of the Shocks! So why not?
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 28, 2013, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                      Gee.... Which would u rather have - shocker unity versus Heifer U or shocker fans discussing about whether Gene should be fired or not?
                      There's already a thread for the "fire Gene" talk, SB. You should be acquainted with that if anyone is (well, except for Dofo -- it was his thread). Instead, let's have some of your fancy graphics about how well the Shocks have started playing lately. You're the graphicsmeister.

Comment

I think this one is doing pretty good...no need to open a new thread. This one is no different the several I've seen on Phog in the past...

1. KSU does something good for once,
                        2. KSU fans raid KU forum and start posting about how great they are,
                        3. KU posters put them in their place,
                        4. KSU fades back into mediocrity,
                        5. KSU fans stop posting.

Step 4 will be here soon enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                          I think this one is doing pretty good...no need to open a new thread. This one is no different the several I've seen on Phog in the past...

1. KSU does something good for once,
                          2. KSU fans raid KU forum and start posting about how great they are,
                          3. KU posters put them in their place,
                          4. KSU fades back into mediocrity,
                          5. KSU fans stop posting.

Step 4 will be here soon enough.
                          Curious Marty, how does it usually go when a Cat fan plays the "fan apathy" card? I know you haven't seen that play out on Phog, because even as bad as KU sucks at everything but men's bball, they have not shuttered THE major sport due to "fan apathy".

Comment

• Good Evening Shockers.

I have been thinking about your starting pitching question. I think that we are probably going to go with McFadden.

McFadden pitched in the first game of the Big 12 tournament and so it seems logical that we might pitch him first in the regional. As I have stated previously, Starting Pitching is not our strong point. The tactical decision has been made to use Williams and Matthys only when it counts and hope that our bats can score early and blow games open enabling us to save the closers for another night. With that being said our starting pitching hasn't been horrible just not what you would normally expect out of a Big 12 Champion.

Flattery is a guy who I thought would pitch last weekend and I think something must have been wrong with him. Hopefully, if he is healthy, we will see him in this tournament and he would be my choice to pitch Friday if he is able. I think McFadden is our best but there are reasons to try and hold him for a probable Arkansas matchup on Saturday.

The main concern for your team is to try and win the game before Matthys and Williams are brought in. If Matthys comes in, he will most likely shut the door on you. He works the hitters and umpires well and generally gets an expanded strike zone because of nice control. Matthys is 8-1 with 7 saves and a 2.13 ERA baseball cap (KS on the front). 5 of his wins are in Big 12 play which ties the leaders in that statistice. Surprisingly he doesn't start games he just wins those tie ball games that he comes into.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockkansas View Post
                              Curious Marty, how does it usually go when a Cat fan plays the "fan apathy" card? I know you haven't seen that play out on Phog, because even as bad as KU sucks at everything but men's bball, they have not shuttered THE major sport due to "fan apathy".
                              Here's what this guy had to add to the discussion over on kansas.com, a very intelligent argument:

Can someone explain to me again why this obvious troll is given such a long leash and hasn't been banned? Is it because his elementary insults are so subtle and don't make much sense? Is it because he's an easy target? Is it because he's a two-facer? Why? Can someone please answer the million dollar question?
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• K-State is 35-0 when leading after 8.

K-State is 2-15 when trailing after 8.

31-3 when leading after 6 this is usually when Williams and Matthys come in to the picture.

8-12 when trailing after 6.

Comment

Working...
                                X