This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ISASO View Post
    The smart money is on Arkansas in this Regional. We've seen them plenty of times in Regional play and in the CWS. Welcome to the club, newbie.

By the way, CWS = College World Series

Appreciate the heads up. It is hard to keep track of all of our winning programs. Just a few weeks ago I saw the Olympic Silver Medalist High Jump at the K-State track meet in Manhattan.

Could you explain Batting Average to me. I guess we are 2nd in the entire country in that category and it sounds important.

Comment

Glad to help educate and inform. Batting average is an indication of how potent your offense is. However, pitching is the key to championships normally. That would be team ERA, if you're curious.

Comment

I was trying to tell them at GoEmaw, that you guys are much better than Mizzou and KU and you are really starting to show me something.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewVonLintel View Post
          Another Wichita State Baseball /KU Basketball/ OU Football T-Shirt Fan....... Shocker!!!!!

By the way, Thanks for Brad Hill. You guys are really good guys once you get past the mean exterior. Actions speak louder than words and you can live vicariously through us in the Super Regional.
          I watched WSU beat La Salle in person in LA. Were you in KC to watch Rodriguez's last game against La Salle?

I am not a fan of KU either - as a sports fan, I just think it is tragic that KSU can't beat its rival more than three times in 25 years.

WSU has won as many BCS bowl games as KSU, so . . .

Oh, and I've watched probably 25 WSU NCAA baseball games, many of which were in Omaha, including the championship game in 1989.

WSU fans, please forgive me for responding to an obvious troll.

It is fans like these that make me wonder why I ever cared that KSU lost that heartbreaker to Texas A&M (or Baylor) and ****ed up their chance to play for a national championship.

Comment

Compare the list of top hitting teams versus the top pitching teams. Which resembles the list of National Seeds more?

New Mexico, K-State, Georgia State, James Madison, Delaware State, Georgia State, Vandy

Arkansas, Oregon State, LSU, North Carolina, Louisville, Cal-St. Fullerton, Indiana

You make the call.

Comment

I was trying to tell them at GoEmaw, that you guys are much better than Mizzou and KU and you are really starting to show me something.

You are pretty lame. Go get some better material.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I am not going to talk smack as the Shocks are 0-2 versus the Cats this season.

Go Shocks!
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

By the way, CWS = College World Series
                  man, you just let the cat out of the bag - Moo U. thought CWS meant Canadian Wildlife Services - who would want to send their baseball team north to Canada.

Comment

I suppose I feel a little bit sorry for the Kitties. This is the best year they have ever had and they have to face WSU in the first round. Clearly they are nervous about facing WSU, in one of the worst years we've had. I expect a lot of Shocker fans and that the Shocker fans will be louder than the purples since they know a bit more about baseball than the Kitty fans.

They clearly are playing the expectation game by saying it is a hobby sport. Well, with four NCAA appearances in their history, I understand why it is a hobby for them.

This is gravy for WSU and this is a big deal for KSU. We are in a great position.
                    Last edited by ABC; May 27, 2013, 10:24 PM.

Comment

k state has made four ncaa baseball appearances? wow.. i'm surprised they've made that many.

Comment

Originally posted by 3MAW View Post
                        You are right. We don’t care about baseball unless we are winning. Baseball is a hobby sport. I think you know, or at least used to know, which sports bring in the money. But if you need a reminder while in Manhattan, take a look over centerfield at the $75 million renovation taking place to the football stadium or the $15 million basketball practice facility.

As far as getting tickets to the game Friday, well, good luck. But if you do come, please tell Coach Stephenson that K-State does not condone stalking.

Also, someone mentioned the last 5 games (since it helped with their argument), but K-State has won 12 out of the last 18….pretty sad that we have had such a run in a hobby sport against a school that is basically only known for that sport.
                        Welcome Bandie.

A hobby sport huh? Got you motivated enough to sign up on an opponent's message board and post in the baseball forum of it. Kind of embarrassing, isn't it? Maybe?

If you really wanna talk head-to-head series, why don't you just use the whole damn thing instead of any arbitrary time period. I think that settles that. Badly, I might add.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Appreciate the heads up. It is hard to keep track of all of our winning programs. Just a few weeks ago I saw the Olympic Silver Medalist High Jump at the K-State track meet in Manhattan.

Could you explain Batting Average to me. I guess we are 2nd in the entire country in that category and it sounds important.
                          LMAO. High Jump SMACK!

You can just tell these trolls haven't been there before. Are there any WSU fans venturing over to the KSU boards and acting like complete assholes? Nope. Not important enough to. We've been there before. The kitties are fresh.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I remember when you came on here after a baseball game a couple years ago, set an all-time trolling record with like 55 posts in 2 hours. It was quite the show of insecurity. Glad to see you've made it back in only the good times (shocker). How long before you get banned this time? Think it'll go past your 10 hour record, dax?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Compare the list of top hitting teams versus the top pitching teams. Which resembles the list of National Seeds more?

New Mexico, K-State, Georgia State, James Madison, Delaware State, Georgia State, Vandy

Arkansas, Oregon State, LSU, North Carolina, Louisville, Cal-St. Fullerton, Indiana

You make the call.
                              Stop. You're confusing them with CWS/college baseball history. That post would resemble a sudoku puzzle to a Kitten fan.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                                I am not going to talk smack as the Shocks are 0-2 versus the Cats this season.

Go Shocks!
                                What's the series record? Or does history not count and pretty much meaningless?
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X