Shox vs. Cowboys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
    I don't know what it means if anything, but I find it strange that the extra inning game against Okie St drew a lot of attention on this board, getting 8 pages of comments and thousands of views while the extra inning game against Ku hardly got a whimper on this board.

Does it mean nobody cares about Ku on this board? Maybe it was because the Ku game was on Tv and everyone just watched it on Tv and didn't bother turning on their computers? (I did that, essentially, not looking at the computer until after the game was over).

I don't know what the answer is, but I just thought it was kind of odd.
    You can't simply look at the number of posts. About half this thread was you doing play-by-play and most of the rest was bitching about Gene's horrible coaching and lack of BBIQ.

After the KU game about the only thing to talk about was Tyler Baker chasing tail. That was unusual because usually that's Gene's field of expertise.

As far as what it all means is quite simple IMHO. It means APATHY has set in and taken hold of Shocker Baseball.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 1, 2013, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      Or this team is not worth expending anything on. The game was against a team with a winning record therefore it means a high probability WSU would lose. Frankly I was watching the royals, with Kennedy on low in the background. Watching/listening to WSU is like going to the dentist and getting a root canal.

There is a very strong history/rivalry between WSU and OSU that originated between teams when they were both were national powers. That resonates between fans (probably the older fans) - I guess hoping to catch that hope once again. Winner of the mid-week series between these two teams used to determine who was going to be the regional host in the Mid-West (when there was only 8 host). There was also bad blood between OSU and WSU, especially fans [lets face it, OSU fans are not very lovable, nor where there coaches] and sometime WSU fans and OSU coaches. There also has been tremendous drama between the two teams. Used to be when OSU came to town, ECK was standing room only - what an environment. Hopefully this program can move on to a new chapter and recapture that magic.

Meanwhile KU is really a MEH team. Their goal is to be able to compete against WSU in the state, they have no hope of being a power in the B12. KU/WSU games never involve anything more than bragging rights.
      I understand the history and rivalry with OSU. But I thought there was a little with Ku too. But I guess not. The ku thread not only got a lot less attention than the OSU game thread but also a lot less than most game threads this year.
      Last edited by shox1989; May 1, 2013, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• The Cowboys took 2 of 3 games from Ou this weekend. That improves their big 12 record to 11-9, good enough for a tie for fourth place with Baylor. They will come into Wichita on Tuesday night with a rpi of 34, and a 7-2 record against the rpi top 50.

Comment

• Okie State after taking the bedlam series from Ou this week is now ranked (#20). It would be a nice win for the Shox if they could knock off the Cowboys.

Comment

• Should be a nice night for baseball in Wichita. Hopefully their will be a big crowd.

Comment

• A win over the Cowboys is always great.

However, the most important thing I want to see tonight is for Kris Gardner it have a strong outing. We definitely could use a sharp Gardner heading into the Valley Tourney.

He has a couple of starts (maybe) in front of him to find his game. Not sure if they would bring him back on Saturday to pitch against Northwestern or not.

If they do they will no doubt limit his pitch count tonight. If Kris is sharp tonight they may just let him go as long as he can and then hold him out until the Valley Tourney.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 14, 2013, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• This is what is so frustrating with this team. They can play with the #16 team in the country and lose 3 games to Hawaii. After 6 WSU up 1 - 0

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  A win over the Cowboys is always great.

However, the most important thing I want to see tonight is for Kris Gardner it have a strong outing. We definitely could use a sharp Gardner heading into the Valley Tourney.

He has a couple of starts (maybe) in front of him to find his game. Not sure if they would bring him back on Saturday to pitch against Northwestern or not.

If they do they will no doubt limit his pitch count tonight. If Kris is sharp tonight they may just let him go as long as he can and then hold him out until the Valley Tourney.
                  Kris Gardner is pitching great tonight. After 6 full innings he is shutting out the #16 team in the country as the Shox lead 1-0.

Comment

• Well that was fun while it lasted.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Well that was fun while it lasted.
                      HBP and Walk to start the 7th by WSU pitchers - they just can't stand success.

Comment

then double, double - cowboys 3, WSU 1

Comment

Actually it was a HBP and an error. And unfortunately both those guys ended up scoring.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
                            Actually it was a HBP and an error. And unfortunately both those guys ended up scoring.
                            add in another error

4-1 Cowboys

Comment

• I remember rushing from one of my grad school classes to the OSU game - it was standing room only. How things have changed

Comment

• A season with no big-name wins... wow.

Comment

Working...
                                X