2024 NCAA Baseball Tournament Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024 NCAA Baseball Tournament Discussion

What non P5 team has the best chance to succeed outside of E Carolina? Indiana State? DBU? Coastal? Irvine? La Tech? UC Santa Barbara? Louisiana? USM? Others?

If Tulane beats Oregon State in their first game, they'll go to the Super Regional. By far and away the best 4 seed.

Louisiana has a puncher's chance to take the A&M regional.

DBU and UConn are always tough outs.

The B1G getting 3 teams in is a joke.

Comment

I'll just put this here...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I assume that doesn't include NIL funds? Which in 2024 is the more important metric. But that's a nice couple data points. Start getting 3k to the yard again and I think you could convince some kids to play for a winner on non-SEC level NIL contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          I assume that doesn't include NIL funds? Which in 2024 is the more important metric. But that's a nice couple data points. Start getting 3k to the yard again and I think you could convince some kids to play for a winner on non-SEC level NIL contracts.
          We are going to need to make significant changes to Eck if we want 3000 fans to make a different in atmosphere. The place needs 4000 butts in seats to create any kind of atmosphere and 5000+ to start rocking.

ETA: How long has it been since we had a thread on here about the NCAA tournament? I know we weren't a great team this year but Green had the team believing they belonged and it has carried over to the fan base. I plan to watch several of the regionals and will follow the tournament more than I have in 15+ years. Can't wait for next year!
          ​​​​
          Last edited by Shockerman; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

ECU doing ECU things and threatening to lose to Evansville.. down in the 8th

edit: ECU loses 4-1

Last edited by Stickboy46; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Down 3-1 bottom 8, LSU gets a friendly zone, homers twice to tie, then walks it off bottom 9 on another homer. Tigers had only 6 hits, but 4 were taters. LSU 4 Wofford 3.

Army giving Georgia FITS, tied at 7 top 8. Army has the bases loaded with 2 down. The Black Knights leave them loaded.

JMU fighting South Carolina.

Coastal Carolina boatraced Vandy boys. The curse of Patty continues.

JMU comes through and scores 2 more. 7-4 Dukes going to the bottom of the 6th.

UConn handled Duke in Norman 4-1.

David Herring and ORU will face off against Okahoma later today, NOT NCState as I said earlier. My bad.

South Carolina walked off JMU in the 10th 8-7.

Georgia beat Army by the same 8-7 score.

Arkansas got cute with their pitching staff and is in a dog fight with SEMO, 10-9 Razorbacks in the 7th.
              Last edited by WuDrWu; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

James Madison's athletic program has been punching well above their weight the last few years. That move to FBS and the Sun Belt has definitely payed off.

Comment

Lots of SEC teams worming their way out of losses today.

Comment

Looks like some Dixon Williams and Cliff Godwin karma showed up for regionals.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Miss St tied 2-2 bottom 9. Leadoff single.

Next batter tries to hit one to the space station. The amount of upper on his upper cut was impressive. Popout.

Next dude had a much better launch angle. Was caught at the wall.

But mostly.....just criminal baseball ineptitude. The game is being ruined.

Comment

Also, early returns from the regionals is that our non-con schedule was brutal.

Tulane and WSU seem similar teams this year, though Tulane has the experience. Got hot late and rode it. They are up early in Corvallis.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          Lots of SEC teams worming their way out of losses today.
                          It’s easier to do when your #5 pitcher out of the bullpen to shut teams down would be a weekend guy at most schools and you can bring guys in to PH with 10+ HR (although we did that to Tulane).

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            Also, early returns from the regionals is that our non-con schedule was brutal.
                            I didn't need to see regionals results to figure that out. I've been whining about it for the past half of the season. Hahaha

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I didn't need to see regionals results to figure that out. I've been whining about it for the past half of the season. Hahaha
                              We were who we were at the end of the season because of our schedule. Iron sharpens iron.

Comment

Working...
                              X