No announcement yet.

2024 NCAA Baseball Tournament Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College baseball remains mostly about not giving the game away.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

What has happened to ECU pitching? Injuries?
      They lost Hunter to an injury (one of their #3 starters). Then Zach Root went down towards the end of the year (Saturday guy and really good). Then Yesavage had the weird collapsed lung that took him out of Clearwater. Also, when we were in Greenville, Wyatt Lundsford-Shenkman, probably their #1 closer, was used twice in the same day. He's never been the same since.

Root and Yesavage are back. Hunter is done and WLS hasn't been the same. 4 appearances have all been disastrous, including today.
      Last edited by WuDrWu; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

ECU swings away and Wake gets out #1 at the plate. Still loaded, 1 out now.

I can't see anything but a squeeze here.

Ground ball past the pulled in infield scores the game winner. ECU survives and probably is the favorite again to win this regional.

Evansville and VCU will be out of pitching soon.

Classy ECU fans in the outfield.

Comment

Ugh. I hate ECU.
          Go Shocks!

Comment

ECU wins (loses?) the battle of who can choke more

Comment

Sorry, have to root for our league over P4 schools.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                Sorry, have to root for our league over P4 schools.
                Same. Not a fan of their coach, or a lot of their fans. They also have a few serious douchers like Williams.

But they are in our conference and, for now at least, the bell cow. They are the king until we take the crown.

Also I've had a couple of interactions with JJC and he couldn't be more polite. Seems like a great kid and he's a hell of a ball player.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

They lost Hunter to an injury (one of their #3 starters). Then Zach Root went down towards the end of the year (Saturday guy and really good). Then Yesavage had the weird collapsed lung that took him out of Clearwater. Also, when we were in Greenville, Wyatt Lundsford-Shenkman, probably their #1 closer, was used twice in the same day. He's never been the same since.

Root and Yesavage are back. Hunter is done and WLS hasn't been the same. 4 appearances have all been disastrous, including today.
                  Root threw a season high in pitches against WSU and then didn't return til the conf tourney. You could make a pretty compelling argument that they sacrificed their season to sweep the Shox in Greenville.

Comment

Alabama-out
                    Wake Forest-out
                    Vandy-out
                    Arizona-soon to be out.

Comment

Man alive, what it would be to host a regional again.
                      ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
                        Man alive, what it would be to host a regional again.
                        ​​​​​
                        This. When we hosted the regional and super regional in 2007, I wasn’t able to enjoy it for multiple reasons. I can’t express how much that I want another shot to experience that.

Especially the super regional versus Irvine. Those games were insane.
                        78-65

Comment

Pennington with 2 HRs today in NC State’s win over South Carolina.

Comment

Not sure if I mentioned it, but Chuck also hit 2 dingers in their first game that started last night and finished today. 5 RBI.

David Herring was hitless for ORU who bowed out quietly this year.

Nebraska, ECU, Tulane, Virginia, Oklahoma State and DBU (fall ball) all won today.

ORU lost.

Kansas State and Oklahoma are still playing.

Comment

Vornado comes up with a clutch hit and K-State puts up a sixer (so far) in the fifth.

Arkansas starting to come alive with their bats and KState is in a jam. 7-6 KState top of 9th.
                              Last edited by shoxlax; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

KState hangs on. They must be thin in the bullpen, threw their two closers the entire game. Will almost certainly see Arkansas again as SE Missouri has to be out of pitching. OU poopied the bed against a good UCONN team.
                                Last edited by shoxlax; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X