2024 AAC Tournament Central

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI must not have seen Munz yesterday.

Serioulsy, though Mason appeared to be having a mechanical issue, perhaps brought on by a overdose of adrenaline event though the game wasn't that close. Seems like everyone of his 8 offering were up, really up. He just could not seem to get on top of the ball. Hope Claggett can work with him to correct whatever was causing that.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      AI must not have seen Munz yesterday.

Serioulsy, though Mason appeared to be having a mechanical issue, perhaps brought on by a overdose of adrenaline event though the game wasn't that close. Seems like everyone of his 8 offering were up, really up. He just could not seem to get on top of the ball. Hope Claggett can work with him to correct whatever was causing that.
      Yips? I wish I knew what the potential mix of starters is for both teams. That would help do a better analysis.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Comparative Analysis
        • ECU:
          - They have more pitchers with recent usage, indicating a heavier reliance on their bullpen recently.
          - Mixed ERA performance with some very high ERAs, which could be a concern.
          - Lunsford-Shenkman, Wallace, and Beal could be key reliable pitchers based on ERA and availability.
        • WSU:
          - They have several fresh pitchers who haven’t pitched recently, which could be an advantage.
          - Generally lower ERAs among available pitchers, indicating potentially stronger overall pitching performance.
          - Munz and Adler stand out as potentially strong options based on their ERA and recent rest.

Strategic Implications
        • ECU will need to carefully manage their bullpen, rotating pitchers to avoid fatigue. They might rely on their lower ERA pitchers like Lunsford-Shenkman, Wallace, and Beal.
        • WSU appears to have a strategic advantage with several fresh arms. They can utilize pitchers like Munz and Adler to maintain a strong defense while having more options for relievers with moderate ERAs.
        I might point out that Wallace for ECU appears to be a 2-way player, and only had 3 inning pitched before today. (3 bb, 3 k in those innings). His 1st outing was May 17th, so maybe he had an injury that prevented him from pitching until then. By contrast, he has 67 ABs this year, hitting .269.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I might point out that Wallace for ECU appears to be a 2-way player, and only had 3 inning pitched before today. (3 bb, 3 k in those innings). His 1st outing was May 17th, so maybe he had an injury that prevented him from pitching until then. By contrast, he has 67 ABs this year, hitting .269.
          Yeah, we could feed a ton more stuff in to get a better analysis. I could throw in each players full stats. Would be interesting, but I already have a headache and getting ready to head out to Clearwater at 0'dark hundred. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            Dollars to doughnuts they bean him at least once tomorrow.
            I agree. ECU will come out and try to intimidate the Shockers in the first inning.

Just like in 2018, when WSU came in a ranked team against ECU. WSU smacked them around the first game with a 14-3 victory. The second game ECU hit Bohm on purpose in the first inning to set the tone. WSU shrank from it, and ECU took the series. WSU then played 0.500 ball the rest of the way.

Comment

• So, of the 27 roster spots, we brought 11 pitchers?

Comment

• 18. ****ing. Outs.
                Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                  18. ****ing. Outs.
                  I am insanely stupid. Been saying outs for like 2 days when I meant innings in my head.
                  Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• This is on all of you for not correcting me. I’ve gotten so many weird looks!!

Comment

• I was just gonna blame you if we led through 6 tomorrow and then lost both games.

Comment

This is on all of you for not correcting me. I’ve gotten so many weird looks!!
                        Everything's already all on me. Just ask my wife. Eff it up and put on ol' Kung, I can take it like JRog!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Everything's already all on me. Just ask my wife. Eff it up and put on ol' Kung, I can take it like JRog!
                          Yep, tomorrow you will either be the G.O.A.T. for wanting ECU or the goat for f'ing this up for all of shocker nation. Sleep well tonight...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockerman View Post

Yep, tomorrow you will either be the G.O.A.T. for wanting ECU or the goat for f'ing this up for all of shocker nation. Sleep well tonight...
                            Dude, that's cleats up man!

Comment

• FYI Zang was replaced by Walters for this tournament.

Comment

This is on all of you for not correcting me. I’ve gotten so many weird looks!!
                                I was just hoping you new something that rest of us didn't?

Comment

Working...
                                X