2024 AAC Tournament Central

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    I don't think your personal underwear strategy applies to college baseball?
    It's better not to chance it!

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
      Deserved for even thinking about defending what his player did. Suck it everyone that isn't the Shox!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Is there a video of his shenanigans?
        Just watch any videos of any ECU games. Dude spends 60% of the game in places he's not supposed to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Just watch any videos of any ECU games. Dude spends 60% of the game in places he's not supposed to be.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Here's video of the dirty slide and subsequent on-field aneurysm by Godwin. Going on to the field to argue it is what caught him the 2-game suspension. You can't do that anymore.

This video hosted by SmugMug; your photos and videos look better here.

Comment

The comments are straight up hilarious. "ECU should leave this crap conference"

Bruh.. No one and I mean no one wants ECU lol. The average fan doesn't even realize they are a D1 school

Comment

• I can understand feeling undervalued as you repeatedly win a conference title in a sport.

HOWEVER.

1. This event is not the hill to die on. No one outside of hickville thinks that wasn't a dirty-ass play. Perusing their board, I'd say even 2/3 of their dial-up customers are willing to go at least as far as saying if the roles were reversed they'd think it was dirty.

2. You gotta do something in the postseason before you start complaining about your league holding you back. Until then you're just whining. The conference was good enough for you to host 4 consecutive times from 2018-2022. And good enough for you to host this year if you don't implode the last 3 weeks of the season. If you're hosting every year including multiple times when you'd host the super, it's on you that you're not getting it done in the postseason, not on your conference.

3. They should just be thankful they still have a third baseman. He did that 50ft away from LaPour and lived to tell about it. You couldn't be having a luckier day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

The comments are straight up hilarious. "ECU should leave this crap conference"

Bruh.. No one and I mean no one wants ECU lol. The average fan doesn't even realize they are a D1 school
                  There reputation in college baseball is legit. Really their fans are cool save for the occasional imbecile on social media.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

There reputation in college baseball is legit. Really their fans are cool save for the occasional imbecile on social media.
                    Yea but in the grand scheme of things... College baseball has zero impact on how desirable a school is to other conferences

Comment

• Kinda off-topic, but I will use this tournament as an example, so it is not too far off base.

I had mentioned something a year or two ago, and I didn't get much response to it because it seemed kinda abstract and not applicable to WSU. Now that I have a more tangible example to use, check this out.

Let's pretend that this tournament had a best of 3 final instead of a one-game final. Imagine if WSU played the winner of Charlotte and Florida Atlantic tomorrow. WSU takes care of business to make the best of 3 championship where they meet...ECU. To win the tournament, WSU has to beat ECU in a 2-of-3 final. But wait? WSU beat ECU already. Why do they have to turn around and beat them twice?

This is the exact format that the WCWS uses. The loser of the winner's bracket final shifts to the other bracket. Now, I get that in a true double elimination bracket, you mix teams around a little to play different opponents in the loser's bracket. However, in this format where there are two 4-team brackets and the winners emerging meet in a best of 3 final, these seems rather fudged up to me.

But what do I know?

Here is last year's bracket for reference...

78-65

Comment

Good. Now he’ll be able to drown in his tears on the couch for a bit. Can’t believe that was the limb he went out and stood on.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Go Chaos!
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Just hoping for a 5-hour game, couple of extra innings, and about 300 pitches thrown for each side.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                              Kinda off-topic, but I will use this tournament as an example, so it is not too far off base.

I had mentioned something a year or two ago, and I didn't get much response to it because it seemed kinda abstract and not applicable to WSU. Now that I have a more tangible example to use, check this out.

Let's pretend that this tournament had a best of 3 final instead of a one-game final. Imagine if WSU played the winner of Charlotte and Florida Atlantic tomorrow. WSU takes care of business to make the best of 3 championship where they meet...ECU. To win the tournament, WSU has to beat ECU in a 2-of-3 final. But wait? WSU beat ECU already. Why do they have to turn around and beat them twice?

This is the exact format that the WCWS uses. The loser of the winner's bracket final shifts to the other bracket. Now, I get that in a true double elimination bracket, you mix teams around a little to play different opponents in the loser's bracket. However, in this format where there are two 4-team brackets and the winners emerging meet in a best of 3 final, these seems rather fudged up to me.

But what do I know?

Here is last year's bracket for reference...

Agreed. It makes no sense that it's double elimination up until the final. Finals should go until one team gets two losses

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Deserved for even thinking about defending what his player did. Suck it everyone that isn't the Shox!
                                I think ECU is fortunate that Jordan Rogers was not seriously injured on this play. So they probably should just accept their minor penalty, be thankful it wasn't worse, and quietly move on.

Comment

Working...
                                X