2024 AAC Tournament Central

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    I would have bet I saw TY yesterday but I was obviously wrong.

The kid is a great pitcher and I hope he was in fact released today and makes a full recovery. He's going to get stupid money in the draft, and I don't want to see anything get in the way of that as well as a kid being healthy and sound for the rest of his life. Here's to a full recovery for Trey.

I wouldn't be surprised if either Zach Root and or Wyatt Lunsford Shenkman threw tomorrow or this weekend. Regardless, ECU is plenty good and deep enough to wear the injuries and still be successful. We'll have to have our A game to advance.

Watching the late games reinforced my belief about how we finished and the benefit of potentially finishing 3rd. We'd have destroyed the other bracket.

But, we didn't and we aren't. Let's get what's in front of us. Everything this team wants is right there for the taking. They guys seem focused and in a good place.

Go Shocks!
    https://x.com/bbaileywnct/status/1793324058043392285

WLS starting.
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Rice 9 - UAB 0 (UAB Eliminated)

FAU puts up a 6-spot in the top of the 4th to take a 7-3 lead over UTSA.

Comment

• Game time countdown: ​
        Last edited by Kung Wu; May 23, 2024, 12:23 PM.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Final Score: FAU 12 - UTSA 5 (#2 Seed is 2 and que)

Comment

• Wild game with collisions, UTSA warned for throwing at a guy, then next pitch hits him. Gonzo and the coach.

Comment

• UTSA is going to catch some heat for that.

2 out top 8, UTSA down 7. They bring in a bad pitcher. First pitch over the batters head. Everyone warned. 2nd pitch under his chin. Frankly, blue should have run him right there. 3rd pitch middle of the back. Pitcher walks to dugout before the ball even hit him.

Comment

• Wow! Hahaha
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• wtf was that all about?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Let’s Go Shockers. Find some magic and maybe a little bit of fairy dust from the 1980s and let’s take the first steps to getting back where we belong.
                    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      UTSA is going to catch some heat for that.

2 out top 8, UTSA down 7. They bring in a bad pitcher. First pitch over the batters head. Everyone warned. 2nd pitch under his chin. Frankly, blue should have run him right there. 3rd pitch middle of the back. Pitcher walks to dugout before the ball even hit him.

Here is the video of the prior collision and then the retaliating pitchers ejection.

Comment

• I get the HBP, but only if the FAU player had done something dirty before that. But in both cases, actions of UTSA players could have seriously hurt the FAU kid. I mean, the first pitch looked like it was (poorly) thrown at his head.

I wonder if UTSA thought the runner could have minimized the contact instead of running right through him. But in that case, it's still tit-for-tat at that moment. Should have been over.

Comment

• No deceit or protest here, and a little humorous.

The UTSA pitcher was walking toward the dugout before the umpire had even gave him the thumb. Obviously, he was warned on the previous pitch. Why the two extra pitches. Just nail him the first time, and then the pitcher gets warned, and stays in the game.

Comment

• I'm good with the kid running over the fielder. I'm also good with him getting beaned. Gimme that baseball.

I think it took 3 pitches cuz that pitcher sucks, not cuz he was messing around. And I don't think he was trying to hit him in the head, I think he just sucks. Both the pitcher and coach knew what it was, and so did FAU. I thought all acted appropriately afterward. UTSA took their pound of flesh and then said it was over, and it was.

Comment

• The 93 mph fastball to the back, would have me charging the mound… I’m sure that left a mark.

Give ‘em hell Lew!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Back to the real game today...

Godwin said they have their closer back from injury, he's starting, and they expect him to go a couple innings. I think I would've preferred Yesavage to facing 7 pitchers. ORU does that crap and we always lose.

Edit: Which I see now Onegreatracer already posted. #SPOILER on the content of the linked tweet lol

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                                Time to see if the program can at least quit writhing around in the dirt and start crawling. Need to make the championship game. Cmon boys.

GO SHOX!

Comment

Working...
                                X