No announcement yet.

2024 AAC Tournament Central

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ECU board is horrendous to read through, but they are freaking out regarding Yesavage puncturing a lung with dry needle treatment?

Comment

• Now that’s crazy. A break for us but horrible for the kid
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by WINGdingBALLfling View Post
        The ECU board is horrendous to read through, but they are freaking out regarding Yesavage puncturing a lung with dry needle treatment?

https://eastcarolina.sportswar.com/m...504b0013e8d144
        Good lord, you need a Turing bombe machine to decipher where to go to wade through threads on that board!
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Wait, are there actually 'threads?' 2002 called. But ECU didn't answer cuz they're using the line for dial-up.

Comment

• Originally posted by WINGdingBALLfling View Post
            The ECU board is horrendous to read through, but they are freaking out regarding Yesavage puncturing a lung with dry needle treatment?

https://eastcarolina.sportswar.com/m...504b0013e8d144
            We aren't falling for that, right?
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Indeed. Gimme Yesavage anyway. We always do better against the prospects than against the junkballing guys with 5.82 ERAs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

He wasn’t in their dugout yesterday so it’s adding up
                Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• That does suck for them.

But still it doesn’t matter for us if Tommy doesn’t come ready to ball out.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• This was from an ECU poster on the AAC board

"Tournament is back up for grabs.

ECU just likely lost Yesavage for the AAC tourney - ECU is releasing a statement today.

So... no Yesavage, no Root, no Lunsford-Shenkman. Our top 3 arms.​"

Also:

Comment

• On a not joking note, hope he comes out of it ok. Starting next week. He's a great pitcher and has a exciting career ahead of him if he can stay healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        That does suck for them.

But still it doesn’t matter for us if Tommy doesn’t come ready to ball out.
                        I have nothing to base it on other than observance, but if we lose to ECU I don't see any scenario where it'll be Tommy's fault. That dude's a competitor.

Comment

• Those Blazers are sore losers to resort to such tactics!

Comment

• I get what your saying Kung but that's not how Baseball, especially Post season baseball works. "Trying hard" and "effort" while admirable doesn't win games. This is our biggest game of the year, and Tommy needs to be on and go deep into the game. , Especially since it's likely that we will need to beat ECU twice to make the championship. Baseball is funny and pitching is such a mind game that even the best to have done it had days when they don't have "it." Tommy needs to have "it" tomorrow
                            Last edited by Shockerman; May 22, 2024, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
                              I get what your saying Kung but that's not how Baseball, especially Post season baseball works. "Trying hard" and "effort" while admirable doesn't win games. This is our biggest game of the year, and Tommy needs to be on and go deep into the game. , Especially since it's likely that we will need to beat ECU twice to make the championship. Baseball is funny and pitching is such a mind game that even the best to have done it had days when they don't have "it." Tommy needs to have "it" tomorrow
                              Tommy showing up and being dialed in is a must, but it will NOT be enough. We need the other guys to show up and not have 4 errors in one game, for example. We need the Stroh that Stroh's it to the East and Stroh's it to the West and Stroh's it to the one he loves the best. Not the .224 Stroh looking for a Vornado NIL sponsorship. We need the entire team to show up and be dialed in to beat a Top 10 team in the nation -- which has been a difficult challenge for us all season. That's all I'm sayin. I believe Tommy WILL show up and do his part. I need the rest of the team to follow suit and help the freshman out.

Comment

• I would have bet I saw TY yesterday but I was obviously wrong.

The kid is a great pitcher and I hope he was in fact released today and makes a full recovery. He's going to get stupid money in the draft, and I don't want to see anything get in the way of that as well as a kid being healthy and sound for the rest of his life. Here's to a full recovery for Trey.

I wouldn't be surprised if either Zach Root and or Wyatt Lunsford Shenkman threw tomorrow or this weekend. Regardless, ECU is plenty good and deep enough to wear the injuries and still be successful. We'll have to have our A game to advance.

Watching the late games reinforced my belief about how we finished and the benefit of potentially finishing 3rd. We'd have destroyed the other bracket.

But, we didn't and we aren't. Let's get what's in front of us. Everything this team wants is right there for the taking. They guys seem focused and in a good place.

Go Shocks!

Comment

Working...
                                X