• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tulane 7 - Charlotte 5.

Charlotte and FAU square off tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

We're comparing Rice to ECU not WSU. On Saturday Rice would be playing their 2nd game in 3 days, just like us. ECU would be playing their 3rd game in 3 days.

If we lose Saturday morning we will play the same team again later on in the day Saturday. That'd be ECU's 4th game in 3 days. That's a lot.

I don't want to play an extra game though. If Rice gives us the best chance at playing only one, then go Rice. I'm just not sure that's true considering the injuries and number of games ECU is having to play consecutively.
      Rice all day and twice (in this case) on Saturdays. It's not close.

Comment

• Rice ain’t beating ECU tomorrow so it’s irrelevant unfortunately.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

We're comparing Rice to ECU not WSU. On Saturday Rice would be playing their 2nd game in 3 days, just like us. ECU would be playing their 3rd game in 3 days.

If we lose Saturday morning we will play the same team again later on in the day Saturday. That'd be ECU's 4th game in 3 days. That's a lot.

I don't want to play an extra game though. If Rice gives us the best chance at playing only one, then go Rice. I'm just not sure that's true considering the injuries and number of games ECU is having to play consecutively.
          ECU is an animal. Just like WSU was in their heyday. As long as ECU is in the tournament, they are a threat to win it all. If you listen to their coach, they want to get to the championship game and beat Tulane. Tulane must have been talking some trash after sweeping ECU in the regular season because he talked more about Tulane than the WSU game.

Comment

• Point of order, ECU is nothing like WSU in their heyday.

Comment

I can't see Rice beating us twice on Saturday. ECU still believes they are a top 10 team and that's what matters. #letsgoRice
              ​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

ECU is an animal. Just like WSU was in their heyday. As long as ECU is in the tournament, they are a threat to win it all. If you listen to their coach, they want to get to the championship game and beat Tulane. Tulane must have been talking some trash after sweeping ECU in the regular season because he talked more about Tulane than the WSU game.
                Overlooking Rice and WSU after nearly crapping out to one and getting destroyed by the other?

Keep thinking about Tulane boys.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Livingston really has one of the more interesting stat lines you'll ever see.

.269/.400/.791

18 hits in 67 ABs.

3 of those 18 hits are singles.
                  5 of those 18 hits are doubles.
                  10 of those 18 hits are home runs.

35 RBIs in 67 ABs for 0.52 RBI/AB.

He strikes out a lot. He walks a lot. He gets hit by pitch a lot. He hits into a lot of double plays.

Of his 83 Plate Appearances, 27 have ended in an in-play out. He's averaging 30% more RBIs on balls in play than outs on balls in play. WTF kindof number is that?

I don't know what to do with this data, but it's fun to look at. I don't know what you're supposed to do with that data as an opposing team either. I mean, he strikes out a ton (27% of PAs) so I guess you try to do that? But if you don't manage that.... Do you put him on? He's plenty happy to take his free bases. Hope for a double play? OK, but just as likely a double and twice as likely a dinger. It's just so interesting.
                  Last edited by Cdizzle; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Can't believe I am saying this but I kind of hope ECU wins tomorrow. They would be in their third game in 3 days against us. And 4th game in 5 days. They'd have to be depleted compared with Rice?
                    My friend, be careful what you wish for. I remember Oklahoma State in a regional here years ago in about the same situation and they came back and beat the Shox.
                    An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post

My friend, be careful what you wish for. I remember Oklahoma State in a regional here years ago in about the same situation and they came back and beat the Shox.
                      Well everyone here knows ECU is gonna beat Rice for the 5th time in 9 days, so we don't have a choice.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Reading comments from ECU fans I find it interesting that the top team in the main AAC sports (football, basketball, football) always seems to talk down on the conference and act like they deserve special treatment. Okay, maybe that's just Memphis, but ECU fans certainly don't talk that way for football or basketball.

Comment

• Neither WSU nor Memphis are playing baseball today, and that makes this Shocker fan happy!

Get those jerseys clean! Or don't. Maybe we'd run rule everyone if we quit cleaning them, eventually reaching some sort of mastery where the opposition wouldn't even take the field against us.

Comment

• I don't think your personal underwear strategy applies to college baseball?

Comment

• Comment

• Is there a video of his shenanigans?

Comment

Working...
                                X