WSU at Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    What is worst case seed if we win zero of one, two, or three? We are a mortal lock for the tourney now, just a matter of seed? Or not even a mortal lock?
    Yes, we are locked into making the Tournament. Obviously, you want to be seeded as high as possible but perhaps more importantly you would like to be in the bracket opposite from ECU. But at some point you probably have to beat ECU anyway, although they are playing great lately so who knows. All questions about seeding will be resolved at the end of this weekend. In the meantime, let's hope the Shocks are zoned in and fired up. Hard to believe they won't be.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Yes, we are locked into making the Tournament. Obviously, you want to be seeded as high as possible but perhaps more importantly you would like to be in the bracket opposite from ECU. But at some point you probably have to beat ECU anyway, although they are playing great lately so who knows. All questions about seeding will be resolved at the end of this weekend. In the meantime, let's hope the Shocks are zoned in and fired up. Hard to believe they won't be.
      Right but now the issue is do we rest Favors and LaPour for the tourney and not worry about seed too much or do we throw the full artillery at Memphis trying to get the best seed we can abd risk going into the tournament a little tired? Or something in between? Or play it by ear depending on how things progress?

Those are tough calls to make.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Not trying to play 2 today feels like a mistake in all ways.

Comment

Right but now the issue is do we rest Favors and LaPour for the tourney and not worry about seed too much or do we throw the full artillery at Memphis trying to get the best seed we can abd risk going into the tournament a little tired? Or something in between? Or play it by ear depending on how things progress?

Those are tough calls to make.
          I don't think they will fully rest Favors and LaPour and I don't think they should. However, I would be surprised if they are not on a strict pitch count of any where from 45 to 60 pitches. I think it would be good to get all of our pitchers who we are likely to use in the tournament at least a little work vs MemphEx. So I am expecting this weekend will feel like a Johnny Wholestaff approach.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 16, 2024, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I don't think they will fully rest Favors and LaPour and I don't think they should. However, I would be surprised if they are not on a strict pitch count of any where from 45 to 60 pitches. I think it would be good to get all of our pitchers who we are likely to use in the tournament at least a little work vs MemphEx. So I am expecting this weekend will feel like a Johnny Wholestaff approach.
            This sakes mense.

Comment

What is worst case seed if we win zero of one, two, or three? We are a mortal lock for the tourney now, just a matter of seed? Or not even a mortal lock?
              As '72 said, we're in as far as Clearwater is concerned. But we can still finish in any seed spot except 1.

Looking at numerical probability and outcome probability, three four or five are the most likely seeds, to me at least.

Comment

RH: Podcast With Kam Durnin On Shocker Baseball

Listen to the podcast
                Kam Durnin is fast becoming a favorite Shocker for me and this interview certainly doesn't diminish my enthusiasm for Kam.

Comment

Kam Durnin is fast becoming a favorite Shocker for me and this interview certainly doesn't diminish my enthusiasm for Kam.
                  Another impressive young man and WSU student athlete. Wow!
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

This sakes mense.
                    Rest vs Rust. Need the rest but don't need the rust.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 16, 2024, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Comment

Is the MemphEx 3B any relation to Carole?

Comment

MemphEx is begging us to blow this game open. I say we oblige.

Comment

Wtf just happened? He hardly leaned in any more than most do. And even if he did how the hell would it be an out? Still a ball, no?
                            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Terrible call.

Comment

The rule is if you lean into it then it’s a strike.

And it’s still a horrible call.
                                Last edited by WuDrWu; May 16, 2024, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X