No announcement yet.

WSU at Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, winner takes all is an awesome approach here for both schools. And they have nothing to lose by NOT accepting that, except I suppose MemphEx' seniors could risk losing getting to play in one last career game.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• But those same seniors get a better shot at extending their careers as a reward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        They should just play two sudden death overtime games. First run wins in each game. Call it a day.
        Or play what we did one slow pitch softball tournament a zillion years ago, when rain forced the whole weekend to be jammed into one day. We played what was called "California Rules". When you step to the plate the count is 3-2. So either you walk, strike out (which in slow pitch includes a foul ball), get out from a fielding play, or get on base by hit or error. We were whipping through 7 inning games in about 30 minutes.
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Is there a better chance of Memphis making the tourney with just win and the second getting rained out or do they have to win 2 now to get in?
          There is zero chance Memphis gets to Clearwater without getting to 11-16. They are 9-16 right now. No combination of other teams losing or cancelling etc gets them in.

They have to win two games, and then get help, mostly from FAU and or Rice losing out. 0-0, 1-0, 1-1 are all non-starters, no matter what else happens. 2 and 0 and help is what they need.

If you listen to their coach's presser, that is a result that seems incredibly unlikely.

Comment

• I only listened to the first 20s or so of that presser and he seemed to indicate they were just playing for fun the last 2 games.

Which might be a shame. They sucked when they thought they were still playing for something.

Comment

• Really hope Favors is on a tight pitch count tonight. OTOH, I suppose you could argue that getting to the champ game is impacted more by not being in ECU's pod than by who we have pitching on Wednesday.

So I guess the real key is the offense blowing the doors off. That opens up flexibility.

Comment

• Comment

• Terrible 0-2 pitch by Caden gets deposited over the left field wall.

Comment

• That's enough Favors for me today. Go to the pen and save him for Clearwater lol.
                    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Seth got that one out in a hurry. Line drive home run to right puts the Shocks up 2-1.

Comment

• Umpire definitely prevented that pop up catch

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          Umpire definitely prevented that pop up catch
                          I missed it, what happened?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I missed it, what happened?
                            Foul ball pop up right in front of the 1st base dugout (Memphis).. The ump ran right next to him and when he had to step back, the ump was kinda in the way. He looked back like he thought it might have been another shocker stepping in to get it and didn't make an attempt to catch it

Not a big deal since it didn't cause any harm. Memphis player got on but didn't score.

Comment

• Here we go. Lets break it open right here.

Comment

• Cam Johnson catch!

Comment

Working...
                                X