WSU at UTSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Yes, there were about 30 in the Millan family in attendance. An awesome sight!
    The UTSA announcer also mentioned a contingent of supporters from Cam Johnson's home town of Boerne which is about 20 minutes north of the UTSA campus which is on the far north side of San Antonio.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 5, 2024, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post

About hit the prison, if it weren’t for the net…or is that the new Alamo?
      As I suspected. Student housing.

Chapparal Village apartement style student living facility.

Campus Map: https://graduateschool.utsa.edu/about/main-campus/​
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 5, 2024, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

As I suspected. Student housing.
          Well sure, most prisons have college programs. You say "students", I say "convicts". Splitting hairs really.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            Chalk one up for analytics….it does pan out once in a while.
            I guess the analytics on this one was who can deliver the biggest bang. If that was the thinking than it worked perfectly.

A lefthanded hitter hitting 191 in 55 plate appearanes comes in for a lefthanded hitter hitting .282 in 157 plate appearanes. However, Josh did have 5 home runs and 16 RBI to Jaden's 0 home runds and only 23 RBI in nearly 3 times as many at bats.

On the face of it though, it was not a clear cut decision based on the numbers. In the previous 7 games Josh appeared in going back to the OSU game on March 26th he was 2-16 (.125) with one of those 2 hits a 3-run home against Tulane. Coming into the UTSA series 5 of Josh's 9 hits were home runs.

So I think this was largley a gut decision to take the high risk, high reward choice over the lower risk option. But it is so much fun when you get the high reward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Well sure, most prisons have college programs. You say "students", I say "convicts". Splitting hairs really.
              That is hard to argue with considering what is going on at college campuses these days. Perhaps these should be referred to as student emcampments.

Comment

• Did anyone else who watched the ESPN+ stream think that the video and audio weren't exactly in sync. Seems like the wound of the bat making contact with the ball trailed the video slightly.

Comment

• Did the UTSA announcer really call that 9th innng slicing fly ball that hit the foul pole in left for a home run a "bomb". .

Comment

• Holy Smokes!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Holy Smokes!
                      referencing?

Comment

• My viewing/listening experience got better when I considered that the UTSA announcer was some poor football guy who never in his life imagined he would be on the hook for calling baseball games on TV. It was horrible, but easier to forgive and move on.

Comment

• The UTSA announcers on Friday were consistently very complimentary of the Shox and seemed pretty good. Either it was a different crew or they were having some beverages while broadcasting on Saturday because it got weird at times.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

referencing?
                            During our 7 run inning he must have said Holy Smokes 6 times or more. It was hilarious, to me at least.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X