WSU at UTSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
    I am back to being intrigued, at the very least.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      Hate Kung had to miss it; he’s been a trooper this season as he learns the game.
      He’ll be able to avoid the bandwagon allegations next year
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Calling WuDrWu

Nailed it. Last nights game might have re-lit the fire.

The boys have made this a solid weekend.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Really good day. After such a poor 2-3 weeks. Nice to see them punch back a bit.

Comment

• A couple questionable pitching changes away from a potential sweep

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
              Really good day. After such a poor 2-3 weeks. Nice to see them punch back a bit.
              Let's hope it is the sign of better things to come and not just a one off.

Comment

• Nm
                Last edited by BAShocker; May 4, 2024, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• ESPN+ call…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• The double play the Shockers turned to get out of a 1-out bases loaded jam in the 1st inning was very good and not your every day run-of-the-mill 6-4-3 double play. A really key play in this game I thought.

Comment

• I don't know if the Shox have what it takes to make any kind of run in Clearwater. But I do think they have the 2nd most talent in the league. There's a chasm between #1 and erbody else, but erbody else kinda stinks. I could not have been less impressed with everything about the UTSA program/team the entire weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I'm calling it right now. If we win 2 today, we're playing for the title on Sunday in Clearwater.

I guess I better clear my calendar.

Comment

• Going to try to answer some things as I go through the thread.

Yes, Dayvin's ejection in game 1 cost him game 2. Automatic. Not a coach's decision.

There was scuttle that UTSA was stealing our signs early. I'll go back and watch later, but they were on everything early and then NOTHING until Adler gave up a couple.

Dobbs pitched ineffectively in his last 3 appearances (at least) and really wasn't a viable starting guy. He was good today though.

The Roadrunner bullpen is not deep. They had their ace, Riojas, throw 42 pitches Friday night then brought him back today in game 2. We lit him up then they brought in Kingsberry who got the save Friday (only 6 pitches) and Josh took him to the apartments.

We looked like a team again this weekend. Even in the loss Friday. Probably should have been a sweep, but it's a series win and one we needed badly.

Yes, we do have some young talent. I know it's silly to speculate and there's basically no chance we can keep everyone from the portal, but we return Gannon Snyder @ 1B, 2B could be open for DPJr. (Jordan is graduating but could play another year) SS is Kam and Camden at 3B and Lane Haworth in the OF. Pitching could be LaPour, Dobbs, Hamilton, Geraghty, Mulhollon and all would be sophomores. And I'm not mentioning any of the upperclassmen that will clearly help. If we can recruit at all, and keep most of those guys, we should take a step forward.

Yes, there were about 30 in the Millan family in attendance. An awesome sight!

Their announcer...Holy Smokes! lol He was not expecting the CAN we opened on the Roadrunners in the 7th. And he's petrified of what we will be next year. Good.

Josher only has 10 hits all year (48 ABs) while hitting .208 but 6 of the 10 hits are bombs. Also 2 doubles and 2 singles. 60% HRs.

And that granny was obliterated. He knew it and started trotting out of the box. Zero doubter.

Hard to predict what's next for these guys. We're done with midweek games (at least until Clearwater, if we make it).

2 series remaining...Charlotte at home then at Memphis to wrap up the regular season. Believe it or not, win 5 (if it's a sweep of Charlotte and 2 of 3 at Memphis) and we're almost assured 3rd. 2 sweeps and only Tulane could beat us for third by winning 6 of their last 7 which would include beating ECU at least twice. Not bloody likely. 3rd is a big deal because then you are in the opposite bracket from ECU. If we sweep the final 6, UTSA would have to win 4 of 6 vs USF & FAU to secure 2nd.
                            And to be clear, I'm not saying we'll finish that strong. Just putting out scenarios.

I'm thinking too far ahead, but it would be nice to not have to tax Tommy and Caden at Memphis and have them fresh for Clearwater. Beggars can't be choosers though.

Tomorrow I'm hopeful ECU can play and beat USF twice. FAU UAB doesn't matter much as they have identical records and we have the tiebreaker vs both. Probably pull for Rice over Charlotte and Memphis over Tulane, but Rice and Memphis losing really solidifies our trip to Clearwater.

I'll update tomorrow night.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu

We lit him up then they brought in Kingsberry who got the save Friday (only 6 pitches) and Josh took him to Cell Block B.

Fixed that for ya.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Going to try to answer some things as I go through the thread.

Yes, Dayvin's ejection in game 1 cost him game 2. Automatic. Not a coach's decision.

There was scuttle that UTSA was stealing our signs early. I'll go back and watch later, but they were on everything early and then NOTHING until Adler gave up a couple.

Dobbs pitched ineffectively in his last 3 appearances (at least) and really wasn't a viable starting guy. He was good today though.

The Roadrunner bullpen is not deep. They had their ace, Riojas, throw 42 pitches Friday night then brought him back today in game 2. We lit him up then they brought in Kingsberry who got the save Friday (only 6 pitches) and Josh took him to the apartments.

We looked like a team again this weekend. Even in the loss Friday. Probably should have been a sweep, but it's a series win and one we needed badly.

Yes, we do have some young talent. I know it's silly to speculate and there's basically no chance we can keep everyone from the portal, but we return Gannon Snyder @ 1B, 2B could be open for DPJr. (Jordan is graduating but could play another year) SS is Kam and Camden at 3B and Lane Haworth in the OF. Pitching could be LaPour, Dobbs, Hamilton, Geraghty, Mulhollon and all would be sophomores. And I'm not mentioning any of the upperclassmen that will clearly help. If we can recruit at all, and keep most of those guys, we should take a step forward.

Yes, there were about 30 in the Millan family in attendance. An awesome sight!

Their announcer...Holy Smokes! lol He was not expecting the CAN we opened on the Roadrunners in the 7th. And he's petrified of what we will be next year. Good.

Josher only has 10 hits all year (48 ABs) while hitting .208 but 6 of the 10 hits are bombs. Also 2 doubles and 2 singles. 60% HRs.

And that granny was obliterated. He knew it and started trotting out of the box. Zero doubter.

Hard to predict what's next for these guys. We're done with midweek games (at least until Clearwater, if we make it).

2 series remaining...Charlotte at home then at Memphis to wrap up the regular season. Believe it or not, win 5 (if it's a sweep of Charlotte and 2 of 3 at Memphis) and we're almost assured 3rd. 2 sweeps and only Tulane could beat us for third by winning 6 of their last 7 which would include beating ECU at least twice. Not bloody likely. 3rd is a big deal because then you are in the opposite bracket from ECU. If we sweep the final 6, UTSA would have to win 4 of 6 vs USF & FAU to secure 2nd.
                                And to be clear, I'm not saying we'll finish that strong. Just putting out scenarios.

I'm thinking too far ahead, but it would be nice to not have to tax Tommy and Caden at Memphis and have them fresh for Clearwater. Beggars can't be choosers though.

Tomorrow I'm hopeful ECU can play and beat USF twice. FAU UAB doesn't matter much as they have identical records and we have the tiebreaker vs both. Probably pull for Rice over Charlotte and Memphis over Tulane, but Rice and Memphis losing really solidifies our trip to Clearwater.

I'll update tomorrow night.
                                Coming back to reality where would we likely end up with a 3-3 finish? Guess we need to see what today brings.

Comment

Working...
                                X