No announcement yet.

WSU at UTSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I gotta head out to watch my favorite athlete in the whole world. Hold the fort down fellas and cheer 'em on to victory for me!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I’m givin’ ‘er all I’ve got Scotty! Come on bats!!
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Son of a *****! Nice catch.

Comment

• Hamiltion settled down pretty nicely after his near disaster in the 1st and the first 2 batters in the 2nd. He has retired 12 in a row since that point. Dobbs comes on in relief in the 6th and makes it 15 in row.

Unfortuantely, the Shocks have not been able to get much going offensively.

Shocks looked like they might have something going in the 3rd when Ryan Callahan and Cam Johnson led off with a pair of singles from the 8 & 9 spots in the order but both Haworth and Rogers struck out and after a wild ptich moved the runners up to 2nd and 3rd Derek Williams flied out to right field. That was the only inning in which the Shocks had runners in scoring postion through the first 6 innings.

With 1 out in the 7th the Shocks a Kam Durnin walk triggered a call to the UTSA bullpen to replace the UTSA starter who had ptiched a very strong 6.1 innings. Brayden Luikart, Ryan Callahan and Cam Johnson greeted the reliever with back-to-back-to-back singles from the 7, 8 & 9 spots in the order scoring Kam Durnin to make it 2-1 and loading the bases with 1 out.

UTSA goes to the bullpen for a 2nd time in the inning. Haworth flied out to right field scoring Luikart from 3rd to tie the game at 2-all. Jordan Rogers walked to reload the bases before Derek Williams drive in the go ahead run on the Shocker's speicalty, a hit-by-pitch.

Josh Livingston game on to pinch hit for Jayden Gustafson which proved to be the move of the game as Josh promptly cleared the bases with a grand slam home run to right field and just like that the Shocks go from down 2 to up 5 at 7-2.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 4, 2024, 07:17 PM.

Comment

• Life!

Comment

• He ripped that one!!! Granny!

Comment

• That was a smash! A no doubter!!

Comment

• Chalk one up for analytics….it does pan out once in a while.

Comment

• Crowd sounds great for being a road game

Comment

• After the shaky start for Brady Hamilton he and Tyler Dobbs have now retired 18 consecutive batters for the 2nd through the 7th innings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        Crowd sounds great for being a road game
                        Milan has 25-30 family members there… and other players family members also… and some alumni there. Good to see. It’s been a difficult stretch for Shockers baseball.

Comment

• That was a base running blunder, but I’ll give Callahan a pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            That was a base running blunder, but I’ll give Callahan a pass.
                            Well executed fake

Comment

• Nice double play!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                That was a base running blunder, but I’ll give Callahan a pass.
                                Yeah, a pass is warranted. The bottom 3 in the Shocker order (Luikart, Callahan and C. Johnson) have 7 of the Shocks' 9 hits plus a walk in 12 plate appearances with no stirke outs and have scored 4 of the Shocks' 8 runs.

Comment

Working...
                                X