Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oklahoma State @ WSU (March 26 - 6:00 pm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
    I know I should be enjoying some of this more than I am but I can't help but wondering how many of these good freshman we're going to be able to keep?

I hope they are good with BG AC and the program. I worry about another exodus of guys because of how well the freshman who signed with different coaches are performing. Certainly there will always be some leavers, but you know.
    Reason #1 it's very difficult to remain a fan of college athletics at this point. I don't mind players getting a cut of the action, but I'd prefer there was at least some pretense that players actually wanted to play for my favorite school. And for more than 3 months as an audition for their next contract.

Comment

1) NIL may actually have a bigger impact on baseball, overall, for just the reason that '72 stated. You don't make squat as a minor leaguer, and it's TOUGH sledding. Stay in school, get a degree (or an advanced degree) and get some coin while you're at it. Pretty good gig. A lot better, in my eyes, than the minors. Travel is better too.

2) No doubt fan loyalty is being tested, and I don't blame any fan for losing interest. Maybe they'll figure something out, I don't know.

3) I feel ok about keeping most of the guys. I doubt HCBG has a bad handle on the situation. IF they lose a bunch during his tenure, it will likely be this season though. Also, with a 40 man roster, and 27 traveling, some guys will leave to play. That's always going to happen. Honestly though, at this point, you can't sweat it. It's going to happen regardless of what we want.

Comment

I have advocated for starting NIL efforts at WSU on baseball/vball/softball. Dollars would go a lot further.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          I have advocated for starting NIL efforts at WSU on baseball/vball/softball. Dollars would go a lot further.
          Unfortunately we (or at least I) don't have a clear idea on what they have to offer these sports although I guess it is clear that we are in catch-up mode after initially ignoring NIL under the preceding AD.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            I second that and throw in track as well.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              I also don't know what we were doing with Favors in the 9th. I heard HCBG allude to something like that on the coach's show, but I don't know. I guess we'll throw Zang or Mount on Thursday now. Favors Friday, Hamilton Saturday? Give Tommy the week off? Seems, IDK, like we're thinking a little too hard I guess.
              Brady Hamilton Thursday, Favors on Friday and LaPour Saturday. I guess Favors is the main concern keeping on a schedule (maybe the pitchers Rice is throwing has something to do with it as well).

Comment

Brady Hamilton Thursday, Favors on Friday and LaPour Saturday. I guess Favors is the main concern keeping on a schedule (maybe the pitchers Rice is throwing has something to do with it as well).
                I think it makes sense to keep the guys on the same schedule. Especially since Starter 3 is still up for grabs anyway. I suspect Tuesday was a case where it would've been a bullpen day for Favors anyway, so they used him in the game instead. Not sure if that's a great idea or not, but I can see the logic.

Comment

If a game downtown is played, but no one is there to see it, did it make a sound?

Tickets are $10-$14 and they've sold basically none.

I'm not blaming anyone, and I'm not suggesting anyone should be blamed. There is an apathy greater than a lack of success these days and it extends beyond college athletics or sports in general.

Comment

If a game downtown is played, but no one is there to see it, did it make a sound?

I'm not blaming anyone, and I'm not suggesting anyone should be blamed. There is an apathy greater than a lack of success these days and it extends beyond college athletics or sports in general.
                    Don’t disagree at all. So, what has changed from yesteryear? (other than a top 20 team).

For me, ESPN+, and large flat screen hd tv’s. That and perhaps being lazy.

Comment

Sorry to disappoint DrWu. But Riverfront Stadium is a better venue than Eck Stadium, and much closer to my house. I’m looking forward to it. We will see which Shocker team shows up. Either way, I will be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Sorry to disappoint DrWu. But Riverfront Stadium is a better venue than Eck Stadium, and much closer to my house. I’m looking forward to it. We will see which Shocker team shows up. Either way, I will be there.
                        Not sure why you think that disappoints me?

Eck needs a lot of work and isn't close to as nice as RS. Don't even get me started on Eck renovations and how we've dropped the ball there.

I'm thrilled you'll be there, I'm just sad more won't. Just looking at the seat map, I fear there will be more OSU fans there than WSU fans.

Comment

It was a blast last year -- and we got a nice W to boot! Gotta work it out with my kid's practice schedule, but hoping to make it for a few innings at least!
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Tough to hear that. Was hoping for a couple K.

Wont be able to make this one and sad to hear it’s going to be empty. Supposed to be a nice night.

Comment

Also I’m betting there’s a fair number - probably more than 100 - WSU fans who are going to rescheduled softball but would be downtown tomorrow if it wasn’t a conflict.

Comment

JJ and I will be downtown today with some of the few friends we have. Looking forward to the venue and the company of my brother who prefers baseball to basketball. He is a strange duck in that respect. Should be about 12 of us in total Go Shocks.

Comment

Working...
                                X