Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oklahoma State @ WSU (March 26 - 6:00 pm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma State @ WSU (March 26 - 6:00 pm)

Hope you don't mind Kung Wu

Oklahoma State (15-9, 3-3 Big 12) vs. Wichita State (15-8, 2-1 American)

Tuesday, March 26 | 6:00 pm CT | Wichita, Kansas (Eck Stadium)
    TV: ESPN+ | Radio: KFH 97.5 FM/1240 AM

SCOUTING OKLAHOMA STATE: The Cowboys enter play on Tuesday at 15-9 overall and 3-3 in Big 12 play, good for a fifth-place tie in the conference standings. Oklahoma State took two of three games over the weekend against TCU at O'Brate Stadium, bouncing back from a Friday night 1-0 defeat in which former Wichita State pitcher Payton Tolle fired a complete game shutout with 15 strikeouts for TCU. Another former Shocker pitcher, right-hander Robert Cranz, leads the Cowboys in appearances with 11 and owns a 1.96 ERA. Oklahoma State is 4-2 in midweek games this season, with wins against Abilene Christian, Oklahoma and Missouri State, a loss against Dallas Baptist and a two-game series split against common opponent Utah Tech. The Cowboys pitching staff owns a 3.74 ERA, good for the 15th-best mark in the country, with a strikeout-to-walk ratio of 3.04:1 that ranks eighth. Two-way talent Carson Benge is a projected first round pick, hitting .333 with three homers and a 1.42 ERA. Head coach Josh Holliday is 418-228-2 in 12 seasons at his alma mater.​

I don't mind, but there's already a game thread. At my kids practice so I will be listening by radio, but we can roll with this thread! I can merge em later if its worth it.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Doh I can watch on ESPN+ on my phone. Duh.

Comment

Dobbs sharp as an icicle in the 1st. Jordan Roger booted a routine ground ball form the OS lead off hitting but Dobbs picked him off and faced the minimum.

Comment

That error by the OSU SS was weird. Its like after screwing up he just got lazy and gave up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            That error by the OSU SS was weird. Its like after screwing up he just got lazy and gave up on it.
            I believe that was the OSU 2nd baseman. Carbon copy of Jordan Rogers' error in the top of the 1st. A routine grounder but after the initial mishandling the OSU 2nd baseman decided to play some soccer. I would have thought you would have loved that.

A Jordan Rogers seeing eye single to left gave the Shocks runners at 1st and 2nd with 1 out but J-Gus lined out to the centerfielder Derek Williams struck out.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I believe that was the OSU 2nd baseman. Carbon copy of Jordan Rogers' error in the top of the 1st. A routine grounder but after the initial mishandling the OSU 2nd baseman decided to play some soccer. I would have thought you would have loved that.
              Hahaha .. OSU's pitcher darn near got decapitated on that last at bat! Wow!

Comment

Hahaha .. OSU's pitcher darn near got decapitated on that last at bat! Wow!
                Yes indeed. That was an absolute laser. Took a little bit for the vapor trail to clear.

Comment

You guys can keep your 96mph-throwing ceiling guys. Gimme the Dobbs' of the world all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    You guys can keep your 96mph-throwing ceiling guys. Gimme the Dobbs' of the world all day.
                    Both pitcher's have been outstanding today through 5 innings despite the totally contrasting styles. But I agree, I love me Tyler's finesse style. Can't break a pane of glass but you can't hit him either.

Comment

Dobbs is through the 6th having thrown only 66 pitches.

OSU Keisel and his 95-97 heaters and tight slider is done after 5. OSU brings in a 6-8 lefty bringing it at 95+ as well.

Comment

OSU pitcher definitely has good stuff and is dealing. Shocker hitter might want to consider taking the bats off their shoulders at some point though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          They seem to have a platoon of them. Probably sprinkle steroids on their Fruit Loops.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Both pitcher's have been outstanding today through 5 innings despite the totally contrasting styles. But I agree, I love me Tyler's finesse style. Can't break a pane of glass but you can't hit him either.
                            Imagine an upperclassman Dobbs with an additional 15 pounds of muscle on his frame. That'll be fun!

Comment

Imagine an upperclassman Dobbs with an additional 15 pounds of muscle on his frame. That'll be fun!
                              That would probably do him more harm that good. He just needs to stay with his Tom Brady physique.

Comment

Working...
                              X